Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 77,344 times)

Nostromo

426Buddy

Defiance cover is meh but the aliens life and death cover is sweet, avp covers are decent

Perfect-Organism

I find that the Defiance covers consistently underperform in relation to the inside art.  It is usually the other way around.

Nostromo

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Sep 15, 2016, 12:16:54 AM
I find that the Defiance covers consistently underperform in relation to the inside art.  It is usually the other way around.

Same here. Some of the worst covers I've ever seen.

426Buddy

Swanland should be doing the covers for this series.

He should also do a cover for the life and death fancypantz edition, if they do one.

Corporal Hicks

It's an interesting cover though - Aliens in the jungle!

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Continuing to love the Defiance covers. Liking the synopsis too.

Also, some of those AVP covers are sweet. I wonder if one will be another 30th anniversary deal?

Ultramorph

Nostromo

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 12, 2016, 10:23:28 PM
January solicitations are here!
http://www.cbr.com/dark-horse-comics-january-2017-solicitations/

Ah nice thx again.

As great as Defiance is I'm really not liking most of their covers. That is one shitty looking Alien. Looks like the Alien from the Life & Death series or some other poorly drawn alien comic with the wide open jaw. It sucks 2/10. Thank God the inside is 10/10.

As for the L&D cover...it's as good as it's story. I think it's time to tell the guy at the shop to stop keeping me this series and just get me the TPB. It doesn't deserve to be bought twice in both formats like Defiance and Dead Orbit soon.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

HuDaFuK

I'm really liking the Defiance covers :laugh:

Not as good as the interior art but I still think they're decent.

Liking the sound of the synopsis too.

Ultramorph

That Defiance cover is really cool. I like where the story is going, too.
Spoiler
We've never really seen the good guys capture a xeno and use it, barring Female War.
[close]

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 13, 2016, 10:41:59 AM
I like where the story is going, too.
Spoiler
We've never really seen the good guys capture a xeno and use it, barring Female War.
[close]

I'm digging the moral complications of them
Spoiler
using the Alien as a weapon though. It's the thing they're actively fighting against and they end up doing it themselves!
[close]

Ultramorph

Defiance #9 and AVP:L&D #2 are up for pre-order on TFAW.

xenophile

I wish Tristian Jones was doing the art for all Aliens Defiance comics or all aliens comics for that matter :( the aliens life and death series art was soo deplorable at least in #1

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed