Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 136,434 times)

Corporal Hicks

It was just called The Alien IIRC.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 03:10:22 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 28, 2016, 02:43:25 PM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 28, 2016, 02:09:51 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 28, 2016, 04:13:35 AM
I'm really torn about the jockeys.  On principle giant elephant men look very silly.

I agree.  ;D

In the comics, there wasn't a single Jockey design that I liked.

That is until Prometheus brought the Engineers.

The Ancient Jockey in Destroying Angles i felt was the best of the lot

In general, I agree but the saggy boobs and the hair always annoyed me. I do love that comic though!

I certainly hope you guys don't talk to your ladies this way... ;-P

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 28, 2016, 04:27:12 PM
I'm really torn about the jockeys.  On principle giant elephant men look very silly.

I agree.  ;D

In general, I agree but the saggy boobs and the hair always annoyed me. I do love that comic though!

LOL!!!  :laugh:

Don't worry, we're very cordial people.  :P

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 28, 2016, 04:46:51 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 28, 2016, 04:27:12 PM

I agree.  ;D

LOL!!!  :laugh:

Don't worry, we're very cordial people.  :P

Well we try our best anyway lmao :laugh:

Ultramorph

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 03:33:35 PM

Yup, that's the one. That comic is such a weird combination of interesting ideas and goofy stuff. It was basically DH's way of throwing away the Space Jockey subplot from the original comics, which is a shame. It would have been cool to have them as the villains for a while. I guess we're getting that now, in a way, so it's all good.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 28, 2016, 05:09:02 PM

Yup, that's the one. That comic is such a weird combination of interesting ideas and goofy stuff. It was basically DH's way of throwing away the Space Jockey subplot from the original comics, which is a shame. It would have been cool to have them as the villains for a while. I guess we're getting that now, in a way, so it's all good.

Yes, it was sad how the whole fascinating concept of the space jockey was dispensed with in the pages of Dark Horse Presents.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 28, 2016, 05:09:02 PM

That disappointed me. It would have been interesting to see more of an early interpretation of the Jockey's. Especially in such a short throwaway.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Via Randy Stradley's Facebook page:
QuoteJust teasing a sliver of a Doug Wheatley variant cover.

I love that they're bringing back classic Aliens comic artists for these cover. Also, not to nitpick, but if you look at what we can see of the background, that Predator seems to be on a Juggernaut.

RakaiThwei

I see some AVP Scar Predator motif in there.. This... humors me. Ironic.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Oh yeah, the chest armor is very AVP-esque. The fact that Wheatley is doing this cover has given me more hope that we'll see some chair suits.  ;D

Dark Horse also just released a bit of info about some upcoming Dark Horse Presents variants.
http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2225/dark-horse-comics-debuts-yearlong-30th-anniversary

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 29, 2016, 01:14:31 AM
Oh yeah, the chest armor is very AVP-esque.

I just noticed the extra teeth on this Predator! You know how EVERYONE complained about the Predators having more teeth in AVP? Well, looks like we got AVP styled Predators! I just.. find it so amusing that everyone pisses on the movie, and this also includes content creators but they still end up using designs and elements. I get a laugh out of that!   :D

Ultramorph

I think they're making a concerted effort to pay homage to all the stuff that has come before, like Kenner and even the AvP movie. It makes sense for the 30th anniversary.

happypred

That comic really instilled a sense of awe and mystery into the Jockey civilisation

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: happypred on Jan 29, 2016, 05:37:27 AM

That comic really instilled a sense of awe and mystery into the Jockey civilisation

I spent ages hunting that comic down as a kid. It was my holy grail comic - aside from the nightmares that Alien induced in me and ensuing fascination that brought, the mystery of the Jockey was probably the second thing I loved most about the Alien series and this comic really helped feed into that mystery.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 09:55:08 PMThat disappointed me. It would have been interesting to see more of an early interpretation of the Jockey's. Especially in such a short throwaway.

What's even more confusing is how the novel Earth Hive includes all the stuff with the Jockey, including the cliffhanger ending above Earth, but by the time they all get back there at the end of the next book he's just vanished without explanation.

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 29, 2016, 01:14:31 AMDark Horse also just released a bit of info about some upcoming Dark Horse Presents variants.
http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2225/dark-horse-comics-debuts-yearlong-30th-anniversary

Neat idea! I like the Life and Death one. Oldschool meets new.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed