Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 30, 2015, 09:43:54 AM

Author
Fred Dekker Says Predator 4 Script Complete (Read 46,914 times)

stonecold

stonecold

Bust a gut and get Arnie to do the film,hes the best

Wow that looks like its gonna be reall good!

XENOMORPHOSIS

Yeah its doubt full, but not out of the question, if this new Predator is green lit and goes into production asap then goes through a lengthy post-production the film could be out for a summer 2017 release while Alien: Covenant comes out later in November assuming of course they don't change the release date of that film again.

I'm sure Fox would rather keep their current Alien and Predator brands in separate release dates, partly so they don't collide having top compete against each other, and also probably not wanting to remind people of the previous cross over attempts and stir up conspiracy of a new AVP film with continuing cinematic universe Alien, Predator tie in film, we the fans are aware that isn't the case however a percent of the general public who don't follow movie news up date could presume other wise.

Fox is prepping their War Of The Planet Of The Apes for a summer 2017 release, seeing as those films have been successful that's a safe bet for them, though they've suffered a blow from the Fantastic Four reboot that flopped to the effect where they've removed the sequel from the intended release date, perhaps even cancel it all together starting from scratch.

What is such a missed opportunity is Neill Blomkamps film, put aside the feelings of it being a glorified fanfic wet dream, the timing was so wrong place wrong time, Ridley Scott was busy on other Projects, Neill has the positive response of the fans convince Fox to green light his movie, Scott immediately insists he's still in charge of the franchises course even though he's taken his f**king sweet time on other movies while we endlessly wait, seriously Alien Covenant will be out 5 years after Prometheus  >:(

Neill has his project shelved and is either going to wait to Scott is either completing his prequel series, or getting involved with other projects never returning to his Alien film. had the timing of been different and had Scott not been so quick to push his movie first, Neill could have put aside Chappie, come back to it later, present his Alien film in 2014, film this year 2015, completed for a release in 2016 coinciding with the 30th Anniversary of James Cameron's Aliens. A sequel that follows in the vein of Aliens brought to a release date that matches with its 30 year celebration.

Though a percent of the films are either lenient or straight up hate what Blomkamp wants to do with his movie. I'm just saying its a missed opportunity they're not taking advantage of this. Alien Covenant will be out and Alien Resurrection would've had its 20th Anniversary. That's not really something to celebrate, the least respected sequel in this series will be 20 years old and it been dead in the water ever since only able to escape with through AVP, Prometheus, all installments that have been made after are set in the past and never move on forward, Alien 5 could hold potential but really it comes across as a too little too late sequel to a film that wasn't well received albeit a few fans enjoy it. Alien 5 seems impossible by now.Blomkamp's film may either never see the light or day or it won't, who knows.

Hector

Hector

I love all Predator movies I welcome many more.

Johnny Smackers

Johnny Smackers

...if you guys don't know by NOW that the Aliens/Predator/Prometheus/Blade Runner all share the same universe - you are NOT true fans...

Here's a dumbed down 'tie it all together' thingie for YOU:

The Alien / Blade Runner connection:  The guy that made the replicas went to college with the guy that made the cyborgs.  That is the ONLY connection between them - but it lets you know that Alien and Blade Runner are all happening at the same exact time on different sides of the universe.

The Alien / Predator connection:  The Predators use the Aliens as a 'proof of strength' hunting ground for the younger up and coming Predators as well as for general sport.

The Alien / Prometheus connection:  Prometheus happens BEFORE Alien and basically explains where the aliens came from, who the Engineers (Space Jockey) are, and with the next 3 Prometheus movies explain why the aliens were created and what they will be used for - which brings us to our next connection...

The Predator / Prometheus connection:  The Predators and the Engineers are at war.  The aliens were created as a biological weapon.  In Predator 2 during the Trophy Room segment - you can see an Engineer (Space Jockey) helmet hanging on the wall.  But they have it shown as an actual skull when it's actually just the helmet.

...mmkay?
Now that you know THAT - everything should start making more sense as you watch everything and try to understand what is going on.

sdfg

sdfg

Smackers, I love the Predator 2 theory of tying into the engineers but come on mang. Its literately impossible for the engineers, which were conceived 20 years later, to be in the Predator 2 movie.

Jennifer

Jennifer

Thank goodness Robert Rodriguez is NOT involved. He shouldn't be anywhere near something this good.

MichaelAM1978

MichaelAM1978

"We also know that Robert Rodriguez will not be involved in Predator 4." The BEST news so far about this movie.

Bob

Bob

The next Predator will be set during WW2.  It's a toss up between Stalingrad and Iwo Jima as a backdrop.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Bob on Dec 01, 2015, 01:25:46 AM
The next Predator will be set during WW2.  It's a toss up between Stalingrad and Iwo Jima as a backdrop.

I would love a Predator film set during WW2. Or even WW1. It could literally be dropped anywhere and still have the potential to be really interesting!

I don't think 2017 is too bad of a shout. I wouldn't think they'd care too much about an Alien and a Predator film being released in the same year. Sure, they're related slightly but not enough to warrant concern over franchise fatigue. And it makes sense to release in the 30th anniversary.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Bob on Dec 01, 2015, 01:25:46 AMThe next Predator will be set during WW2.  It's a toss up between Stalingrad and Iwo Jima as a backdrop.

It'd never be Stalingrad. The chances of them making a Predator movie where Americans aren't the main human characters are approximately zero. It's just not that kind of franchise.

I've championed it before and I'll champion it again - they should do 'Nam. It allows them to use the classic jungle but with a legitimate reason for using that setting again. Plus that fact it's a war zone would give it a different spin. And there's always the potential for urban combat in the theatre to be included too.

Randomizer

Randomizer

Quote from: Johnny Smackers on Nov 30, 2015, 11:26:03 PM
The Alien / Blade Runner connection:  The guy that made the replicas went to college with the guy that made the cyborgs.  That is the ONLY connection between them - but it lets you know that Alien and Blade Runner are all happening at the same exact time on different sides of the universe.

I knew something was off about the intro of Blade Runner. The aesthetic is pretty close between the two.

I'm personally carving for a Predator movie with pirates, but I can't figure out the full setting.

Mike

Mike

I wonder if Arnold will be back :D Dutch!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Randomizer on Dec 01, 2015, 09:50:03 AM

I knew something was off about the intro of Blade Runner. The aesthetic is pretty close between the two.

The idea of them being set in the same universe is something that's been bandied about for sometime now. There's also a shared graphic between the films. I don't think it was ever meant to be anything substantial but there are small easter eggs thrown in there suggesting a link.

Quote from: Mike on Dec 01, 2015, 10:43:26 AM

As long as it's not forced, I'm all for Arnie coming back.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 01, 2015, 10:50:00 AMThe idea of them being set in the same universe is something that's been bandied about for sometime now. There's also a shared graphic between the films. I don't think it was ever meant to be anything substantial but there are small easter eggs thrown in there suggesting a link.

Yes, the computer graphic seen when the Nostromo disconnects the docking clamp attaching it to the refinery when they head down to the surface of LV-426 is reused on the screen inside one of the flying police spinners in Blade Runner.

Personally, I'd be fine with them formally tying the two series together, by mentioning Tyrell in the new film or something. They fit quite well, both aesthetically and in terms of their shared themes and tone.

Johnny Handsome

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Dec 01, 2015, 10:50:00 AM
Quote from: Randomizer on Dec 01, 2015, 09:50:03 AM

The idea of them being set in the same universe is something that's been bandied about for sometime now. There's also a shared graphic between the films. I don't think it was ever meant to be anything substantial but there are small easter eggs thrown in there suggesting a link.

Quote from: Mike on Dec 01, 2015, 10:43:26 AM

As long as it's not forced, I'm all for Arnie coming back.

After 30 years i gave up hope on that, and the truth is this movie doesn't need Arnold... but hell that would be sweet!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed