An Evening With Reiko Aylesworth

Started by COEXERJ145, Feb 07, 2007, 06:38:48 PM

Author
An Evening With Reiko Aylesworth (Read 15,966 times)

COEXERJ145

COEXERJ145

Over on IMDB, Darkness had asked me if Reiko said anything about AvP2 during the event I attended this past Sunday (2-04) in Springfield, Illinois.

She did talk about it but obviously couldn't reveal major plot details and such.  I told Darkness I'd come over here to provide everything she did say as I was taking notes the entire time.  Truly, I'm not an Alien or Predator fan but have been a fan of Reiko for ages so I'll actually go see this movie.

Anything in "quotations" means it is a direct or near direct quote.

- Fox hired Reiko the best personal trainer in Vancouver to help her prepare for the role.  She worked out "2-3 times a day" and had a very strict diet and supplement regiment so she could appear "fit, toned, buffed and bulked up" for the role of Kelly O'Brien.

- Weapons she fires in the show include pistols, machineguns, the SAW (aka M249 Squad Automatic Weapon) and a tank mounted machine gun that "if you stand it up, it would be like twice my height and shoots flame out 8 feet when you fire it."  (Reiko is only 5'4''.)(I'm guessing this is a Browning M2 .50 caliber heavy machine gun.)

- Spent countless hours on the gun range with her weapons instructor who is a former Army Ranger.  He fought and was wounded in the Battle of Mogadishu which most people know as Blackhawk Down.

- Wears a tank top throughout most of the movie.

- It rains and is cold in most of the movie.

- One night Reiko got hypothermia and felt as if she was drunk and started to run into things.

- "Flies" a helicopter which was the very last scene she filmed.  Of course she didn't really fly it but the helicopter was on hydraulics which made it move as though it was really flying.

- Joked her only lines are "Die!" "Get Down!" and "Ahhhh!"

- When asked to briefly describe the aliens and predators, this is what she said.  "The Aliens are like cockroaches, they popup everywhere when you're not expecting them.  A predator is more like a bear, very tough and cunning."

- The part of the character Reiko loved the best was the mother-daughter relationship as Reiko loves working with children.

----------------------------

I wish there was more information I could provide but Reiko was quite clear that she could not give out detailed specifics.

I'll stick around for a while to try and answer any questions so please feel free to ask (it can be about AvP2 or anything else concerning the event) but I doubt I'll make much of an appearance otherwise.

BrokenTusk

thanks for the information, it provides a lot of info on her character that I didn't know.

Corporal Hicks

Some nice information. I've posted this up on the front page too.

COEXERJ145

You're welcome.

I would ask that everyone try not to be rude or disparaging toward Reiko like some idiots on IMDB are all the time.  I didn't post this to create a thread for Reiko bashing.

When the event was over, I got to spend several minutes with her because I won the auction of a "24" Season 2 t-shirt (the entire event was to raise money for a scholarship for theater arts) which Reiko autographed for me along with a person message.  I also have a picture of me and her.

I can tell you she is a very genuine, down to earth, and friendly person.  She spent a lot of time talking with everyone there who wanted a chance to meet her, have something autographed, or get a picture with her.  And even without being all made up she was still gorgeous.  ;D

Corporal Hicks

Yeah, I saw that!  >:( That Schaffer pisses me off.

Sounds like Kelly survives a long time.

The Ultimate Predator

Sure does. I reckon she survives.

Darkness

Darkness

Thanks for posting this, COEXERJ145. Was very interesting. Especially the info about the weapons.

SiL

SiL

I'm not gonna bash Reiko - Don't know anything about her or her work -  but I am gonna say that what she said doesn't exactly raise my hopes for the movie.

Darkness

Darkness

Quote from: SiL on Feb 07, 2007, 09:56:08 PM
I'm not gonna bash Reiko - Don't know anything about her or her work -  but I am gonna say that what she said doesn't exactly raise my hopes for the movie.

Which parts didn't you like Sil?

SiL

SiL

Not so much not liking things - Mother-daughter bit, though ... Tried so hard to forget! - just that it didn't really do anything to raise hopes (I was kind'a hoping it would).

Not that I'm saying it was meant to, though. Just a personal observation.

Corporal Hicks

For some reason I'm rather fond of those maternal bonds in films.

SiL

SiL

I like 'em in some films, but in horror movies they always drag it down and make the characters do stupid things solely for the sake of more cheap scares which often don't work anyway.

Corporal Hicks

I take it you didn't like the Ripley/Newt relationship?

Darkness

Darkness

Sil's not a huge fan of Aliens to start with.

COEXERJ145

One thing you have to remember is the kid playing her daughter only had a short role in the film (or at least that is what I've read elsewhere) so either she dies or is sent away for protection.  I'm guessing the latter but I have no clue one way or the other.

Let me provide a bit of background.  Reiko's first film role was on "One Life to Live" in 1993-1994.  After the season was over, she didn't act for a while and worked in a daycare center.  She loves working with children, both as part of acting, and in the real world.  This is why she liked the part of being a mother.  In no way did she say that she didn't enjoy the rest of the film.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed