Can Predators fire their plasma casters without their masks?

Started by The Shuriken, Feb 05, 2016, 11:39:31 PM

Author
Can Predators fire their plasma casters without their masks? (Read 628 times)

The Shuriken

In addition to providing targeting and many different views of the light spectrum, do you think the bio masks provide any type of protection from the plasma?

Randomizer

QuoteCan Predators fire their plasma casters without their masks?

Yes, why, of course they can !

I like to believe they can fire their plasma casters with both the mask and the wrist computer, the latter acting as a fail-safe. When they lose their masks, they simply switch to the wrist computer. Similar to how it worked in AVP2.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 05, 2016, 11:39:31 PM
In addition to providing targeting and many different views of the light spectrum, do you think the bio masks provide any type of protection from the plasma?

No. If any, it would be negligible.

The Alien Predator

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Randomizer on Feb 06, 2016, 08:12:37 AM
QuoteCan Predators fire their plasma casters without their masks?

Yes, why, of course they can !

I like to believe they can fire their plasma casters with both the mask and the wrist computer, the latter acting as a fail-safe. When they lose their masks, they simply switch to the wrist computer. Similar to how it worked in AVP2.

Quote from: The Shuriken on Feb 05, 2016, 11:39:31 PM

No. If any, it would be negligible.

Yeah, sometimes I think that Predator tech comes in different "qualities".

See, a "cheaper" plasma caster (something a Youngblood would have earned) may need a mask or wrist computer.

But then look at the Elder in Predator 2, he had no mask, so his caster worked with a mind of its own. It had its own targeting laser and it functioned on its own but we never saw the Elder even touch his computer. Which makes me think, what if the more "better" tech reacts to thought? As in, it reads the Predator's brainwaves and understands the exact function that its wearer wants it to do.

That's how I imagine the more advanced masks working as well. *Thinks Infrared* *Mask changes to infrared.* But a cheaper mask would require you to tap buttons either on the wrist computer or maybe inside the mask with your mandibles.

Some of their cloaking devices could work this way too. Some react to thought while others need to be turned on manually. So we have a really low quality cheap cloak in AvP 2010 seeing as it needs to be turned on via wrist computer and it turns off every freakin' time we attack someone.  :P

Kaltes

It probably varies, I can recall them firing their plasmacasters without their bio masks in a few of the comics I've read.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed