Info on the new Monsters in Prometheus 2

Started by Chris P, Nov 11, 2015, 10:18:49 PM

Author
Info on the new Monsters in Prometheus 2 (Read 12,134 times)

Ratchetcomand

Ratchetcomand

I want to see the Deacon return just to see what it really is. I remember people where saying it's the first xeno created while other sources say it's not.

Corporal Hicks

Unless that mural is supposed to be something different, I still think the Engineer's knew all about the Deacons.

Primordial

They surely knew about the Deacon with all the experiments they did. However, the mural looks like a crucified Deacon but is not imo. This one has the iliac crest going down the tight (at least midway) then it gets thicker, unlike the Deacon which seems more human in that aspect.

T Dog

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Nov 15, 2015, 07:18:59 AM
They surely knew about the Deacon with all the experiments they did. However, the mural looks like a crucified Deacon but is not imo. This one has the iliac crest going down the tight (at least midway) then it gets thicker, unlike the Deacon which seems more human in that aspect.
I assume they knew (judging by the mural) but the Deacon recipe/life cycle is quite complex as shown in the movie:

Douchebag becomes infected by David and his sperm impregnates Shaw.
Shaw creates squid thang!
Squid thang impregnates Engineer.
Engineer births Deacon.

So what other routes or shortcuts would the Engineers have found to create the Deacon?

The only thing that might make sense is that the black goo is derived from an original Deacon and the new one created at the end of Prometheus is more evolved?

Primordial

Primordial

The lifecycle you describe only involves human DNA to say it simple (Engineer DNA = Human DNA) and I agree.

The mural crucified creature seems to have another genetic program. Here is the recipe :

You recognize the trilobite, which will impregnate this alien creature, head between knees, and leads to this mural creature.

If you want the explanation, here it is :
Spoiler

From what we see it Prometheus and what you explained in your post :

Then :

From what we learn in Alien :

So how is the egg created ?

Yes , this infected creature will lay infected eggs containing facehuggers, the same way infected Holloway and Shaw gave birth to the trilobite !
Note that this creature is very similar to the usual xenomorph (thorn on the elbow, excrescence near the shoulder...) but hasn't got the penis head.
I know it is difficult to distinguish the thight but the iliac crest is visible and it may go downwards, that's why I think this PRE-xenomorph creature infected by a trilobite would give birth to the mural crucified creature  8)

Many people wonder if the goo is made by alien DNA or if xenomorphs are created by the goo. My explanation is the latter option, Damon Lidelof hints it here, also in the audio commentaries of the movie.

Now will Ridley stick to that for the sequels is another story.

[close]

Whiskeybrewer

Hopefully he does stick with it *Fingers Crossed*

Born Of Cold Light

The Deacon lifecycle, from a purely biological perspective, makes little sense, while the xenomorph lifecyle does.  My theory is that this is because the creatures in Prometheus were explicitly made as weapons, and their convoluted lifecycles were meant to create as much death and chaos as possible.

Primordial

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 17, 2015, 06:13:11 AM
The Deacon lifecycle, from a purely biological perspective, makes little sense

We still don't know how the adult Deacon reproduces.

The eggs are also supposed to be weapons :

Quote from: Ridley Scott (Raw Alien 20th Anniversary DVD  Commentary)a... an aircraft Carrier, a battlewagon of a civilisation, and the eggs were a cargo which were essentially weapons. So right, like a large form of bacteriological stroke biomechanoid warfare.

CainsSon

Quote from: PrimitifAlien on Nov 15, 2015, 08:30:33 PM
The lifecycle you describe only involves human DNA to say it simple (Engineer DNA = Human DNA) and I agree.

The mural crucified creature seems to have another genetic program. Here is the recipe :

You recognize the trilobite, which will impregnate this alien creature, head between knees, and leads to this mural creature.

If you want the explanation, here it is :
Spoiler

From what we see it Prometheus and what you explained in your post :

Then :

From what we learn in Alien :

So how is the egg created ?

Yes , this infected creature will lay infected eggs containing facehuggers, the same way infected Holloway and Shaw gave birth to the trilobite !
Note that this creature is very similar to the usual xenomorph (thorn on the elbow, excrescence near the shoulder...) but hasn't got the penis head.
I know it is difficult to distinguish the thight but the iliac crest is visible and it may go downwards, that's why I think this PRE-xenomorph creature infected by a trilobite would give birth to the mural crucified creature  8)

Many people wonder if the goo is made by alien DNA or if xenomorphs are created by the goo. My explanation is the latter option, Damon Lidelof hints it here, also in the audio commentaries of the movie.

Now will Ridley stick to that for the sequels is another story.

[close]

This is kinda fun.
Maybe the mutated human, having interacted with the goo, like Holloway and Fifield more so, eventually becomes that creature in the mural. And then the Trilobite facehugs that creature and THAT makes the alien.

pred169

Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 14, 2015, 03:25:40 AM
Regardless of what they choose for the monster, I really want a scene like this (I believe this is a Huante pic):

We've seen the inner jaws used hundreds of time, but only Alien went out of its way to show just how visceral and disturbing they really are.  Scenes like this could really bring back the horror, even if we know what the creature looks like.
I agree.
That moment of terror when you see the events unfolding in front of you and you know what's about to happen....but can't do a damn thing about.

Pure terror at its finest.

Born Of Cold Light

Quote from: pred169 on Nov 18, 2015, 06:35:39 PM
Quote from: Born Of Cold Light on Nov 14, 2015, 03:25:40 AM
Regardless of what they choose for the monster, I really want a scene like this (I believe this is a Huante pic):

We've seen the inner jaws used hundreds of time, but only Alien went out of its way to show just how visceral and disturbing they really are.  Scenes like this could really bring back the horror, even if we know what the creature looks like.
I agree.
That moment of terror when you see the events unfolding in front of you and you know what's about to happen....but can't do a damn thing about.

Pure terror at its finest.

There's actually a cut scene from Alien 3 right before Clemens dies that does the same thing; why it was removed, I don't know.

This is a cool design I came across:

Mustangjeff

I wonder what is considered a "monster"?

I'm going to be a little bit disappointed if we don't see the Engineer(s) in some form or another.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed