Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop (Read 35,738 times)

Danny Harrigan

Danny Harrigan

The company could kidnap them because they know too much, they know what was Burke's plan and WYC dont want them to talk to anybody.

My idea:They catch them and bring them back to LV 426 by the backup marines but the marines also becomes prisoners and they wanted them to be hosts or use them for experiments to train the aliens.So they team up with Rip to defeat the company.When they later break out and finally they explode the Derelict and the whole facility that gives the reason WYC need Ripley in Alien 3 again.And i think Bishop is cooperative with Hicks and the others but if the company giving him an instruction he will bring that egg on board in the final minute because thats how he was designed.

But that would work only if the actors have rejuvenating make up.

I think something like that would be better than a full retcon what i hate.As nowadays almost every franchise has a reboot prequel or soft reboot..if someone dont like the idea of between Aliens and Alien 3 that person could think this movie is not connected to the third and forth (as Jurassic World not mentions the last 2 film).The fifth  Alien could exist as a third movie but also gives solution for the fans who like the last two film to be canon.

Anonymous

Anonymous

as someone who is in the military, it is very realistic to see outdated tech even on new stuff. This pulse rifle is more believable to me having rails, peq box, and a red dot.

RagingDragon

Tacticool incoming.... :-

Njm1983

Love the pulse rifle and it's return. I don't like the rails and the additions in their present look. When I look at the rifle it doesn't scream at me what it's parts are. When I look at the rail and the added sight and laser they are easily identified and feel like something from today's military.

Basically they need to be redressed in order to appear more in line with the existing equipment. Because in their current state they scream what they are and its boring and uninteresting as a result.

happypred

Chem rails in the Aliens-verse? Those poor poor cockroaches ;)

Xenomrph

Quote from: RagingDragon on Oct 24, 2015, 06:54:47 PM
You know what other Aliens media had RIS on it's pulse rifles?

Aliens: Colonial Marines :P

Flexserve

Flexserve

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 27, 2015, 06:40:57 PM

Mentioning 'that which should not be named' is a ban-able offense! careful! ;) SACRELIG!!!! LOL

Xenomrph

I'm not even kidding, the very first thing that popped into my head when I saw the RIS Pulse Rifle photo was "Colonial Marines".

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 27, 2015, 07:19:38 PMI'm not even kidding, the very first thing that popped into my head when I saw the RIS Pulse Rifle photo was "Colonial Marines".

Same. And while I know the quality of that game has no bearing on the film they're making, it's still an unpleasant connection to make.

Foxtrot94

Quote from: Xenomrph on Oct 27, 2015, 06:40:57 PM

And it was one of the few things that it did right.

Seriously, I can understand those who complain about the look of these attachments, "Too modern, it's supposed to be da future!!!", and all that, but not at all those who complain about the attachments' presence altogether. It ain't true that it makes no sense for Marines to have them. If anything, it wouldn't make sense for them not to have them at all.
That argument just feels like unhealthy Aliens worshipping. An extreme.

I love the Pulse Rifle, it's a classic, but I wouldn't like to see it unchanged in a new movie. Would be boring to see the exact same design from 30 years ago again, unchanged and untouched. Especially on a gun that doesn't have that much going on for it like the Smartgun and its targeting system, for example. So bring on dem attachments please. Just, I agree on making them more interesting, I like the idea I read earlier, to have a motion tracker screen mounted on it. Something like that.

SiL

SiL

While I don't care about the attachments, I don't see why it'd be boring to have the same design. It's a gun. We see the same ones over and over and over and over and over in films that use real weapons and people don't care.

Foxtrot94

Foxtrot94

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2015, 09:43:08 AM
We see the same ones over and over and over and over and over in films that use real weapons

Yeah but that's cause they're real weapons. Here, it's sci-fi. They have the freedom and the... "excuse" to do more than propose the same exact design, and they should, in my opinion.

Then, liking the looks of the attachments is another story. I just don't agree on complaining about their presence itself. Even though I got nothing particularly against this design. Corporal Hicks made some good points on the matter. But that's all about taste, you know, when it comes to how things look. And there's no point in arguing over taste, which is what I saw some people do a few pages back.

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: SiL on Oct 28, 2015, 09:43:08 AM
While I don't care about the attachments, I don't see why it'd be boring to have the same design. It's a gun. We see the same ones over and over and over and over and over in films that use real weapons and people don't care.
Agreed 100%. I feel like if as long as the PR sounds the same, and functions the same then I am ok with it. Put scopes and stuff on it. Modular weaponry is a thing. Although I don't like the Call of Duty mentality that comes to mind, I can't be too stuck in the mud over it.

Gates

Gates

Not enough information...for me, it's yay or nay depending on story...for all their bluster, the troops in Aliens were bottom of the barrel grunts...not sure if it's been said, but in today's military regular troops only ever get standard issue weapons 'cause tricked out gadgets cost way too much to let every soldier with a rifle utilize...however, special forces are allowed to pimp their weaponry as they see fit...modular weaponry is the future...that said, if it turns out the soldiers (if that's in-fact what they even are) using these modded pulse rifles are some sort of specialized units, I gotz no beef with it...

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: PRJ_since1990 on Oct 29, 2015, 01:44:46 AMAlthough I don't like the Call of Duty mentality that comes to mind, I can't be too stuck in the mud over it.

That seems to be something people are projecting onto it though. Attachments like this do exist outside of Call of Duty and related games.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed