Alien Timeline Updated

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 16, 2016, 03:20:12 PM

Author
Alien Timeline Updated (Read 71,590 times)

SM

SM

Possibly.

SM

SM

Some more pictures what I done.

windebieste

windebieste

Nice.  But the image needs a scale range somewhere.  Say, in 10 meter increments.

Otherwise, it's only meaningful in terms of comparison to each other

Also, I doubt these are correct scale the ships appear in the movie regardless of their dimensions I doubt the Conestoga ships are that size compared to the Covenant or the Nostromo.  Also the Covenant and the Nostromo have 3 decks apiece, that appears to be anomalous in this diagram, too.   

I'd draw the Covenant much bigger and longer.  I guess you're getting the dimensions from 'official' sources; but these look scaled incorrectly.  I would have drawn the Covenant at twice the length of the Conestogas.  ...or maybe scale down the Sulaco and Patna by half, making them the size of the Nostromo. 

-Windebieste.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I didn't realize the EEV was so much bigger than the APC.  It doesn't appear so in Alien 3.

SM

SM

windebieste

windebieste

The Covenant is closer to 700m than 500m.  Possibly longer.  800m, I'd say. 

Based on the size of the lander, which is berthed under the Covenant visible - as is the Lifter - these estimates are conservative:

FenGiddel

FenGiddel

Quote from: SM on Oct 16, 2017, 12:33:22 AM
Some more pictures what I done.
You done good... ;D

SM

SM

Cheers, bud.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Have you fixed it yet?

Kurai

Kurai

Is this based on the topography of where it was filmed, or put together from what was seen in the film itself? Very cool either way, I love me some maps.

SM

SM

Thanks.

One was based Milford Sound and the other based on Wadi Rum.  The Milford Sound one was adapted slightly to more closely match the film.  I was going to do the same for the Wadi Rum one but didn't need to in the end.  I was going to add some taller mountains at the eastern end of the valley, but they were beyond the edge of the map.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

I meant the pic.  Windy seems to think it's inaccurate.

SM

SM

Couldn't be less interested in what Windy seems to think.

It was designed to be 500m long.  If more accurate data presents itself, I'll re-assess it.  Though Graham and his blueprint book may beat me to it considering how slowly I work.

Local Trouble

Local Trouble

Quite?

SM

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed