Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover)

Started by Ultramorph, Dec 11, 2015, 12:07:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces "Predator: Life and Death" (FaS-style Crossover) (Read 136,618 times)

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 27, 2016, 08:07:15 AM
Quote from: happypred on Jan 27, 2016, 02:18:07 AM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 24, 2016, 05:41:07 PM
It's a small thing, and I accept that "Elephant Jockeys" are gone

It'd be f**king cool if the human Engineers are a copycat race of an even more ancient race of elephant Jockeys

That's what people seem to keep asking for.

Indeed we do lol

Perfect-Organism

I don't know what I want anymore.   ???

Ultramorph

I like the Engineers, especially since "Elephant Jockeys" almost always looked goofy when they did appear. I just want some Alien-esque chair suit homages. It would be pretty neat if the characters in Life and Death spend most of the series thinking the Engineers are elephant-like beings, and it's a reveal to them when one takes off its suit.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 27, 2016, 05:41:58 PM
I like the Engineers, especially since "Elephant Jockeys" almost always looked goofy when they did appear. I just want some Alien-esque chair suit homages. It would be pretty neat if the characters in Life and Death spend most of the series thinking the Engineers are elephant-like beings, and it's a reveal to them when one takes off its suit.

I agree.

Also the Elephant-Jockey kept looking inconsistent, in some comics it looked like this weird humanoid elephant, in another comic it was a tall and skinny weird faced thing and I remember one where it's essentially just a big overweight elephant man on a chair.

I wasn't a huge fan of those concepts and Prometheus really fixed it for me. I grew to really love the Engineers. I just see the elephant Jockey as mutated body modified Engineers, like how we have people who extensively change themselves with plastic surgery and what not, except Engineers' tech would allow for them to go to far greater levels.

And I agree, it'd be a cool nod to have the humans assume it's an elephantoid only to see it's humanoid, very, very humanoid.  ;D

happypred

The Engineer is at most...what...8 to 9 ft tall. Ian Whyte plays the Engineer and he is 7'1

Thr Jockey is 13 to 14 ft tall and with much less human proportions. Give me my gangly, inhuman, truly gigantic elephant Jockeys.

Perfect-Organism

I'm really torn about the jockeys.  On principle giant elephant men look very silly.

happypred

HuDaFuK

As great as that piece of artwork is, I still think the creature looks kinda goofy.

That's from the Aliens/Predator Universe trading cards, isn't it?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2016, 08:36:56 AM

I do believe so. There was some great artwork in that set.

happypred

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2016, 08:36:56 AM
As great as that piece of artwork is, I still think the creature looks kinda goofy.

Blasphemy

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 28, 2016, 04:13:35 AM
I'm really torn about the jockeys.  On principle giant elephant men look very silly.

I agree.  ;D

In the comics, there wasn't a single Jockey design that I liked.

That is until Prometheus brought the Engineers.

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jan 28, 2016, 02:09:51 PM

I agree.  ;D

The Ancient Jockey in Destroying Angles i felt was the best of the lot

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: happypred on Jan 28, 2016, 07:24:18 AM
Take that back

http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lpju13TJ4s1qa1o5zo1_500.jpg

Already this looks like it has no relation to the original film.  The jockey looked like it was grown out of a chair remember?  This dude has legs which brings us into human territory...

Also, just about everyone looks cool in a spacesuit.  Remove the helmet and I think the magic would be lost...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 28, 2016, 02:43:25 PM

I agree.  ;D

In general, I agree but the saggy boobs and the hair always annoyed me. I do love that comic though!

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 28, 2016, 03:10:22 PM
Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jan 28, 2016, 02:43:25 PM

I agree.  ;D

In general, I agree but the saggy boobs and the hair always annoyed me. I do love that comic though!

My thoughts exactly.  ;D

I did like the idea behind the one who tried to terraform Earth. Do you remember what it was called? A Jockey ship was above Earth, cooling down the climate. Then the President and a few people board the ship and it turns out they are synthetics and one of them had a nuke inside of them that they set off to assassinate the Jockey.

While the Jockey looked kinda weird, he did display the exact same strength as the Engineer, casually ripping apart Synthetics. In fact, he started off sorta peaceful and then BAM the ripping begins, just like in Prometheus. XD

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed