Which era would you like to live in/liked the most

Started by THE CITY HUNTER, Nov 02, 2015, 06:11:54 PM

Which era you liked or would like to live in.

50s
1 (6.7%)
60s
1 (6.7%)
70s
2 (13.3%)
80s
1 (6.7%)
90s
4 (26.7%)
Early 2000s
2 (13.3%)
Other(specify in comment)
4 (26.7%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author
Which era would you like to live in/liked the most (Read 2,980 times)

Shinawi

Shinawi

I remember the late 90s and the early 2000s to be much simpler. It might've been boring when compared to how it is today, but then there were less things to worry about. To me, the present is more complicated and heading out of control.

On the other hand, I find the younger generation today (26 years old and younger) to be more open-minded and more adventurous, especially the women. They're more fun to be with and easier to become friends with. And they matured faster than my classmates did in the past. I recently met a 25 year old woman who started her own business with her bf. She traveled to China by herself. When I was her age, I didn't know anyone in my age group who had the courage to do all that. (I traveled to China alone several years later). She is quite accepting of new people like me and so are her friends. And they have gay and lesbian friends. Gays and lesbians in the past were afraid to admit that they were gays or lesbians because much of the older generation disapproved of it. So I didn't know that my friend was gay until much later. I disagree with the older moms at my workplace when they belittle their children's generation.

Corporal Hicks

Shinawi

The US must've been like heaven to an outsider. Europe and Asia were still recovering from WWII. Korea was suffering from a civil war. No other city had a skyline like NYC or Chicago.

Huggs

Huggs

Although I'm satisfied with the present, were I forced to choose another decade, I'd say the 90's hands down. It was indeed a simpler time. I would've said early 2000's but I'd prefer a time before everything changed (2001 and all that).

I remember it was just a good time to be alive. There was really good music. Movies like Independence Day and Twister were showing us grand scale stuff and visuals we'd never seen before. The world seemed relatively quiet, compared to modern times. Decent medical knowledge. Great games like Ocarina of time and Super Mario 64. There was plenty of work, at least in my area. Gas was cheap and technology wasn't the center of the universe. Each household in my area had one phone, it was big, corded, and screwed to the kitchen wall. Calls were scarce, but important. Most often the phone was just used to arrange gatherings like church dinners and meeting friends for basketball. Young people like me (at the time) spent their days off playing in the woods, or fishing, riding our bikes, listening to music in the garage, weightlifting and playing guitar. Always competing with each other of course, especially for chicks. Not glued to the television and xbox live. And no spongebob on Tivo. We had rabbit ears on the one old tv in the living room, and 1 hour on Saturday morning to enjoy the Looney Tunes, hoping to catch a Road Runner cartoon. The scent of fresh cut grass and the old Murray Lawn mowers blaring away is what greeted us when we went outside. But most importantly, I'd love to once again enjoy the fellowship of all the wonderful people that have passed on since then.

So yeah, the 90's for me.

xeno_alpha_07

I'd love to go back to the late 80's early 90's.  Had some good times back then.

Local Trouble

In the year 7510.

The Cruentus

50's or 80's if I want to go back  perhaps 2218 if I want to go to the furure.

80's had the best music and hilirious styles, plus punk flourished around that time although they became too popular in my opinion.
The 50's had a sense of peace and order about it, even if it was a horribly repressed era full of bigotry. You could leave yours doors open then, as crime was not as common as it is today. Today's society is quite sick and too soft. Look out your window and you will see yobs and druggies. I am glad there is more progressive attitudes today but there is too many negatives and no one is able to do anything to discipline the youth of today.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: xeno_alpha_07 on May 03, 2018, 10:53:35 AM
I'd love to go back to the late 80's early 90's.  Had some good times back then.
TBH the reason I would like to go to the early 90s was seeing alternative rock break through apart from that I don't see any reason going back. TBF I think it would be quite boring.

FiorinaFury161

FiorinaFury161

I voted other because I have two answers.

Liked living in the 1990s as a kid/early teens. So many memories (great, good, bad, and awful). The internet hits mainstream, music is boss (never to reach those moments ever again), sports apparel is at its all time peak in appearance, Michael Jordan dominates everyone. The 1998 Minnesota Vikings break my heart into a billion pieces and then grind those pieces in a fine dust and blow them into the wind.

Would like to see what living is like 2,000 years from now. I imagine everything is electronic, while our planet looks like LV-426, barren and all life practically non existent due to human negligence and greed. Bet the Gucci shoes are still neat tho :P

Baron Von Marlon

Teenager in the 60's, in my twenties in the 70's, thirties in the 80's, forties in the 90's.
That way I can enjoy the most.

I'd go to so much concerts.
Football games probably too. Because you could still act naughty then.
By the late 80's, early 90's, I'm going into the rave scene. Time to try this new thing called xtc.
Now I'm older, the music scene is going downhill, time to hang up my dancing shoes and focus on my writing/directing career. I'm going to Hollywood, y'all!!!

If only...

Scorpio

The 2020s will be a good decade.

THE CITY HUNTER

whiterabbit

Let me go get mah gun, going on a dino hunting safari.

PredBabe

Oh the 90s, they were much simpler though that's because I was a baby/kid with no worries. Getting older sucks.

BigDaddyJohn

The 70's for me ! I would've been a dancefloor beast, getting down on some disco music with an appropriate haircut, and of course bell-bottoms jeans ! Probably simpler times in a good way too, i guess... More innocence overall...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed