Alien Covenant?

Started by Corporal Hicks, Nov 13, 2015, 09:16:21 AM

Author
Alien Covenant? (Read 30,249 times)

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

https://twitter.com/PapaVinyard/status/664650039546028032

QuoteI don't know if he misspoke, but Ridley Scott referred to PROMETHEUS 2 as ALIEN: COVENANT. So much for PARADISE LOST.

https://twitter.com/mtgilchrist/status/664639089107308544

QuoteIs ALIEN COVENANT known as the title of the PROMETHEUS sequel? That's what Ridley Scott just called it.

I saw this on Twitter last night. I messaged both asking where they saw it and the first fella, PapaVinyard, replied:

Quote@_corporalhicks He did a live chat at AFI Fest last night.

Quote@_corporalhicks Hope they release video online at some point 'cause it was pretty great, but I don't think there's anything out right now.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

No joke but if that is the new name it sounds pretty damn interesting... then again this is Ridley. Actually it would be nuts if that was NB's title for his Alien 5 and Ridley just blurted it out by mistake.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Perhaps some alliance between humanity and some other species against the Aliens or Engineers?

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

I was thinking maybe there was a deal struck between man and engineers that somehow was lost in time. Like for instance we could live if we stay the f**k away from a certain group of stars.  ;)

oduodu

oduodu

Does covenant imply God Man relationship ??

But who broke that covenant ?? The engineers or us ??

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Yeah... this is just typical Sir Riddles.

Prometheus started out as "Untitled Alien Prequel" then became "Alien: LV-426" then became "Alien: Paradise" then became "Alien: Engineers" then finally one day... bang... "Prometheus".

Blade Runner started out as "Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep" then became "Dangerous Days" then became "Blade Runner" then became "Gotham City" then became "Blade Runner" again after they couldn't get the naming rights from Bob Kane.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Nov 13, 2015, 02:23:49 PM
Prometheus started out as "Untitled Alien Prequel" then became "Alien: LV-426" then became "Alien: Paradise" then became "Alien: Engineers" then finally one day... bang... "Prometheus".

Alien Zero as well, according to Lindelof. Before Prometheus.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

http://blogs.indiewire.com/theplaylist/ridley-scott-says-alien-paradise-lost-will-be-now-called-alien-covenant-20151113

Quote"I was going to be doing what will be called 'Alien: Covenant,' which starts shooting next February, and we were struggling then with the screenplay there and then there was a phone call, somebody saying, 'Listen, we've got this thing which is completely written called 'Martian,' and I said, 'Huh.' And I sped read it in an hour and by mid-afternoon, I talked to Fox and said, 'I need to talk to 'Drew [Goddard]...'"

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Are they actively trying to make this production seem like a complete clusterf*ck?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I wouldn't be worried about title changes. Might be a result of Logan's revisions? Or just Ridley getting his tongue tied.

Keyes

Keyes

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Nov 14, 2015, 08:59:43 AM
Are they actively trying to make this production seem like a complete clusterf*ck?

Why is it a clusterf-ck if the title changes a few times? There's no harm. Besides, it's never been officially announced as anything yet.

whiterabbit

whiterabbit

He sure did sound like he was talking past-tense. Although I think Alien: Covenant is a more interesting title than Alien: Paradise Lost.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I think I prefer the Paradise Lost title. Sounds more poetic. Obviously.

redalert51

redalert51

Alien: Paradise Lost is much more related to " Prometheus " , with incorporating Science versus myth.
I hope " Scott is just pulling our legs ..

T Dog

T Dog

I thought that the title "Paradise" was intriguing by itself. Or Alien: Paradise.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed