Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph!

Started by RakaiThwei, Dec 12, 2015, 12:39:00 AM

Author
Ridley Scott confirms Xenomorph! (Read 33,123 times)

D. Compton Ambrose

I don't think the 'big boy' is going to be the villain, probably more Engineers or the Deacon. More than likely it will be a 'cameo' of sorts, which I am perfectly fine with. Save it for the series' final crescendo anyway.

oduodu

oduodu

Hmmm. Charles is also a story analyst. The guys who actually goes and looks for stories. I wonder if he had anything to do with Covenant or Prometheus in terms of finding a story.

stroggificated

Yada Yada Yada

Sir Ridley Scott has ways of turning this into garbage.

NickisSmart

Can't be any worse than what Fincher did with Alien 3.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: NickisSmart on Dec 15, 2015, 01:28:29 AMCan't be any worse than what Fincher did with Alien 3.

Dafuq?

Literally none of the problems with that movie were down to Fincher, who was brought in at the eleventh hour and basically salvaged things as best he could. The direction in that movie is actually superb.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 14, 2015, 03:34:29 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 14, 2015, 03:00:01 PMAgreed, the Alien quadrilogy/anthology documentaries were really great - thorough and in-depth. I also liked what he did with the Alien 3 Assembly Cut, it is my preferred version actually. Not to mention the amazing Blade Runner Final Cut and the Dangerous Days documentary.

The documentaries are superb and the obvious tip of the bonus features iceberg, but just the sheer volume of interesting extras, both old and new, that they include every time they put out a new collection seriously impresses me, and it's always beautifully packaged and presented. There's, what, 60 hours of bonus stuff on the Anthology set? Couple that with the sleek box and menus. It's just an incredibly competent, well-designed set. From what I've read, it seems Lauzirika was the man responsible for all of that. (He also did the Quadrilogy before that. Not sure about the Legacy set.)

I've yet to find another release that I love as much as I do the Quadrilogy or Anthology. I always say that those releases spoiled me when it comes to DVDs and Blu-Rays.

Mikey: Alright...so... I personally don't know a lot about you. I'm sure a lot of the other members on the website don't either. Could you tell us a little bit more about what you do and where you are and if I remember this correctly, from a little bit of the research I've done, did you help Ridley Scott start in the direction of using DVDs for his movies?

Charles: Yeah, I mean that's kind of how I got started on DVDs, was through Ridley. I had been working at his company. I had started as an intern when I was at film school but then I went on to become a script reader. Then I was just assigned a variety of special little projects and things and during that time, DVD was just starting out. This was around '97, '98 and I heard on the grapevine that Fox was working on the first Alien set which turned out to be the Alien Legacy set. And I just happened to mention to Ridley that these DVDs are going to be a really great format... maybe you should take advantage of it, look into it and on top of that, please make this first Alien set as great as it could be. I gave him a full  brief on DVD and its whole potential and before he went to meet with Fox, he basically turned to me and asked is this something you can be in charge of for me and I just pretty much said yes, jumped in and it was a trial by fire. I learned very quickly but I don't know, I just kind of enjoyed it and it was a nice little side job that turned into a 14 year side job.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/charles-de-lauzirika/

Elmazalman

The only complaint i have concerning the 2010 Anthology set is the micro-text used throughout the bonus supplements.Even on a 50 inch tv screen its hard to read.

Perfect-Organism

I'm ok with seeing an alien in the new film.  I just hope they get the origin story right and don't cheese out.  It is very risky when you take the mystery out of something like this.  It's just like with the Engineers.  Some fans prefer them to be elephant nosed characters, while others like me are ok with the human connection.  I expect some fans will be ok with the alien origin, while others will say this movie ruined their childhood.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 15, 2015, 08:40:25 AM
http://www.avpgalaxy.net/website/interviews/charles-de-lauzirika/

Cheers for the linky to the interview Corporal. Somehow I completely missed it when you first posted it.

Quote from: Charles de LauzirikaCharles: Hmm, well, you know, I read AvPGalaxy, you know, occasionally. I still, obviously, during the making of Prometheus, I read it all the time, I mean I was at Pinewood. We had our office that I shared with Stacey Mann, the publicist and Kerry Brown the still photographer. We all shared an office together. I was always checking out AvPGalaxy, IMDB's board, all the various boards and I would always be reporting back to them. Hey they're saying this, they're saying that. This leaked out, these photos got out, and it was just very amusing to me, just to have that instant connection with the forum members, even though I wasn't posting. I'm not on AvPGalaxy, I don't post under an alias or anything like that but I do read it, you know and still to this day, I still read it, and to me, it's just a fascinating perspective to have because you kind of want to reach through the screen sometimes and scream at people. Like no you're entirely wrong about everything you're saying but I appreciate the passion that everyone has. I mean, even if they don't like the film or even if they have problems with certain things, you can still tell they love this universe and still care about it very passionately because they're still arguing about it, you know, I've told people that many times about Prometheus.

Whoah... we better be watching what we say on these boards! It all gets reported back to Riddles & Co.!  :laugh:

But yeah, I remember he was quite active on the Bladezone boards back when he was putting together the Final Cut. He'd always chip-in to correct anyone who was posting bollocks.

Would also love to see what a Prometheus Lauzirika cut would look like. It's actually baffling how some scenes ended-up getting deleted when they were actaully better than those that did make it into the film. And if he's that close to Ridley then I'm sure he'll end-up documenting Alien: Covenant even if Blomkamp's Alien seemed unlikely.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Dec 15, 2015, 03:03:38 PM
Whoah... we better be watching what we say on these boards! It all gets reported back to Riddles & Co.!  :laugh:

The site actually features on the blu-ray.  :P

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

itshouldneverhavebeenabug

Hear, Hear HuDaFuK re Alien 3. Alien 3 had so much going for it, unfortunately not the Alien design, who thought it would be a smart move to have a cheetah-like Alien that hunted prey with speed, where's the horror in that? Alien's alien was so horrifying, it seemed that you'd almost hope that it just kills you. A lesson to be learned.

LordCassusSnow

Wheres the horror in a monster hunting you with cheetah-like speed? Really? Ever been chased by a really big angry pit bull runnin for you at full speed? Probably not.  ::) Besides, most images of the xeno are more relateable to the alien from Alien 3 what with the smooth head, double jointed dinosaur-like legs and fish bowl vision presented in most Avp fps's.  Go and get yourself chased by something relentless and wants you dead and then tell me what lesson youve learned. If your still alive that is.

NickisSmart

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Dec 15, 2015, 08:36:56 AM
Quote from: NickisSmart on Dec 15, 2015, 01:28:29 AMCan't be any worse than what Fincher did with Alien 3.

Dafuq?

Literally none of the problems with that movie were down to Fincher, who was brought in at the eleventh hour and basically salvaged things as best he could. The direction in that movie is actually superb.

I know. : )

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: itshouldneverhavebeenabug on Dec 15, 2015, 08:29:54 PM
Hear, Hear HuDaFuK re Alien 3. Alien 3 had so much going for it, unfortunately not the Alien design, who thought it would be a smart move to have a cheetah-like Alien that hunted prey with speed, where's the horror in that? Alien's alien was so horrifying, it seemed that you'd almost hope that it just kills you. A lesson to be learned.

It bothers me that that Alien didn't try to kidnap people instead.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

The Runner design in Alien 3 is actually probably my favourite in the series. I love how predatory it looks. It's too bad they did such a bad job of portraying the puppet in the film.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 16, 2015, 08:27:47 AMIt bothers me that that Alien didn't try to kidnap people instead.

Yeah, the loss of the cocoon scene really hurt the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed