Demian Bichir Joins Ridley Scott’s ‘Alien: Covenant’

Started by Gazz, Feb 23, 2016, 12:21:45 AM

Author
Demian Bichir Joins Ridley Scott’s ‘Alien: Covenant’ (Read 11,938 times)

Gazz

QuoteEXCLUSIVE: Demián Bichir has been set by Ridley Scott to join the cast of Fox's Alien: Covenant, the sequel to the Scott-directed Prometheus. Bichir will join Noomi Rapace, Michael Fassbender, Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride. Bichir, Oscar nominated for A Better Life, was most recently part of the ensemble cast of the Quentin Tarantino-directed The Hateful Eight. He's repped by CAA.

http://deadline.com/2016/02/demian-bichir-ridley-scott-alien-covenant-prometheus-the-hateful-eight-1201707299/

Enoch

Enoch

Great news...!!! ;D I feel that more is coming. :laugh:

Now the speculations about his character begin... :laugh: :o

https://youtu.be/x2wH5RS58lo
He is very good...

426Buddy

I like him as an actor, seen him in a few things, very good choice.

Wobblyboddle77

Well this is interesting casting, a potential antagonist, maybe a Weyland employee or a colonist on the covenant ship with his own agenda? Deadline are also stating Noomi Rapace is in the film casting. I don't know how accurate deadline are, but i'm liking all the casting for Alien Covenant.

Astronoë

Never heard of him, don't really care..but the news that Noomi is on cast list..that is good news :)

draken161

Noomi? Going to have to take that with a lil bit of salt. Otherwise great news.

Stolen

Bob the mexican  :laugh:
Great actor.

Hope for Noomi !!

Corporal Hicks

Thanks for the news, Gazz. This has been frontpaged.

I can't say I'm familiar with Bichir - I didn't catch Hateful 8 in the cinemas over here because of that whole debacle with Cineworld.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Curious to see how he fairs in the film, perhaps in a role like Ash, Burke, Vickers or Peter Weyland, a face of the company with their own ulterior motive like Wobblyboddle77 had suggested. Too early to tell though.

HuDaFuK

He was great in The Hateful Eight, even with very little to actually do.

I've seen him in other bits and pieces, but nothing I could put my finger on.

Whiskeybrewer

That annoyed me with the whole Cineworld thing? what actually happened?

Its nice to see the cast growing and it being pretty diverse

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Feb 23, 2016, 12:11:59 PM
That annoyed me with the whole Cineworld thing? what actually happened?

It was apparently do with the premiere being shown at an Odeon cinema: http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/the-hateful-eight/38405/the-hateful-eight-cineworld-not-showing-tarantinos-new-film

Whiskeybrewer

So Cineworld got into a pissy, which meant a lot of people couldnt see it? Christs sake. The two cinemas local to me are both Cineworlds. I couldnt travel to see it. Typical

Mr. Clemens

Nice to see some more casting happening. This might indicate that they have a script now.   :laugh:

Infected

All these actors have the normal look of a normal worker kinda guy,
so Ridley is going for the hard working look guys like in Alien.
Se we can expect a kind of reboot of Alien but with more gore and more mystery.
Cos i dont see those guys as Rambo's or Hicks and Hudson's so i can fairly say these are simple people,
getting prept for an ass whooping of bibicle proportions.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed