Prometheus - Life & Death

Started by Corporal Hicks, Feb 10, 2016, 08:28:01 AM

Author
Prometheus - Life & Death (Read 32,568 times)

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

If it's the same as F&S, then I guess I should be good. I was able to enjoy the Prometheus and Aliens books, and ignore the Predator and AvP completely, without feeling like I was missing something.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

To be fair, with F&S Aliens was largely standalone and Prometheus was the first part so it kicked off the story. We don't really know specifically how L&D will be structured.

426Buddy

426Buddy

Can't wait, I ordered Prometheus: The complete FaS, should be here tomorrow. It will be perfect to get me primed for LaD. ;)

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 15, 2016, 03:29:29 PMTo be fair, with F&S though Aliens was largely standalone and Prometheus was the first part so it kicked off the story. We don;t really know specifically how L&D will be structured.

If they're coming out further apart, as seems to be the case given that Prometheus has only just been mentioned and the others haven't even been officially announced yet, I'd hazard a guess that they'll be less intricately entwined than Fire and Stone.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Yeah, they're keeping a tighter lid this time around, though based on that two-page "leak" of Prometheus #1 lettering, I think some characters (like Roth) will cross over between series. The Marines of the Prometheus #1 cover are probably survivors of Predator: LaD, but we can't really know. Don't forget it's also going to somehow "intersect" with Fire and Stone, though Randy hasn't elaborated beyond that.
Spoiler
[close]

I'm already looking forward to the hardcover collection that comes of this, even though I'm getting all the issues as they come out.  :D

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

The trade paperback of Prometheus: Life and Death is now available for pre-order on Amazon, with a release date of January 24, 2017. The most interesting thing is the summary, which is slightly new. Beware of spoilers of you want to go in blind:
Spoiler
QuoteColonial Marines have taken possession of an "abandoned" alien spacecraft-only to discover its owner is still onboard! Instead of heading to Earth as expected, the humans end up on LV-223 (the planet where the events in the film Prometheus took place). There they must contend with hostile alien life forms, as well as the mysterious "Engineers" who are determined to wipe out not just them, but possibly all of humanity!

This is the second chapter in the Life and Death story cycle-the follow-up to 2015's epic Fire and Stone crossover event. Before this tale is complete, the story lines of Predator, Prometheus, Aliens, and Aliens vs. Predator will all converge!
[close]

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

I really really hope they don't go the route of the Engineers creating the Preds, that would honestly really annoy me greatly.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I assume we're also getting a crazy huge "complete" hardcover for L&D, too?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: XenoZipper on May 05, 2016, 02:39:24 PM
I really really hope they don't go the route of the Engineers creating the Preds, that would honestly really annoy me greatly.

I don't think they will. Whilst we don't know the level of interaction between Dark Horse and Ridders, I think that's probably one of the things Scott wouldn't be keen on.

On a personal level, I'm in two minds. I dislike the idea of all life in the universe being a creation of the Engineers but I also love the notion of the Predators hunting down their literal Gods.

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 05, 2016, 02:43:08 PM
I assume we're also getting a crazy huge "complete" hardcover for L&D, too?

I hope so.

XenoZipper

XenoZipper

Yea I do see your point there Hicks, the idea of Predators hunting their creators IS pretty damn good. I just think my brain is far too against the idea of the Engineers creating everything to even accept that idea beyond just a concept idea. I'm honestly not too keen on the Aliens being created but it's easier to accept than Preds.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'm also looking forward to the inevitable Complete Life and Death hardcover with 80 pages of behind-the-scenes material like they did with Fire and Stone;D

It's interesting that that summary
Spoiler
makes no mention of the survivors on LV-223. Maybe they show up later?
[close]

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I'm digging the ad on the back of Predator: Life and Death #3. "Engineering terror."  ;D I can't wait for this series. Hopefully we get a preview in the next few weeks.

The Alien Predator

YES! It's gonna involve Predators again?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 10, 2016, 03:32:08 PM

Maybe not this particular series, but there's an AvP: Life and Death coming eventually. I think
Spoiler
the Preds from Tartarus follow our heroes to LV-223 after they escape.

I have my fingers crossed that Ahab makes a return!
[close]

StrangeShape

StrangeShape

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 10, 2016, 03:37:49 PM
Quote from: The Alien Predator on May 10, 2016, 03:32:08 PM

Maybe not this particular series, but there's an AvP: Life and Death coming eventually. I think
Spoiler
the Preds from Tartarus follow our heroes to LV-223 after they escape.

I have my fingers crossed that Ahab makes a return!
[close]

Well I hope youre right, I wanna see the Lv223 past F&S and what happened to the survivors

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed