#NEWTLIVES

Started by Ultramorph, Nov 14, 2015, 01:58:37 AM

Author
#NEWTLIVES (Read 27,025 times)

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Quote from: Kelgaard on Nov 17, 2015, 03:55:13 AM
FOX's stance is whatever sounds like a good idea at the time.

That's more or less what I've come to expect, these days. :)

The marketing department isn't linked at the hip to the creative departments involved in fashioning the actual films.

I think they'd like to create some kind of over-arcing continuity, but you have to set out a definitive plan ahead of time to do that, instead of just handing out the licence to various people and letting them come up with whatever.

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 17, 2015, 12:17:08 PM
I've tweeted to ask. I'm hoping not though. Doesn't really seem worth her excitement just to use her character name. I was hoping for something more involving of her herself.

Yeah, whatever it is, it's something she personally had a reason to feel really happy about. Some old comics getting republished doesn't really feel like it would warrant that reaction from her.

Y'know, every so often, Cameron does speak about wanting to do what he did with 'Titanic' and remaster 'Aliens' to a 3D format. I thought it was surprisingly well done with 'Titanic', personally. If that's being done, it would mean 'Aliens' is getting re-released in cinemas and that would likely result in new interviews and stuff for the relevant home release, too.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 17, 2015, 09:46:55 PM
Y'know, every so often, Cameron does speak about wanting to do what he did with 'Titanic' and remaster 'Aliens' to a 3D format. I thought it was surprisingly well done with 'Titanic', personally. If that's being done, it would mean 'Aliens' is getting re-released in cinemas and that would likely result in new interviews and stuff for the relevant home release, too.

I did really enjoy what little I saw of Titantic 3D. I thought it worked really well.

Mr. Clemens

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Nov 17, 2015, 09:46:55 PMY'know, every so often, Cameron does speak about wanting to do what he did with 'Titanic' and remaster 'Aliens' to a 3D format. I thought it was surprisingly well done with 'Titanic', personally. If that's being done, it would mean 'Aliens' is getting re-released in cinemas and that would likely result in new interviews and stuff for the relevant home release, too.

Boy, I would really enjoy that. There's a lot of depth in some of those exterior shots, outside the colony. And imagine that establishing shot of Gateway in 3D...

Fox would love it, too. They could sell us another blu-ray.  8)

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Yes, and that would propel demand for a sequel to Aliens.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

And the original in 3D.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Everybody wins.

(Heck, I'd even like to see Alien 3 and Resurrection in 3-D)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 18, 2015, 10:05:43 PM

I don't think I'd go that far!  :P I still think that in general 3D is a shoddy gimmick. The only reason I'd see Aliens 3D was because I saw how nicely Titantic was handled. I don't know if Cameron was involved in that or not but I'm going to assume he was - I don't think he'd particularly care to do A3 or Res.

Elmazalman

Elmazalman

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2015, 07:04:26 AM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 18, 2015, 10:05:43 PM

I don't think I'd go that far!  :P I still think that in general 3D is a shoddy gimmick. The only reason I'd see Aliens 3D was because I saw how nicely Titantic was handled. I don't know if Cameron was involved in that or not but I'm going to assume he was - I don't think he'd particularly care to do A3 or Res.
I'm not big on 3-D either but the films victim-point-of-view head-bite shots would benefit from the extra D.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 19, 2015, 07:04:26 AMThe only reason I'd see Aliens 3D was because I saw how nicely Titantic was handled.

And the only reason I'd see it is because of how nicely the 3D was handled with Avatar. It was still a gimmick, but at least it wasn't over-the-top gimmickry. It was just a regular film that happened to be in 3D, there weren't things lunging out of the screen at you every five minutes like in every other 3D movie I've ever seen.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I can't remember Avatar's 3D - I was too busy being underwhelmed by the film itself.

predxeno

predxeno

Same here, I've seen all 3 versions of the film, 2 of which were in 3D, and I can safely say that the film's main selling point were the special effects and visuals rather than the story itself which was as you say, underwhelming.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I watched Avatar twice in the theatre and I hate to say but both times, it actually made me nauseous.  The motion was off the charts.  Never felt so dizzy.  I had to close my eyes for a good portion of the film, or I felt like I was going to lose my cookies.  It was very strange as I typically have a cast-iron gullet.   OT.. 

THE CITY HUNTER

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Nov 19, 2015, 03:15:16 PM
I watched Avatar twice in the theatre and I hate to say but both times, it actually made me nauseous.  The motion was off the charts.  Never felt so dizzy.  I had to close my eyes for a good portion of the film, or I felt like I was going to lose my cookies.  It was very strange as I typically have a cast-iron gullet stomach.   OT..
Avatar cgi was crap straight up one minute i thought i was watching Halo on x box

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

As much as I disliked the film, that's a complete exaggeration.  :P That opening sequence was gorgeous.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

I really liked the film.  It was a fun ride in a beautiful place.  But I did get sick.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed