Info on the new Monsters in Prometheus 2

Started by Chris P, Nov 11, 2015, 10:18:49 PM

Author
Info on the new Monsters in Prometheus 2 (Read 12,135 times)

Chris P

Haven't posted here in a while, loving the new look of the site Darkness, really badass.

Anyways, just wanted to pop in and let everyone know I got a tipster with info on Prom 2, and they managed to offer up some interesting details regarding the new aliens to-be seen. I should urge that people reading take it with a grain of salt, as I state in the article, the info is current as of March 2015. So, with John Logan revising the script, some elements may have changed - but the info I was allowed to share comes from doodles and rough concept art created for the film, so it's likely the creature designs won't change much.

I won't post the direct quote here for the sake of spoilers, but if you wanna read it, here's the link: http://www.scified.com/prometheusmovies/exclusive---information-on-the-new-monsters-in-prometheus-2-alien-paradise-lost-leaked

Pretty excited to see where this goes and what gets revealed in the coming months!

Wobblyboddle77

This sounds great, i'm really liking the sound of all this, if Scott and co are going this route, it sounds like they're certainly going in the right direction.

CainsSon

http://www.scified.com/prometheusmovies/exclusive---information-on-the-new-monsters-in-prometheus-2-alien-paradise-lost-leaked

Seems like there are two monsters in the film and one of them at least resembles the translucent thing described in Jon Spaihts draft of Prometheus.
They also mention the other monster NOT being new, so they then speculate that the other will be the Deacon, but they also compare the translucent monster to the 'ULTRAMORPH' which ISN'T described as translucent in that script.

Grain of salt.

Scified has said they have some more news but are going to wait until next week.

What does everyone think?

I think the idea of an alien that is translucent sounds cool as hell and like the possibility of seeing a grown Deacon but don't want the film to return to LV223...

oduodu

Maybe its an unused idea that never came to fruition in alien that is now going to be used.

Lonely Universe

I just want to see Alien Monster IV running around. Shoulda been in Prometheus as Ethon, the eagle of Zeus but they decided the film's title should just be pretentious instead of having any solid connection to the myth.

https://www.google.com/search?q=alien+monster+iv&rlz=1CDGOYI_enUS619US619&oq=alien+monster+iv&aqs=chrome..69i57j0&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8&hl=en-US#imgrc=DrEwsbsYsys3MM%3A

Born Of Cold Light

This bad boy?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

If it's true the translucent thing could be a throwback to one of the earlier Alien design concepts. Which could be cool. I like the Ultramorph (aside from the bulge at the front of his head in some concepts).

oduodu

Its like the flying mice that became the spectragraphs in prometheus. An unused idea. And the temple. I wonder what other unused ideas might pop up in APL ?

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: oduodu on Nov 12, 2015, 07:40:57 PM
Its like the flying mice that became the spectragraphs in prometheus.

What do you mean?

oduodu

There was a storyboard from ridley for alien where he wanted to use flying robotic mice that would automatically fix things and that was an unused idea as far as I remember. My memory aint the greatest. That's where the idea I think for the spectragraphs came from.

Corporal Hicks

Do you happen to have the Ridleygram to hand? I can't remember that one.

oduodu

oduodu

http://weyland-yutaniarchives.blogspot.co.za/2012/08/alien-unseen-part-one-ridleygrams.html

Perhaps its a stretch but it might be where the idea for david roaming the ship and looking after everything came from. Just a thought.

Corporal Hicks

Thank you kindly. Fascinating. I'd like to see Giger's egg silo personally. I really want a Giger-esque film this time. Something more true to his design aesthetic.

oduodu

oduodu

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Nov 12, 2015, 07:54:18 PM
Thank you kindly. Fascinating. I'd like to see Giger's egg silo personally. I really want a Giger-esque film this time. Something more true to his design aesthetic.

I am glad I can provide something of use!!
LOL
Xeno alpha did a great job on that article. There is also something about holography and lambert.

Important thing is you can see clearly where some of the ideas in prometheus came from. Unused ideas. That's clear from his comments in that article. Thanks xeno aplha.

Corporal Hicks

That would be great if they used the giger design.

Xenomorphine

Half-serpentine, then.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed