New Map: TDM Dry Dock

Started by windebieste, Feb 19, 2016, 06:48:42 AM

Author
New Map: TDM Dry Dock (Read 13,869 times)

windebieste

windebieste

Link?  Ummm... OK, here ya go:

Here's a whole catenary of 'em for ya!   :P

As for the map..?  Well, it's almost ready for MP testing.  ;D

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I'm shaking my head.

windebieste

windebieste

Ya.  You're probably right.  I'm being unnecessarily harsh. 

I really appreciated x-M-x's enthusiasm.  It's great to see such is the case and is a significant inspiration to me to ensure this map sees completion.  It touches me greatly to see that this Community still wants to see content for this old game.  It's a credit to the Community's enthusiasm as a whole that despite the game being 15 years old people are still making content for it.

I'm not speaking for myself, either.  There's always been interest in modding this game.  Whereas other more recent releases have been technically and aesthetically superior in just about every way, 21st Century Fox (and their partners ) have locked us out of any opportunity to actively generate substantial content for them.  I would love to have seen the tools released for 'A:CM'. ...or 'AvP 2010'.  ...or even 'A:I'. Unfortunately, no.  It didn't happen.  For the modding Community, we can only work with 'AvP2'.  So be it.  We'll do that.

So any input is precious and to be considered valuable.  I don't mean to belittle your enthusiasm, x-Man.  I'm completely taken aback by how much this Community craves custom content and has welcomed this map being made.  Not just for this game, but in general across all fan endeavors in this licence.  We are creative lot, us 'ALIENS' fans.  You may have noticed.  I sure have. 

Recently my activity in this Community has increased.  A lot.  There's a couple very good reasons for this and while they are both very personal, I will be more than happy to discuss them at further length at a later date.  I have a lot to thank this Community for - more than you can realise right now.

So, thank you x-M-x - and everyone else - for your support.  It means a lot to me.

-Windebieste.

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Hey everyone, Happy Alien Day! LV-4/26!

Just here to stop by while I have little time right now to announce that along with the release of TDM Dry Dock, Winde and I are partnering with releasing the Drone Skin from my WIP Graphic Redux Project! You will only be able to download and use the skin upon downloading Winde's Dry Dock map when he releases the finished(NOTE* It will not be available during the MP testing phase) map.

windebieste

windebieste

Wot he said.   ;D   Seeing as the map is very strongly themed around the Nostromo, we discussed the possibility of including Deathly_rYaN's 'ALIEN' skin along with it and decided to release it together with this map.   

Fear not!  You'll also get the skin as part of D_r's texture/skin pack at a later date.

Anyway, progress continues.  Here's some screenshots of the map in its test phase:

Have fun today everyone!

-Windebieste.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Yay! On all the points above! Oh man, they both look gorgeous! I really can't wait to give these a go. Like winde, I've found myself quite re-energized with the community and a lot of it has to do with people such as yourselves. Thank you guys.

x-M-x

x-M-x

@ windebieste

All good dude all good! (make sure you send me this map soon)

@ Deathly_rYaN

Why didn't you release this skin ages ago? we've been asking you to release stuff 'separate' as a taster!

@ Corporal Hicks

Yea man! keep the community Strong!

x-M-x

Deathly_rYaN

Deathly_rYaN

Quote from: x-M-x on Apr 27, 2016, 12:59:29 PM

@ Deathly_rYaN

Why didn't you release this skin ages ago? we've been asking you to release stuff 'separate' as a taster!

If you followed up on the GR Thread, I've been having problems getting the skin to work. The dtx viewer said that the new dtx files were tga files just renamed. I guess I didn't have to do anything but leave it as is.

But I also thought that this would be a cool thing to do. Release the skin with Windes Nostromo themed map.

IXvPRIMUSvXI

IXvPRIMUSvXI

GOOD JOB!

Spooky799kil

Spooky799kil

I know I am really late to this community and I kinda feel like a stranger who doesn't know anything but I want you to know that I love all the work you guys have done. Keep up the good work all of you!

PsyKore

PsyKore

Looks dope, Winde. ;) Do you have plans for more stuff after this?

windebieste

windebieste

@ Spooky799kil: Welcome to our odd little corner of the internet!   

@ PsyKore:  Thank you.  At this stage, no.  I've been mulling over this idea for a long time, though, and been wanting to do it.  ...on the other hand, you can never tell...  Would love to make a map where you play as an unarmed female scientist.  With just one Alien that randomly hunts you down in SP.  I think I can tweak the AI within the editor with a bunch of triggered commands to get it to emulate the Creature in 'ALIEN: Isolation'.  I think that would be fun.

...but not straight away.  I'll be glad to get this map finished before I make any other commitments.  i want to complete and reduce the number of responsibilities I have currently undertaken so I can concentrate on other major Project(s).  I have so much on my plate at the moment, even just contemplating making another 'AvP2' map right now is more than I want to tackle.  lol. 

-Windebieste.

Lucifero

Lucifero

Quote from: Deathly_rYaN on Apr 27, 2016, 02:23:01 AM
Hey everyone, Happy Alien Day! LV-4/26!

Just here to stop by while I have little time right now to announce that along with the release of TDM Dry Dock, Winde and I are partnering with releasing the Drone Skin from my WIP Graphic Redux Project! You will only be able to download and use the skin upon downloading Winde's Dry Dock map when he releases the finished(NOTE* It will not be available during the MP testing phase) map.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc397/Deathly_rYaN/ADS_4.png

nice skin It reminds me a bit the old Movie Runner
A more movie realistic runner from Alien.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Oh, I like that skin. Is there still a download link to it?

Deathmancer

Deathmancer

windebieste isdd a mapping machine. you cant stop him. he says irt will be dobne on a week ., its will be done it a qwwekkkk

ive hasd a few refrwesgments i ap[ologizer for my y[oing . id canjt be borthetredfg vto fix it

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed