Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 16, 2015, 08:11:11 AM

Author
Titan To Republish Original Aliens Bantam Novels (Read 73,250 times)

Corporal Hicks

Throughout 2014 and into 2015 Titan Books republished all four of Alan Dean Foster and A.C Crispin’s adaptations of the Alien films to accompany their own original Alien novel trilogy. It would appear that to accompany their new Aliens vs. Predator novel trilogy, Rage War, Titan will now be republishing some of the older Bantam novels:

161015_01

These are currently the only 3 omnibus available on the Titan website and they cover 7 of the 9 Aliens novels that Bantam published, leaving Music of the Spears and the very hard to find Berserker to potentially show up in a fourth omnibus. These novels were all adaptations of Dark Horse comic series of the same name.

The first is due for release on 19 January 2016, with the second slated for release 28 June 2016 and then finally the third on 27 December 2016. There are currently no dates for the last 2 books (Alien: Invasion and AvP: Armageddon) of the Rage War series but the first, Predator: Incursion is due out shortly on the 20th of October. Thanks to Jean-Francois Boivin from Timeline of the Alien and Predator Universe for the tip.

HuDaFuK

Great, I literally just completed my collection of these the other day and now this :P

Still, not too keen on that cover art so I'm kinda glad I have the originals. The second two look like ACM screenshots to me!

Corporal Hicks

I think they are screenshots. I miss the old painted covers too. That said, it's nice that these are seeing reprints. They're cheap and easy enough to find on eBay but this'll put them back on the book shelf in brick and mortar stores which is good.

HuDaFuK

Yeah, good that there putting them out there again after so long.

I'm pretty sure the last salvo of Bantam books (Berserker, Big Game and War) were never actually published in the UK - at least, I've never seen a British copy for sale anywhere. Only American imports. So if they finish off the run of these with a Volume 4 that'll probably be the first time Berserker's ever been released in the UK.

Corporal Hicks

Was it Millennium that published them over here?

HuDaFuK

Yep. Except Concrete Jungle for some reason, that has a different publisher's logo that I don't recognise. Definitely a British copy though because it has the UK cover art.

Corporal Hicks

I've only ever seen the Bantam version of Berserker too. You know what, if they do do a fourth volume with Berserker that would be really damn good. So many people would get easy access to it. And it's one of the better books too (maybe my favourite, actually) - well worth reading.

HuDaFuK

I haven't quite got around to it yet. Labyrinth is next on my list but I've gotten sidelined but some other books recently :)

Corporal Hicks

I'm finding myself buying too many books at the minute but I plan on going back and re-reading more of the older novels when I get chance. I can't remember what I really thought of some of them - Rogue, Harvest or Labyrinth in particular.

HuDaFuK

Rogue's been by far my favourite so far.

Perfect-Organism

Perfect-Organism

Very interesting.  From my perspective, it would be great if they re-edited these books and did away with Wilks and Billie and re-instated Hicks and Newt as per the original graphic novels on which volume 1 is based.  My feelings on this are well known.  But I don't expect much to come of this.

Wonder how Dark Horse is involved in this and if this effects future DHP / Titan co-operation.

I expect that these books will specifically be described as non-canon.  Even if Hicks and Newt are re-established as alive in Blomkamp's film, you can't account for the elephant-nosed aliens in volume 1 without ignoring Prometheus.

But it is great to see that old EU is not being treated as Apocrypha and these stories still have a life.  In a subtle way it hopefully implies that some of the old stories that are outside the current canon may be, dare I say, expanded upon?

Christophe

Christophe

Alien: Invasion is coming out April 26, 2016.

CrespiChickenStrips

I remember enjoying Labyrinth, Spears, and Rogue most,
And Harvest/Genocide least.  Their quality usually depended on the authors writing style, as I thought most of the storylines were at least interesting.

Whiskeybrewer

Nightmare Asylum is my fave of the books. Actually its my fave of the early comic series as well. Back when it was just Book 2

Born Of Cold Light

How different are the novels from the comic book versions of the stories?  I'm thinking about getting these, but I don't just want to read something that won't give me anything new.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed