The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 15, 2016, 08:09:54 PM

Author
The Predator - Shane Black's Predator 4 title? (Read 35,425 times)

overthere

The problem with having multiple Predators is they get killed easily. Having one Predator means they're so good at what they do, it only takes one.
I like when we see other Predators, but they're not hunting, they're just observing.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: KirklandSignature on Feb 17, 2016, 09:53:52 PM
So I assume they are going back to a "one predator" format. I like having multiple predators, also not happy about Predators being wiped off continuity.

Honestly, I'm hoping it does.. But I wouldn't bet on it.

However given Shane's attitude towards the sequels, Predator 2, AVP, AVP-R, and PREDATORS... I think it's given that he wasn't too fond of them but there is no indication that any of these sequels will be wiped out as far as the Predator side of things are concerned.

Already there are fan rumors of Super Predators showing up.

overthere

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 17, 2016, 11:10:59 PM
Already there are fan rumors of Super Predators showing up.

Those rumors have nothing to base it from. Super Predators suck, I hope we never see them again.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: overthere on Feb 17, 2016, 11:43:22 PM
Those rumors have nothing to base it from. Super Predators suck, I hope we never see them again.

I just confronted the guy who said there would be Super Predators in the film. He said that he only said it to be more popular...

.....Pffft!

XENOMORPHOSIS

That notion of Super Predator appearing in this new film we can automatically write off is because regardless of continuity Fox wishes to rebrand the series to another audience applying a fresh take.

There's reasons why they attempt to apply their own approach to a new film, thats also the reason the AVP films not given acknowledgement in later was because of the sore taste it left. It had nothing to do with the film taking place on earth modern times, effects, dialogue, recycled plot points or living up to expectations, it failed to connect with people due to the devoid of likeable characters. But hey like many fans they fast forward the parts to get to the Alien Predator action.

Predators while flawed sure was an attempt to apply substance and thus critics gave a mildly warmer reception, but like before fans are divided. Its always been a trend that the sequels after Predator have fallen under some form of scrutiny. Regardless of any argument over the qualities of the Predator sequels, heck there's a percentage of fan who prefer Predator 2 over the original, Fox's likely to set a major emphasis on connecting to the original Predator.

There is the question, us fans dread, will the day come that Predator might eventually be on that list of great movies to be given a copy short for shot remake like Gus Van Sant's Psycho, rather unlikely. Or the complete reboot no continuity re-imagening, duplication re-invisioning Michael Bay Platinum Dunes style. Who knows, but for now sequel will suffice.

future_Tarzan³

I wanna prequel to the original movie that shows everything that predator killed before earth.

PRJ_since1990

Many interesting ideas floating around.

Personally, I would want a sequel that respects both the original and its sequel. If Predators is forgotten, I am happy.

I would prefer Predator:(Subtitle) like Alien:Covenant has. It makes it sound like it's a part of a larger universe and here's one part of it. Enjoy.

Finally, not a good name choice for younger viewers who want to see the movie when they ask their parents "Can I go see the predator?" Oops.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Feb 18, 2016, 12:09:25 AM
Many interesting ideas floating around.

Personally, I would want a sequel that respects both the original and its sequel. If Predators is forgotten, I am happy.

I would prefer Predator:(Subtitle) like Alien:Covenant has. It makes it sound like it's a part of a larger universe and here's one part of it. Enjoy.

Finally, not a good name choice for younger viewers who want to see the movie when they ask their parents "Can I go see the predator?" Oops.

Hopefully this won't be sold to kids, keep it R rated or we're bailing out.

overthere

They will probably add a subtitle to the movie, it's still early to be final.

Predators don't need to be addressed because it's unlikely anyone knows what happened to those people. Random soldiers and gang members disappearing is not something that draws too much attention or something rare.
Predators could have a sequel on their own without interfering with The Predator thing going on on Earth.

Can't wait for a teaser to come out. Any new piece of information really. I can't believe we're getting a new Predator movie.

RakaiThwei

That made me smile with so much... so much glee.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 18, 2016, 12:32:52 AM

That made me smile with so much... so much glee.

/\ Boarder line sociopath right here, that's an obscene thing to take pleasure in something trivial as to what is and isn't taken to account in a film.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 18, 2016, 01:07:38 AM
/\ Boarder line sociopath right here, that's an obscene thing to take pleasure in something trivial as to what is and isn't taken to account in a film.

Are you an officially licensed psychologist or psychiatrist to be making that assumption?

Keith

Anyone know the release date? Other than some time during Shane Black's lifetime?

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Keith on Feb 18, 2016, 02:04:22 AM
Anyone know the release date? Other than some time during Shane Black's lifetime?

We can only assume mid Summer of 2017 or sometime around 2018. No definitive date as of yet.

XENOMORPHOSIS

XENOMORPHOSIS

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Feb 18, 2016, 01:56:44 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Feb 18, 2016, 01:07:38 AM

Are you an officially licensed psychologist or psychiatrist to be making that assumption?

It was never an intent to come across as an insult, for I'm sorry you saw it as such, however one needs not to be a psychologist to see that a forum post expressing "Ill be Happy this movie is ignored" brings you to a smile, that's genuinely absurd.

Sure the Predator films has had their ups and down, some like more than other and some rated higher or less then our how we believe they are But they're just movies. Its all in fun but no need to get so intently personal over it. That's an unhealthy level of fan booing.

2017 would be ideal so the film release would coincide with the original Predator's 30th anniversary, however it could still be out by 2018 as RakaiThwei suggested, that way after it's theatrical run it'll be on DVD/Blu ray in time to sell a 30th anniversary quadrillogy box set, Sexology if its a boxset that includes both Alien Vs Predator films.

Seems to be a missed opportunity that Neill Blomkamp's film is putt off, who knows it'll ever get picked up, depends if Neill and Sigourney have lost interest. Had it been made in 2015 it could have  out this year in summer for ALIENS'S 30th anniversary. Seem that Alien Covenant will be out for the year ALIEN RESURRECTION'S 20TH anniversary. And AVPR's 10 Anniversary, less than fondly remembered movies, but hey some fans like them.

Wonder which of the the possibilities is the most appealing, a Predator film set in modern times during on on going conflict, a setting in the past or perhaps another planning hunting other off planing sentient beings as prey. The possibilities are endless.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed