News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant

Started by 𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯, Nov 07, 2015, 02:09:21 PM

Author
News and Social Media posts regarding Alien: Covenant (Read 560,277 times)

Stolen

facebook @aliencovenantfr

Corporal Hicks

Argh. This regional redirect thing they've got going on is driving me barmy. Could you copy a direct link to the post please?

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Thank you.  :)

Slightly clearer copy from the French Twitter account - https://twitter.com/20thCFox_FR/status/840630908440911872

cliffhanger

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 11, 2017, 05:30:43 PM

looks fantastic. i really want to explore that ship in a video game and enjoy its awesomeness, like i enjoyed so much alien:isolation.

newagescamartist

That's a nice big cyclone there.

Pvt. Himmel

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Mar 11, 2017, 07:46:23 PM
Thank you.  :)

Slightly clearer copy from the French Twitter account - https://twitter.com/20thCFox_FR/status/840630908440911872

Are those the cryo chambers i see there???

BR1XER

Doesn't it look the slightest bit phallic?

echobbase79

How many people are on the mother ship of the Covenant?

Stolen

Stolen

Why Alien: Covenant Will Make You Reconsider Prometheus

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/03/alien-covenant-ridley-scott
Spoiler

You want me to get competitive? I can get competitive," Ridley Scott jokes when asked about the films—Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien: Resurrection—that were made between his groundbreaking 1979 Alien and 2012's Prometheus. "During all of it, no one ever asked why was this ever started and who created it. You'd think that would be the first place to start when you're writing a bloody screenplay."

After returning to the world of Xenomorphs and Chestbursters that he created wth the divisive Prometheus, Scott is back again with Alien: Covenant, becoming the first director in the 40-year franchise history to direct back-to-back installments. On its way into theaters May 19, Covenenant swung by the SXSW Film Festival Friday night, where Scott and stars Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride were on hand to debut new footage for a captivated Texas audience.

Unwilling to see the franchise come to what he considered an ignominious end with 2004's Alien v. Predator, Scott is in the process of creating a resurrection of his very own, with plans for what he says could be several more installments in this new Alien era.

But this new Scott-fueled vision of the franchise is missing the unifying force of the original four movies: Sigourney Weaver's Ellen Ripley. There are echoes of her in Noomi Rapace's Prometheus character Elizabeth Shaw as well as Waterston's Daniels in Covenant "because, boobs," the actress wryly jokes. "Ripley didn't have boobs!" Scott chimes in. But it's actually actor Michael Fassbender playing a pair of A.I. units—the platinum blond David and the mousier brunette Walter—who is the new "Ripley" of this series. "It's the A.I. that's the real connective tissue of this franchise," Waterston observes. "People keep saying I'm the Ripley. I'm not. It's Fassbender." (Scott also addressed the rumor that Waterston's character was related to Weaver's Ripley. "No," he asserted, "She's herself.")

Fassbender's David will bridge the gap between the two films as Covenant kicks off with a prologue (not to be confused with the four-minutes of footage marked "Prologue" that is currently online), showing the origins of the unnerving blond android. Scott drew inspiration from a viewing of 2001: A Space Odyssey when, he says, as a young man he "gawped and gawped" at Hal's famous, unblinking red lens. "You see nothing but the eye" of this creature, Scott marveled.

"We start Covenant," he continues, "with a really clever prologue that settles—once and for all—who David really is." The sequence begins on a "big beautiful blue eye—you see every vein" and over that shot audiences will hear footsteps approach. "How do you feel?" a voice asks. "Alive," the owner of the eye responds. Scott explains that the prologue reveals Guy Pearce's Prometheus character, Peter Weyland, as a younger, 40-year-old man (Pearce wore heavy old-age make-up for the 2012 film) whom the newly-born David calls "father." Scott promises this sequence will "really get people going because it's f**king smart for a change." Scott and McBride both believe Covenant will cast Prometheus in a new and better light.
[close]

Better and better.

DorkiDori

^^^ needs spoiler tags!!!

Stolen

You're right sorry

Sway

Quote from: Stolen on Mar 12, 2017, 09:07:30 AM
Why Alien: Covenant Will Make You Reconsider Prometheus

http://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2017/03/alien-covenant-ridley-scott
Spoiler

You want me to get competitive? I can get competitive," Ridley Scott jokes when asked about the films—Aliens, Alien 3, and Alien: Resurrection—that were made between his groundbreaking 1979 Alien and 2012's Prometheus. "During all of it, no one ever asked why was this ever started and who created it. You'd think that would be the first place to start when you're writing a bloody screenplay."

After returning to the world of Xenomorphs and Chestbursters that he created wth the divisive Prometheus, Scott is back again with Alien: Covenant, becoming the first director in the 40-year franchise history to direct back-to-back installments. On its way into theaters May 19, Covenenant swung by the SXSW Film Festival Friday night, where Scott and stars Katherine Waterston and Danny McBride were on hand to debut new footage for a captivated Texas audience.

Unwilling to see the franchise come to what he considered an ignominious end with 2004's Alien v. Predator, Scott is in the process of creating a resurrection of his very own, with plans for what he says could be several more installments in this new Alien era.

But this new Scott-fueled vision of the franchise is missing the unifying force of the original four movies: Sigourney Weaver's Ellen Ripley. There are echoes of her in Noomi Rapace's Prometheus character Elizabeth Shaw as well as Waterston's Daniels in Covenant "because, boobs," the actress wryly jokes. "Ripley didn't have boobs!" Scott chimes in. But it's actually actor Michael Fassbender playing a pair of A.I. units—the platinum blond David and the mousier brunette Walter—who is the new "Ripley" of this series. "It's the A.I. that's the real connective tissue of this franchise," Waterston observes. "People keep saying I'm the Ripley. I'm not. It's Fassbender." (Scott also addressed the rumor that Waterston's character was related to Weaver's Ripley. "No," he asserted, "She's herself.")

Fassbender's David will bridge the gap between the two films as Covenant kicks off with a prologue (not to be confused with the four-minutes of footage marked "Prologue" that is currently online), showing the origins of the unnerving blond android. Scott drew inspiration from a viewing of 2001: A Space Odyssey when, he says, as a young man he "gawped and gawped" at Hal's famous, unblinking red lens. "You see nothing but the eye" of this creature, Scott marveled.

"We start Covenant," he continues, "with a really clever prologue that settles—once and for all—who David really is." The sequence begins on a "big beautiful blue eye—you see every vein" and over that shot audiences will hear footsteps approach. "How do you feel?" a voice asks. "Alive," the owner of the eye responds. Scott explains that the prologue reveals Guy Pearce's Prometheus character, Peter Weyland, as a younger, 40-year-old man (Pearce wore heavy old-age make-up for the 2012 film) whom the newly-born David calls "father." Scott promises this sequence will "really get people going because it's f**king smart for a change." Scott and McBride both believe Covenant will cast Prometheus in a new and better light.
[close]

Better and better.

Beautiful.

cliffhanger

that is a 100% guarantee that David indeed is Weyland downloaded into him.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed