Harry Gregson-Williams Will Compose Alien: Covenant Score

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 07:10:17 PM

Author
Harry Gregson-Williams Will Compose Alien: Covenant Score (Read 16,825 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Harry Gregson-Williams will compose Alien: Covenant score. Speaking to All Access about his career, Harry Gregson-Williams has revealed that Ridley Scott has asked him to score Alien: Covenant.

He stated his excitment for the project but also clarified it wouldn’t be until much later on in the year. Gregson-Williams and Ridley Scott have worked together previously on several different films, most recently on Scott’s acclaimed The Martian. Gregson-Williams has also worked alongside Ridley’s brother, Tony Scott, on various projects.

Harry Gregson-Williams Will Compose Alien: Covenant Score.

Harry Gregson-Williams Will Compose Alien: Covenant Score.

Prometheus was composed by Marc Streitenfeld but Gregson-Williams was actually brought aboard to compose two additional tracks for the Prometheus score: Life and We Were Right. Thanks to Scified for the news.

Ďindas

Now that is a great news!!!
He is very very good...

Chris P

Thanks for the credit Hicks  :)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

No need to thank, Chris. I always credit back to where I saw it.  :)

KiramidHead

Excellent news, he composed the best tracks from Prometheus.

He also did...

METAL GEAR?!? :laugh:

Stolen

My God !

Great news thanks!

The man behind Kingdom Of Heaven, The Martian... great!

T Dog

I think his music in Prometheus was good as music in itself but really really inappropriate for the film. Hoping things are darker this time.

Chris P

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 16, 2016, 07:31:59 PM
No need to thank, Chris. I always credit back to where I saw it.  :)

If only more did lol

Really excited for this though, I really enjoyed his work on Prometheus. However, like tmjhur said, I'm hoping for a darker tone.

BonesawT101

I'm pleased with this news. The Martian soundtrack is fantastic imo check out 'stomach op' from that OST, sounds like something we could perhaps hear on the Covenant soundtrack

Stolen

Life is a magnificent theme, very Influenced Goldsmith / sci-fi 70's. It's intimate, epic, powerful, mysterious and surprising.

Overall the soundtrack of Prometheus is excellent:
Alien> Prometheus> Alien 3> Aliens

But i'm ok with a darker tone for this new movie.

Mr. Clemens

Hopefully there's a lot of actual music in this film. Apart from 'A Planet' and 'Life', the Prometheus soundtrack was largely a collection of atonal blips and bloops... I suppose it worked in the film, but it makes for a pretty dull album.

T Dog

Quote from: BonesawT101 on Feb 16, 2016, 09:05:54 PM
I'm pleased with this news. The Martian soundtrack is fantastic imo check out 'stomach op' from that OST, sounds like something we could perhaps hear on the Covenant soundtrack

Can't find any track called stomach op!

future_Tarzan³

future_Tarzan³

YAY!! ;D ;D

Quote from: KiramidHead on Feb 16, 2016, 08:00:14 PM
He also did...
METAL GEAR?!? :laugh:

that's my line..   :-[

Astronoë

There was a soundtrack in Martian? Brb...

mace-in-the-face

Oh boy, another no-name added to this project!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed