Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 130,694 times)

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on May 17, 2016, 07:34:34 PM
Yeah, I take that to mean it more or less happened, some stuff being different if needed to make it it. Same with the AvP movie.

And that's good enough for me... For now..

I still want my multiverse!

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 17, 2016, 03:57:30 PM
Huh, you learn something new every day.

Dude, didn't I show you that thread where he confirmed what's what you know... weeks ago?

Xenomrph

I thought you'd said Tristan had confirmed the AvP movies, not the comics. If so then I guess I mis-read or mis-remembered your post, my apologies. :)

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 17, 2016, 08:24:02 PM
I thought you'd said Tristan had confirmed the AvP movies, not the comics. If so then I guess I mis-read or mis-remembered your post, my apologies. :)

I was referring to both. Both the AVP movies and the comics.

However I am not expecting the Machiko storyline to be continued. And personally... as much as I would want to, now... I kind of don't. Not unless it continued after Three World War but I don't think it's going to happen.

Xenomrph

Xenomrph

I'm pretty okay with the Machiko storyline being over.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 17, 2016, 08:33:35 PM

[Fists bump] For once we agree..

I mean... aside from AVP2010, Three World War was where AVP ended for me.

Xenomrph

Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 17, 2016, 08:36:13 PM

I wonder if TWW is still "canon" if the original AvP story is canon. Because then by association, that actually ends up drawing back in nearly the entirety of the old EU. :P :P :P

Chronologically, AvP "ends" for me with the SNES game (mostly because it's the last point on the timeline, it's set in like 2600).

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 17, 2016, 08:38:05 PM
I wonder if TWW is still "canon" if the original AvP story is canon. Because then by association, that actually ends up drawing back in nearly the entirety of the old EU. :P :P :P

Maybe, maybe not... at this point? Who cares... I don't think anyone at Fox or Dark Horse would.

Ultramorph

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Xenomrph on May 17, 2016, 08:38:05 PM
Quote from: RakaiThwei on May 17, 2016, 08:36:13 PM

Chronologically, AvP "ends" for me with the SNES game (mostly because it's the last point on the timeline, it's set in like 2600).

The SNES game is set in 2493.  :) I loved it because it was set so far in the timeline. And that's why I was so freakin' excited for Alien: Sea of Sorrows, because it starts in 2496 and concludes in 2497. I couldn't believe it when I saw that, I was always curious about the SNES game so in a way, Sea of Sorrows kind of "explored" that timeline for me.

AvP: Last of His Clan (the Gameboy game) goes further than this, it's set in 2593.

The Rage War books are currently the latest chronologically, starts in March 2692 and currently are on December 2692, may go to 2693.

Am I noticing a trend here lol? 2493 - 2593 - 2693...

Xenomrph

Oh snap, you're right, Last of His Clan is later in the timeline.

I didn't realize the Rage War books were so far in the timeline; I have them on my shelf but haven't gotten to read them yet. I'm still working my way through Out of the Shadows...

The Alien Predator

How are you finding it so far?

Xenomrph

It's pretty neat. I'm only about 60 pages in so far. Ripley's inclusion is really contrived but it's not radically undermining my enjoyment.
I figure I'll post up a full review/reflection in the dedicated thread once I finish it.

The Alien Predator

I really enjoyed the small world building in Out of the Shadows, I gotta say Tim Lebbon is my favourite author for these books.

I wasn't too bothered by Ripley's inclusion, but I agree that it wasn't particularly necessary for the story. It would have been fine without her, but for me, it's also fine with her.

SM

They needed Ripley's shuttle to escape, so she can't be cleanly lifted out.

The Alien Predator

That's true. Although they did miscount the amount of cryopods in her ship. I heard people saying there's an extra one in the films and Alien: Isolation, however the book makes her having just one be quite a big deal.

It didn't bother me though, I never knew the Narcissus even had a spare until someone pointed it out.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed