"Predator 2 Is the Most Enjoyable Predator Movie, Period"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2015, 09:50:41 AM

Author
"Predator 2 Is the Most Enjoyable Predator Movie, Period" (Read 7,534 times)

overthere

Also, Dutch is suffering from radiation burns/poisoning and escapes from hospital. I like that. Fits well into what I'd want for Dutch's cameo in the new movie.

Too bad the book seems a bit rare and expensive now. I'd love to get my hands on it eventually.

Mpavlic

Mpavlic

Quote from: overthere on Jan 28, 2016, 10:26:30 AM
Also, Dutch is suffering from radiation burns/poisoning and escapes from hospital. I like that. Fits well into what I'd want for Dutch's cameo in the new movie.

Too bad the book seems a bit rare and expensive now. I'd love to get my hands on it eventually.

I saw it on amazon for $9.  While that is pricey for the book it is, I don't know if I'd call that expensive.   :)

Edit: now the cheapest one on Amazon is $15 plus shipping.

Corporal Hicks

£20 over here. Bit pricey considering they'll be used and nakered. It's like £40 for brand new. Ouch.

HuDaFuK

Obviously I bought mine at the right time. I swear I paid next to nothing for it. In fact I remember the postage costing more than the actual book!

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2016, 12:09:57 PM
Obviously I bought mine at the right time. I swear I paid next to nothing for it. In fact I remember the postage costing more than the actual book!

I've never seen them cheap. Or in good condition. It's probably why I've never picked them up.

HuDaFuK

Having looked back, I paid £2.50, which was less than the £2.85 postage I paid. That was a couple of years ago.

Not in back condition either. Well-used, but perfectly readable. Better condition that my copy of the first film's novelisation, anyway.

Mpavlic

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2016, 12:14:23 PM
Having looked back, I paid £2.50, which was less than the £2.85 postage I paid. That was a couple of years ago.

Not in back condition either. Well-used, but perfectly readable. Better condition that my copy of the first film's novelisation, anyway.

I don't understand why someone can't just make the book available as an ebook.  It's probably a licensing issue.

HuDaFuK

I'm wondering if Titan might do reprints of the two novelisations like they did with the Alien ones, especially with the 30th anniversary coming up.

Corporal Hicks

I'll ask next time I talk to them.

Keith

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jan 28, 2016, 09:16:07 AM
Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Jan 28, 2016, 09:02:46 AMIt  was hinted since the pred followed harrigan To the cemetery right after the phone call.

Yeah, and then suddenly he's all the way across town tearing it up on the subway. It's never really clear whether he's there to specifically get Leona and Jerry, or whether by some miracle he just happened to be on the same train.

The book explains it all, the film doesn't.

You simply have to put two and two together.

Predator_Spirit

The bomb device used by the predators don't have radioactive fallout.

overthere

Quote from: Predator_Spirit on Feb 06, 2016, 10:01:00 AM

The bomb device used by the predators don't have radioactive fallout.

It could. How do we know?

Predator_Spirit

OpenMaw

Though i'm honestly not entirely sure that makes sense. You build up and release that much energy you're going to have some kind of radiation output.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed