Anyone else thinking that AVP: Requiem was made by The Asylum?

Started by mace-in-the-face, Jan 18, 2016, 12:35:33 AM

Author
Anyone else thinking that AVP: Requiem was made by The Asylum? (Read 2,915 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Also someone other than the Brothers Strause should have directed it

proto leech

Id say its a step above what asylum is capable of, but not by much. Avpr is around a syfi original level of directing and acting with an abnormaly high budget for effects that still failed to deliver in even that.

Its still a complete and utter failure of a film and an embarrassment to the movies that came before it, but during the production im sure someone put some work in there somewhere...

Ian white! His charatcer was shit but he tried his hardest and at least LOOKED allright.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: OpenMaw on Jan 23, 2016, 11:20:42 AMIt's really just a rewrite or two away from actually being okay.

The story wasn't actually that bad in a completely generic, tick-the-boxes kind of way. It was everything else that was appalling. So all a rewrite would fix is the terrible dialogue and possibly the vapid characters. It wouldn't suddenly make it a good film.

Corporal Hicks

AvPR was completely inappropriate for the series. Completely misstep.

whiterabbit

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 25, 2016, 06:02:16 PM
AvPR was completely inappropriate for the series. Completely misstep.
How so? Because it took place in a non secluded location, on Earth? That it married the beasts? Was too disgusting? Not getting how it was inappropriate for an AVP movie.

Corporal Hicks

AvP was stretching it setting in Antartica but I appreciated the way Anderson got around setting it on Earth. AvPR just jumped it by taking it the America countryside like that. Just didn't fit for me.

whiterabbit

Yea I get that. That's why I don't consider avp canon to either alien or predator. It's just a separate series altogether, alternate universe thing. Well to be honest the predator just isn't cool enough to be in the alien universe for me.

426Buddy

You know sometimes I'm forgiving and can watch avp and just have fun. But avpr won't let me enjoy it at all because its to dark to see anything that would have been enjoyable.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 25, 2016, 09:09:02 PMAvP was stretching it setting in Antartica but I appreciated the way Anderson got around setting it on Earth. AvPR just jumped it by taking it the America countryside like that.

While I hated that either of them was set on present-day Earth, AVP:R was just egregiously stupid by putting it right in the middle of a populated country. There's literally no way someone wouldn't leak some evidence in that scenario. And yet apparently humanity still doesn't know about the Alien in 2122.

PsyKore

There's a lot of childlike wonderment in AvPR. It powers on, going from "cool scene" to "cool scene" without much care for plausibility or logic.

windebieste

If that movie was any where near as good as Asylum's zombie TV show I'd have no problems with it but the truth is 'AvP:R' is garbage compared to 'Z Nation'.

Gimme 'Z Nation' any day over 'AvP:R'. I am sooo looking forward to 'Z nation' Series 3.

I wish 'AvP-R' was never made but I really loved 'Megashark vs Mechashark'*. ...and some of Asylum's other stupid movies are good value as well. ...at 3am. ...with a bunch of mates. ...and too much beer and pizza. That's how Asylum shows should be watched. If you want to watch them sober, then you're missing the point. Asylum is the new Troma.  Bring it, I say!

'AvP-R' is just idiotic without any redeeming qualities; no matter how much you bribe me with beer and pizza. That movie is total fail.  How can you make a movie with Aliens and Predators in it and comprehensively FAIL? Dunno how they managed it but the strause bros did. 10 points for f**king it up, boys. Full score.

I understand the movie has its fans but so does caprophagia; and I'm not sure there's any difference.

-Windebieste.

*Can't wait for this year's 'Sharknado' movie, either.  Gon b gud.  Stupid... but gud.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed