Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 12, 2016, 08:05:41 PM

Author
Comics Update - Aliens: Defiance, Prometheus/Predator: Life and Death (Read 78,197 times)

SM

I just had a look at the script I read for the AvP run and there's a note that the Predator leader should maybe look like the older Predator from Predator 2.  I suggested that he BE the older Predator from Predator 2 and Kalakta from The Rage War.  Forgot to actually check the artwork to see if there was any similarity.

Ultramorph

^Having him be Kalatka would be too damn cool! Let us know if you do see any similarities.

I like to imagine that Ahab himself is still alive during the Rage War and somewhere he was battling the Rage with his Engineer rifle.

Nostromo

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Aug 09, 2017, 04:41:06 PM
That was my problem with Fire and Stone. I bought thm all separately and didn't have a clue which order to read them in. I had to flip back and forth trying to find the right one. It was my first crossover series so I'm a noon really.

Is Life and Death better than Fire and Stone. F&S had a great idea with Elden that was destroyed by the art for him. The story was underwhelming for the most part as well.

Life & Death is near crud level, definitely not better than Fire & Stone. Prometheus & Alien series was pretty good in Fire & Stone the rest was a level below or above crud level. And you can take that to the bank, cuz Stone Cold said so.

Ultramorph

DH February 2018 solicitations are here, and though there isn't anything new, Fire and Stone is getting an affordable paperback release in April.

https://www.cbr.com/dark-horse-comics-february-2018-solicitations/

Corporal Hicks

Still no news on a hardback for Life and Death though.  :'(

Ultramorph

Also nothing about that new comic we heard rumblings about a few months ago. Still possible something gets announced next month, though. Life and Death was announced in December.

Russ840

I think it's more likely to get announced in the April Solicits to coincide release with Alien day. I think that's when we'll will also get the announcement for the AVP Original comics series fancy pants.

Nightmare Asylum

What were the rumblings?  Anything specific, or just talk that another comic may be coming?

I've only really just gotten into the Aliens comics, been reading a ton of older runs lately. Most are anywhere from meh to bad, but there are a few little gems scattered throughout and I enjoy reading just to see different takes on this world. Adoring Dead Orbit so far.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Nightmare Asylum on Nov 21, 2017, 03:03:51 AM
What were the rumblings?  Anything specific, or just talk that another comic may be coming?

Just that there's been rumblings of a new series. Nothing more specific than that has been mentioned in public yet. I've an idea of what's coming and if it does make it through, it's something I'm pretty excited about.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2017, 08:51:45 AM

Just that there's been rumblings of a new series. Nothing more specific than that has been mentioned in public yet. I've an idea of what's coming and if it does make it through, it's something I'm pretty excited about.

You evil tease.

happypred

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 22, 2017, 08:51:45 AM

Is is Predator, Aliens, or AvP?

SM

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I ended up buying Defiance as 2 TPBs.  I'm at a loss for words at how this went sideways.  Typical Dark Horse.  They tend to start strong and just let it go...

Any word on a hard cover Life and Death?  I held out on reading any of this until it comes out...

Russ840

Xenomrph

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 23, 2017, 04:37:38 PM
I ended up buying Defiance as 2 TPBs.  I'm at a loss for words at how this went sideways.  Typical Dark Horse.  They tend to start strong and just let it go...

Any word on a hard cover Life and Death?  I held out on reading any of this until it comes out...
Came here to ask the same thing. I bought Fire and Stone as a hardcover since it collected everything in one place (and included the Omega end-cap story). Is there a similar end-cap story for Life and Death? I'd feel like an idiot if I got the individual trades for Life and Death only to find out there was a "complete edition" hardcover that had even more stuff.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed