Was Lex from AVP or Kelly from AVPR the stronger female protagonist?

Started by LastSurvivor92, Feb 08, 2016, 01:44:21 PM

Was Lex from AVP or Kelly from AVPR the stronger female protagonist?

Lex: AVP
17 (73.9%)
Kelly: AVPR
6 (26.1%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author
Was Lex from AVP or Kelly from AVPR the stronger female protagonist? (Read 8,146 times)

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

For me I enjoyed watching Lex from AVP on screen more. She felt more authentic as a character and she was probably one of the very few characters from both films that I gave a substantial shit about :laugh:

OpenMaw

Lex is the stronger character.

Kelly barely registers as a character at all.

Though neither one of them really has any kind of character development. Lex basically treads water, and Kelly is nothing but a mish mash of fan wank and very trite cliches.

Randomizer

Who the f**k is Kelly anyway?

LastSurvivor92

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2016, 02:36:30 PM
Lex is the stronger character.

Though neither one of them really has any kind of character development. Lex basically treads water, and Kelly is nothing but a mish mash of fan wank and very trite cliches.

Thats exactly what I was thinking. I think the actress who plays Kelly could play maybe a good Amanda Ripley or something but the role she had in AVPR shat all over the mythos and characterization of the Alien films. She does a pretty damn good impersonation of someone who wishes to be Ripley though. The way she yells and speaks. Her elegant jaw line and appearance has Ripley written all over it.

Bring her back as maybe Amanda Ripley and that would redeem her a bit.....maybe :P

The Shuriken

I really only cared about the creatures in the AVP movies. People were just fodder.

LastSurvivor92

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 08, 2016, 05:03:05 PM
I really only cared about the creatures in the AVP movies. People were just fodder.

Exactly. AVP outclasses AVPR in nearly everyway.

best review of this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmBVIijRGKc

whiterabbit

Lex Luther was in AVP? and what the hell is a Kelly?

Yea that sums it up. Where is the "neither" option?

Valaquen

Came here to see who Kelly was.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Feb 08, 2016, 02:36:30 PMLex is the stronger character.

Nailed it.

Quote from: Valaquen on Feb 09, 2016, 02:01:50 AMCame here to see who Kelly was.

:laugh:

predxeno

As much a fan I am of AVPR, I have to say Lex was the stronger character because she was given more time to develop as a character while Kelly always seemed to blend into the background.

Topazora

Kelly was a marine?  I only remember her wearing a uniform, and that her hubby got a face full of inner mouth, that's it, didn't even know she had a name.  I also clicked on this forum to see who Kelly was.  I don't know who was the stronger character, but Lex was more memorable, probably b/c she was the main protagonist.  I think the only thing that would make Lex a stronger character was that she taken out of her element: she a cliff climber, not a combatant.  But I don't remember a lot of Kelly except her running around with her daughter.

RakaiThwei

Hands down, Alex Woods.

Randomizer

Quote from: predxeno on Feb 10, 2016, 05:27:09 PM
As much a fan I am of AVPR, I have to say Lex was the stronger character because she was given more time to develop as a character while Kelly always seemed to blend into the background.

What if....that was her actual purpose?

Considering the uniform, I'd say yes.

426Buddy

I actually like Lex in AvP, like others I didn't even know who Kelly was.

predxeno

So it looks like I'm the only one who knew who Kelly was going into this thread. :-\

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed