Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed

Started by Xenomorphine, Nov 20, 2015, 01:28:22 AM

Author
Biehn Interview - Newt's Inclusion Confirmed (Read 46,181 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Nov 25, 2015, 12:08:05 AMBut are we still certain Blomkamp's movie is still going to ignore Alien 3?

Considering it was never actually officially stated or confirmed, I don't consider that it was ever 100% certain. Hence...

Quote from: windebieste on Nov 25, 2015, 02:10:12 AMI'm waiting for Official Fox announcements.  As usual.

...this.

Whiskeybrewer

So all that news has folded itself into a black hole of nothingness. Well theres hope for my idea then lmao

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Nov 25, 2015, 12:58:39 PM
So all that news has folded itself into a black hole of nothingness.

Yup. I'd say that's a pretty accurate description.

majorShears

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 24, 2015, 09:15:46 AM
Quote from: majorShears on Nov 23, 2015, 09:18:25 PM
Indeed. A retcon would create a mess of things and squander some great possibilities. I could see a fifth film beginning with Ripley 8 wandering about space without a clear purpose, before deciding to investigate her past and, eventually, taking on the company (whatever company) to get rid of the aliens once and for all. The character could change throughout the story, becoming more and more "human" through her connection with the past. The film could even feature references to Newt and Hicks, which could make for some fairly dramatic scenes. An existentialist undercurrent could be integrated into the story, making the film a sort of "genetic sibling" of Alien 3, only without all the complaints about sudden deaths of beloved characters.

And I'm sure that's probably been in at least one of the scripts which, no matter how insightful, Weaver was responsible for saying no to. She doesn't want to reprise Ripley 8. She does, however, want to reprise Ellen Ripley.

Do you have a source on that? All I know is that Blomkamp asked her how she felt about the films and the character of Ripley, and that's where he got the idea for another story featuring her. I didn't know she didn't want to play the clone. If that's the case, it's truly a shame.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2015, 02:36:16 PM
Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 24, 2015, 02:35:02 PM
Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 24, 2015, 09:02:50 AM
It certainly wasn't how it read to me. He never mentioned speculating. He spoke as if by fact. I'm not sure if this is his official page or not though. He has so many.

I heard that "passing the torch on to Newt" rumour somewhere before. Cannot remember the source but it was quite a while back. Can you remember anything like that?

Sorry, I can't. But it was a logical assumption all along.

Pretty sure it was from an established media news site who claimed they had some "inside knowledge". It wasn't just idle fan speculation.

But anyway, Biehn already previously speculated at the possibility of Newt's inclusion about five months ago:

From 1:50 on in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmUH_eA9VGE

Vermillion

Reese/Hicks is looking and sounding old.
:(

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

Cool by me if they ignore Alien 3. A lot of people didn't like it and doing a proper sequel to Aliens makes more sense to me. Fans always wanted to see a good sequel to Aliens and never really got it.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Hellspawn28 on Nov 25, 2015, 11:39:49 PM
Cool by me if they ignore Alien 3. A lot of people didn't like it and doing a proper sequel to Aliens makes more sense to me. Fans always wanted to see a good sequel to Aliens and never really got it.

This.  Hellspawn28 you're right on the money.

DwayneHicks

I think Michael Biehn has aged well.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 25, 2015, 11:21:32 PMReese/Hicks is looking and sounding old.

The drink will do that to you.

Such a shame his career just imploded, because he was one of my favourite actors.

PRJ_since1990

So there hasn't been any news on the horizon OTHER THAN that tweet from Carrie Henn regarding the #NewtLives thing, right? Was that cryptic message even figured out by anyone?

Corporal Hicks

Nothing for a while and I'm sure we wont really hear anything concrete until towards the end of Alien: Covenant. Once they're in publicity for Covenant, Alien 3.2 will probably start to gear back up and they'll start talking about that - especially with Scott producing it.

As for the #NewtLives thing - no, nothing has come of it yet.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Feb 25, 2016, 08:25:42 AM
Nothing for a while and I'm sure we wont really hear anything concrete until towards the end of Alien: Covenant. Once they're in publicity for Covenant, Alien 3.2 will probably start to gear back up and they'll start talking about that - especially with Scott producing it.

As for the #NewtLives thing - no, nothing has come of it yet.

Hicks you still think the Blomkamp film has a chance?  Have you seed Deadpool?  I mean the way that film came together, and seeing how its a retcon, doesn't that make you want to believe in Blomkamp's idea a bit more?

Rodewaryer

Quote from: Vermillion on Nov 25, 2015, 11:21:32 PM
Reese/Hicks is looking and sounding old.

Hey, happens to the best of us.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Feb 25, 2016, 11:02:30 PMHicks you still think the Blomkamp film has a chance?  Have you seed Deadpool?  I mean the way that film came together, and seeing how OTC a retcon, doesn't that make you want to believe in Blomkamp's idea a bit more?

No. Constant retcons should stay with comic books where the concept has infinite precedents.

I don't want that kind of thing being introduced to more serious film series.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed