Prometheus - Life & Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

Author
Prometheus - Life & Death (Read 32,197 times)

Nostromo

Nostromo

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 05, 2016, 09:08:52 PM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 05, 2016, 01:24:20 PM
Hoping this will be a balanced out the complaints of the Engineer Predator battle shown Predator fire and stone issue 4 where the Engineer had over powered the Predator.

Looking at the preview.. this does look like this might be fixed. And seeing Ahab actually giving an Engineer in a chairsuit a hard time... Well.. maybe this will knock the Engineers down several pegs. Kind of got me nodding in approval there.
Wait until you see the panel with the Engineer tossing the Predator 50 feet away like a toy, lol.

hawkangel

hawkangel

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 03, 2016, 04:51:35 PM
Dark Horse has a preview of issue #4! Beware of spoilers!

http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/Previews/29-815?page=0

Spoiler
I like that we're seeing Ahab fight an Engineer in a chair suit. This issue looks like it will be a fun battle.
[close]

What I took away from this preview :

Spoiler

Engineer : "You're just some puny creation by somebody or something that doesn't deserve to fight a god like me. I'm going to crush you"

Ahab : "Oh yeah? I don't care what you think I am and I certainly don't care what you are. Let's have it out so you can find out how puny I am."

(BTW, no, I'm not suggestion the Engineers created the Predators)

[close]

SpreadEagleBeagle

Yeah, so far PROM:L&D has been pretty underwhelming, not that P:L&D was that exciting either. It's going to be interesting to see where A:L&D is going to head as A:F&S was my favorite out of the F&S series.

Kurai

Kurai

To give the Fire and Stone Engineer the benefit of the doubt, he had been systematically cleaning up the Black Goo monsters and the Aliens which had to have been a hell of a workout.  :P

This one has pretty much just woken up and he seems a bit puny for an Engineer. Might even have a respiratory problem, wearing the helmet and all.  ;)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Hulking Reviewer has a positive review of #4. Beware of some small spoilers.
http://hulkingreviewer.com/home/reviews/prometheus-life-and-death-4/
Come on, Wednesday!

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Just finished reading #4. Pretty meh. Without the other issues to tie into it, it really doesn't stand on its own very well as just a 4 issue story. And yes I know it's a 17 part arc but I still think each title should at least stand on its own a little for those not too interested in collecting a 17 part story over 4 different titles. Just my opinion. Aliens L&D is next.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Just read #4, and while it wasn't the ending I was hoping for, it was a pretty solid issue.
Spoiler
I liked the debate about whether or not to bring Jhalil, it was a good contrast between Galgo and the Marines. It's cool to see how far Foster and the others have come from Omega, when they were squatting in that cave starving to death. I like our Marines, too, and I hope Melville continues to get time to shine. Hopefully Ahab gets some more screen time and growth once his fellow Yautja show up.

I liked the art well enough. Mutti does backgrounds really well, and the fight between Ahab and the Engineer was pretty great, but too short. His xenos were really not good in this issue, though. They get like an afterthought.

All in all, now that we're halfway through Life and Death, I can say that as a story it's working better than Fire and Stone, but tht story hasn't taken as many risks. Hopefully Abnett has some twists in store for us.
[close]

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 16, 2016, 04:47:11 PM
Just read #4, and while it wasn't the ending I was hoping for, it was a pretty solid issue.
Spoiler
I liked the debate about whether or not to bring Jhalil, it was a good contrast between Galgo and the Marines. It's cool to see how far Foster and the others have come from Omega, when they were squatting in that cave starving to death. I like our Marines, too, and I hope Melville continues to get time to shine. Hopefully Ahab gets some more screen time and growth once his fellow Yautja show up.

I liked the art well enough. Mutti does backgrounds really well, and the fight between Ahab and the Engineer was pretty great, but too short. His xenos were really not good in this issue, though. They get like an afterthought.

All in all, now that we're halfway through Life and Death, I can say that as a story it's working better than Fire and Stone, but tht story hasn't taken as many risks. Hopefully Abnett has some twists in store for us.
[close]

Spoiler
How does the fight go between Ahab and the Engineer? Is the Engineer still an overpowering force?
[close]

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: The Alien Predator on Sep 16, 2016, 08:02:24 PM
Spoiler
How does the fight go between Ahab and the Engineer? Is the Engineer still an overpowering force?
[close]

Spoiler
It was an okay fight. Ahab got a few good hits in for sure but ultimately in the end, I think the Engineer would have killed him if something else didn't intervene. Don't want to spoil anymore.
[close]

Sabres21768

Sabres21768

This series has been a yawner.

Nostromo

Nostromo

Just finished reading issue #4 of Prometheus. Not bad at all, possibly the best one of the series, but again these comics feel so short.

Who is Mike, Mark & Randy in the final page by the way, some inside joke by Dark Horse or a hint of a new series? Mike Richardson?

Forgot to also mention LV-797. Was this discussed already in the Predator Life & Death thread?

Is LV-797 located in the same system as LV-223/426?

I forget about it until now while I was reading the new #4 issue of Prometheus Life & Death.

Found this small description on a website:

LV-797, aka Tartarus, is a WY territory schedule to be terraformed. But it looks a rival company by the name of Seegson (yes!) is prospecting illegally on their grounds. Awesome! For those wondering why I'm geeking out right now, Seegson was the guilty party behind the shenanigans in the brilliant Alien: Isolation. Now we have a nice tie-in between the game and comics universe.

SM

SM

Mike Richardson
Randy Stradley
Mark Nelson

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Quote from: Nostromo on Sep 17, 2016, 02:16:37 AM
Forgot to also mention LV-797. Was this discussed already in the Predator Life & Death thread?

Is LV-797 located in the same system as LV-223/426?

I forget about it until now while I was reading the new #4 issue of Prometheus Life & Death.

Found this small description on a website:

LV-797, aka Tartarus, is a WY territory schedule to be terraformed. But it looks a rival company by the name of Seegson (yes!) is prospecting illegally on their grounds. Awesome! For those wondering why I'm geeking out right now, Seegson was the guilty party behind the shenanigans in the brilliant Alien: Isolation. Now we have a nice tie-in between the game and comics universe.

Not sure about the thread itself but yea it was maybe issue 1 or 2 of Predator L&D you found out about Seegson & being there illegally and such. I didn't get far enough in Isolation to learn much about them so my knowledge of Seegson is next to nothing.

As for the names, I could be wrong but I think they're people who worked on some of the older comic titles. I know the name Mark Nelson sticks out to me but I don't remember from what titles.

So my question for those who know more about Seegson, who's the more evil company in the end? Seegson, WY, Cyberdyne Systems or OCP from RoboCop? I don't care about evil corporations enough to look much into it :P

Nostromo

Nostromo

Cyberdyne for sure! 

SM

SM

QuoteAs for the names, I could be wrong but I think they're people who worked on some of the older comic titles. I know the name Mark Nelson sticks out to me but I don't remember from what titles.

Book One.
Stradley wrote the original AvP amongst other things.
Richardson created Dark Horse and wrote Newts Tale and Genocide amongst others.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed