Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 73,515 times)

predxeno

I noticed that they're missing the Aliens: Berserker novel in the line-up.  I wonder why's that. ???

Xenomrph

Berserker and Music of the Spears, actually. Corporal Hicks mentioned that in the OP, maybe they're saving them for a 4th omnibus.

predxeno

Oh yeah, I forgot about Music of the Spears; they better be saving it for a 4th Omnibus otherwise what's the point?

Xenomrph

I wonder if they'll reprint the AvP novels, or the Predator ones (although they might hold off until Shane Black's Predator movie is closer on the horizon).

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 25, 2015, 06:19:46 PMI wonder if they'll reprint the AvP novels, or the Predator ones (although they might hold off until Shane Black's Predator movie is closer on the horizon).

I'd like to see them reissue the Predator novelisations like they did the four Alien ones. Predator 2 is a great read.

Xenomrph

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Oct 26, 2015, 08:33:04 AM
Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 25, 2015, 06:19:46 PMI wonder if they'll reprint the AvP novels, or the Predator ones (although they might hold off until Shane Black's Predator movie is closer on the horizon).

I'd like to see them reissue the Predator novelisations like they did the four Alien ones. Predator 2 is a great read.
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, as well.

I've still got my first edition copies of all of the Aliens/Predator/AvP novels (and they're all in largely very good shape) sitting on my shelf, so I don't really need to re-buy any of them.
I actually have 2 copies of the ADF Alien movie novelizations, but that's because one copy is the UK omnibus collection that's super convenient, and the others are the individual books that I'm hesitant to get rid of because, well, they're first editions.

Like yeah I don't really like having duplicates on my shelf because I've got barely enough space as it is, but it doesn't feel right to get rid of either copy for some reason.

Also did Titan republish the Alien Resurrection novelization? Or just the 3 ADF ones?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 26, 2015, 10:41:04 AMI've still got my first edition copies of all of the Aliens/Predator/AvP novels (and they're all in largely very good shape) sitting on my shelf, so I don't really need to re-buy any of them.

I have copies, but if its a book I'd like to keep I'd prefer to have a nice new shiny one. The two Predator novelisations I have are seriously ratty.

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 26, 2015, 10:41:04 AMAlso did Titan republish the Alien Resurrection novelization? Or just the 3 ADF ones?

They did, earlier this year. There was a bit of a gap from the first three but they did get around to it.

Randomizer

I'm finally getting around to reading them, and I decided that starting with the originals first is better, then I'll read Incursion and go full circle. But I'm still curious about the changes the books have to suffer... Maybe more open to interpretations?

Corporal Hicks

It makes no difference which way round you read them really. Books 1 - 4 form an arc. The rest are largely stand alones. The only thing that really sticks out is the Earth invasion. Sometimes the editing away of Hicks and Newt gets a bit sloppy though.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: Randomizer on Dec 05, 2015, 07:42:17 PM
I'm finally getting around to reading them, and I decided that starting with the originals first is better, then I'll read Incursion and go full circle. But I'm still curious about the changes the books have to suffer... Maybe more open to interpretations?

As you say, the books DID suffer.  Some would say it doesn't matter, but the reality is that you end up reading the first books knowing that the characters were originally intended to be Hicks and Newt, but it feels like with every mention of Wilks and Billie, somebody is trying to fool you.  It's a little thing but it feels your getting a rain drop on your head every couple of seconds.  The great thing is that the originals are still out there in graphic novel format.  Do yourself a favor and pick them up.  Earth Hive was originally titled Book One.  Nightmare Asylum was originally titled Book Two.  The Female War was originally titled Earth War.  Besides, the original Book On is slated for rerelease in hard cover soon!  Enjoy...

Corporal Hicks

Found a surprise delivery waiting for me when I got home yesterday.

I had a flick through it - was only passing by - and it had there being 7 omnibus volumes due for release.

felix

That's a surprise. How did you get it so early?

Corporal Hicks

I get sent books for review.

felix

Neat. How many pages is the book by the way?

Corporal Hicks

I'll double check when I get home. Just at work at the minute. Not that I'm actually doing any.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed