Prometheus - Life & Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

Author
Prometheus - Life & Death (Read 32,185 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Rather than let the Predator thread get cluttered up like we did the Fire and Stone threads, I've created a separate topic for the Prometheus series.

http://bigcomicpage.com/2016/02/09/bcp-interview-dan-abnett-talks-predator-life-and-death/

Here's our first look at the cover art for #1.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

I do love Palumbo's cover art. Another great piece.

Interesting that Mr. Engineer isn't immediately ripping everyone's head off for no apparent reason...

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Feb 10, 2016, 11:19:44 AM
I do love Palumbo's cover art. Another great piece.

Interesting that Mr. Engineer isn't immediately ripping everyone's head off for no apparent reason...

That cover has me so excited. I wanna see how this pans out in the story.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

It would be kind of fun if they discovered that the Predators were also somehow derived or made by the Engineers, like an experimental race that ended up hyper-aggressive and unbalanced.

I honestly don't even think the writers have that amount of freedom with this new universe, though. I'm sure Fox is reigning them in hard just in case they find an opportunity to further milk the hell out of every possible story angle. :laugh:

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: RagingDragon on Feb 10, 2016, 04:29:26 PM
It would be kind of fun if they discovered that the Predators were also somehow derived or made by the Engineers, like an experimental race that ended up hyper-aggressive and unbalanced.

I've said it before somewhere but whilst I do like the further empowerment that going this direction would give the Predators hunting their own creators, I don't want to see every sentient being in the universe become some sort of Engineer creation. Let's have some unique ones.

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Looks baller! I'll definitely give it a read when its released. Although if they would take the Predators out and just focus on the Engineers it would be that much better. I really don't see ANY need for the Predators to be involved with the Engineers.

RagingDragon

RagingDragon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2016, 04:32:51 PM
I've said it before somewhere but whilst I do like the further empowerment that going this direction would give the Predators hunting their own creators, I don't want to see every sentient being in the universe become some sort of Engineer creation. Let's have some unique ones.

A good point and I agree. After all, the engineers 'creating us' by melting themselves on an Earth-like planet (or early Earth) is, biologically speaking, kind of a moot point anyway. All they really did was 'seed' the planet with self-replicating cells, but logically these cells would have to start the entire evolutionary cycle all over again. It's not like they deconstructed themselves to jump-start little humans.

I mean one of the major things evolutionary biology has yet to nail down is the jump from organic molecules to self-replicating cells, and there are several good theories out there, so the Engineer doing that felt almost pointless, like they could've just dumped a dead body down there, and the bacteria would've been enough to begin colonizing the planet with life.

There are ideas in the scientific community about doing this already - seeding a planet with future life by sending a tiny portion of cells that would, in theory, evolve. NASA and other space programs actually take great care to make sure things going to space are sterile so that we don't spread our circus of microbes all over the solar system inadvertently.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 10, 2016, 04:32:51 PM

I agree.

I used to think that Predators should be their own thing, that evolved through convergent evolution and happen to look similar to us.

But, even if they are created by the Engineers, it makes them extra badass for "hunting their Gods" rather than worshipping them like other races.

I think that answer is best left up to interpretations. Some people can go and say Engineers made us because of how similar they are right down to having five fingers on their hands literally, while others can go and think of them as their own thing.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Awesome, we finally have confirmation that Abnett is writing the whole event!

That cover is suitably great. Now we know what the something is that wakes up in the leaked pages from a few weeks back.  ;D I agree, the cover has me wondering if this meeting will be more peaceful than previous encounters with the Engineers. Maybe they're revisiting the idea from the original drafts of FaS where the crew was supposed to be meeting the Engineers as Weyland's press crew?

Now if they just do something cool with the living mountain, this will be an awesome sequel.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I wouldn't want this. I think that Predators should be their own evolutionary race that has nothing to do with the Engineers.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Just a thought about the seemingly peaceful Engineer on the cover...
Spoiler
Randy has said that this "intersects" with FaS in ways that are important to the characters from that crossover. For all we know, LaD might happen before, and explain what the Engineer is doing on the planet. The Engineer did have two humans on it's operating table in Prometheus #4 which were never really explained...

Probably not, though. This most likely happens after FaS.
[close]

426Buddy

426Buddy

Love the cover, I need to pick up the FaS series soon.

Randomizer

Randomizer

I like how Dark Horse ties the newer, canon comics together.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Does anyone know if this book can be enjoyed independently of the Predator title? I prefer my Alien/Prometheus universe to be Predator-free.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

We wont really know until it comes out. But if it's following the same path as Fire and Stone there will be a lot of overlap.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed