The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 15, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

Author
The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title? (Read 35,424 times)

OpenMaw

If they do get him back...

...I want them to follow through on the original intention behind Predator 2. Have Dutch on a vendetta to kill these things whenever they pop up. He's been doing it ever since "the incident."

I'd also want him to get killed. Oh yeah, I said it. Kill Dutch.

overthere

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 20, 2016, 06:55:00 PM
If they do get him back...

...I want them to follow through on the original intention behind Predator 2. Have Dutch on a vendetta to kill these things whenever they pop up. He's been doing it ever since "the incident."

I'd also want him to get killed. Oh yeah, I said it. Kill Dutch.

No, man, killing Dutch would ruin everything. He didn't go through everything just to be killed later. Plus, I don't think Predators would kill him, he earned their respect.

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 18, 2016, 02:14:43 AM
Quote from: Keith on Feb 18, 2016, 02:04:22 AM
Anyone know the release date? Other than some time during Shane Black's lifetime?

We can only assume mid Summer of 2017 or sometime around 2018. No definitive date as of yet.

There is reports of a June release date in 2017 for the film.

http://www.scified.com/news/shane-blacks-predator-4-the-predator-release-date-set-for-june-12th-2017

Fox has Kingsman: The Secret Service 2 coming out that month. Would Fox release two sequels in the same month that year? World War Z 2, Uncharted, Despicable Me 3, Transformers 5 and The Mummy reboot are set to come out in June 2017. Seems like a bad choice to release Predator 4. August 2017 seems like a good choice for now.

RakaiThwei

I would not trust Sci-Fied for these upcoming things... AT ALL!!

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

If it does come out in 2017, they would need to start casting and filming soon. It's cool that Fox could be releasing AC and P4 in the same year.

RakaiThwei

I know that 2017 is the ideal date, but for me, I'd rather wait for something at 2018. For me, 2017 just seems too soon.

Mike

Mike

It's not to soon at all. Predators was filmed in less than a year and look how that turned out amazing. From the cinematography to the directing to the acting everything was just amazing in Predators. Love that movie and I can't wait for the new one!!!!!! :D :D

Mike

Mike

That would be amazing to release it on the 30th anniversary with Arnold in it!!!!!!!

overthere

Predator movies don't seem that difficult to do technically-wise once the script is done (except the first one).
2017. is realistic.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: overthere on Feb 20, 2016, 11:45:16 PM
Predator movies don't seem that difficult to do technically-wise once the script is done (except the first one).
2017. is realistic.

Exactly, especially since there's plenty of practical effects used in Predator films as well, so that saves the CGI department a lot of hassle as all they have to do is some polishing on the scenes.

I hope it is 2017, I'm way too impatient to wait until 2018.  :P

Mike

Mike

I think Fox should release ThePredator either on June 12 as reported or August this way it will be out at least 2 months before Alien Covenant.

overthere

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Feb 21, 2016, 12:58:28 AM
I hope it is 2017, I'm way too impatient to wait until 2018.  :P

Yea, I'm barely patient enough to wait for 2017.

Corporal Hicks

Assuming that they start production soon I don't think 2017 would be a stretch. June might be a bit of a stretch but it'd be a nice touch to release on the anniversary.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 18, 2016, 12:16:29 AM
Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Feb 18, 2016, 12:09:25 AM
Many interesting ideas floating around.

Personally, I would want a sequel that respects both the original and its sequel. If Predators is forgotten, I am happy.

I would prefer Predator:(Subtitle) like Alien:Covenant has. It makes it sound like it's a part of a larger universe and here's one part of it. Enjoy.

Finally, not a good name choice for younger viewers who want to see the movie when they ask their parents "Can I go see the predator?" Oops.

Hopefully this won't be sold to kids, keep it R rated or we're bailing out.
Doesn't mean young ones wouldn't be interested in it.
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 21, 2016, 01:17:37 AM
Assuming that they start production soon I don't think 2017 would be a stretch. June might be a bit of a stretch but it'd be a nice touch to release on the anniversary.
As would I. I like when they try to coordinate around specific dates of interest to the franchise.
Quote from: Mike on Feb 20, 2016, 10:38:50 PM
It's not to soon at all. Predators was filmed in less than a year and look how that turned out amazing. From the cinematography to the directing to the acting everything was just amazing in Predators. Love that movie and I can't wait for the new one!!!!!! :D :D
With respect, I agree with most of what you wrote. I feel that film went in the wrong direction trying to rewrite the original creature out of the picture, as I have addressed in other threads. But they did make a good looking film if nothing else.

Mike

Mike

I think It would be so badass to see a scene were the government/military have Predator captured and sinse Preds a mastermind he finds a way to escape and onto his ship outside the headquarters that the military doesn't know about because it's cloaked. Pred escapes and decloakes his ship knowing he finally has his way out salavating at the moment knowing he outsmarted the men. The military find out that Pred escaped and decide to take on The Predator with F-22 Raptors raving the sky while Predator in his ship. Pred the  mastermind in THE seat setting up the engines getting ready to take to the sky's breaking the sound barrier going more than Mach 1 (760 mph) in one intense chase scene up high as a climax scene!!! That would be so awesome!!! 

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed