Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop

Started by Ultramorph, Oct 15, 2015, 06:52:37 PM

Author
Neill Blomkamp Shares Pulse Rifle Prop (Read 35,737 times)

PVTDukeMorrison

So suddenly people aren't allowed to have opinions? While the added sight and rails are practical it does look lazy that it's just tacked on. Why not have the sight integrated into the carry handle? Why not have the rails be incorporated into the frame instead just having them be drilled in?

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: 8BA on Oct 17, 2015, 01:02:01 AM
Well, I'm not sticking around for the rest of this bratty thread.

N.B., if you're checking this site just know that the true fans have got your back. You're literally the only guy in Hollywood suitable to pull off fixing this most beloved but broken franchise. Everything you're doing is spot on, keep it up. If you have to toss out a couple of notoriously bad films, so be it. When some snot nosed punk insinuates that your efforts are 'fan fiction' just remember that you've actually made kick ass movies instead of wasting away behind a keyboard in your parent's basement. I have every bit of faith in you & may your Alien blow the rest out of the g*****n airlock!

What concerns me most about Blomkamp is that his films, as obviously influenced by ALIENS and ALIEN as they are, they are not really thrillers in the sense of having any real sense of dread-ridden-suspense, and that is the most important element in an Alien film. I see his other films and the tech stuff and I think, "Great. It looks like this takes place in the same universe as Alien." He says he wants to make sure this film suspenseful. This is where he isn't necessarily equipped for the job so Id like to see more attn paid to that stuff. But I hope he wont lose sight of that making all these toys.
Pulse Rifles are cool and all. But cool stuff doesn't equal a good movie.

blood.

Quote from: 8BA on Oct 17, 2015, 01:02:01 AM
Well, I'm not sticking around for the rest of this bratty thread.

N.B., if you're checking this site just know that the true fans have got your back. You're literally the only guy in Hollywood suitable to pull off fixing this most beloved but broken franchise. Everything you're doing is spot on, keep it up. If you have to toss out a couple of notoriously bad films, so be it. When some snot nosed punk insinuates that your efforts are 'fan fiction' just remember that you've actually made kick ass movies instead of wasting away behind a keyboard in your parent's basement. I have every bit of faith in you & may your Alien blow the rest out of the g*****n airlock!

LOL!

whiterabbit

wow.

Personally I'd love if NB would do AVP3 instead. The man could pull it off and make a great AVP movie.

Kel G 426

QuoteSo suddenly people aren't allowed to have opinions?

The problem is people who can't separate their disdain of the retcon from the relevant topic.  Many aren't even talking about the rifle, just the retcon, with the usual condescension.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Oct 17, 2015, 03:54:13 AM
While the added sight and rails are practical it does look lazy that it's just tacked on. Why not have the sight integrated into the carry handle? Why not have the rails be incorporated into the frame instead just having them be drilled in?

The thing is, we don't know the story behind the pulse rifle. It could belong to Hicks and he might have decided to mod it himself. Or maybe it belongs to a special forces branch, as you well know they like (and are usually allowed) to modify their own weapons.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Oct 17, 2015, 10:02:50 AM

The problem is people who can't separate their disdain of the retcon from the relevant topic.  Many aren't even talking about the rifle, just the retcon, with the usual condescension.

Constructive criticism is welcome. These modifications are obviously not everybody's cup of tea. But going on an inane rant about how "dis "moovie is gonna suxs 'cuase i dont likes teh new pulse rifles" is just childish.

blood.

Quote from: Kelgaard on Oct 17, 2015, 10:02:50 AM

Which is almost as bad as the people who just complain about other people   :laugh: :-X

Kel G 426

Man, that's another thing that gets me! Lemme tel u wat I hate bout dat bloodinthemud guy... 

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: PVTDukeMorrison on Oct 17, 2015, 03:54:13 AM
So suddenly people aren't allowed to have opinions? While the added sight and rails are practical it does look lazy that it's just tacked on. Why not have the sight integrated into the carry handle? Why not have the rails be incorporated into the frame instead just having them be drilled in?

It could be an integral part of the story for all we know.  Remember when Ripley added all that fancy gear to her pulse rifle?  What if Blomkamp wants to do something along those lines?  It would be so much better if the M41-A was already set up for such expansion.

marrerom

I think we can all agree that we want the film to be good.  Its just that some (including myself) are skeptical of Blomkamps approach.  Although its not confirmed it has been suggested that he'll be retconning half the series which is a controversial move to put it lightly.  On top of that no one can deny that his last two films have been of diminished quality in terms of story telling.  So the critics have valid concerns and him showing a picture of a replica does nothing to dissuade them.  I'd rather he just come out and say where his film fits within the continuity and get it over with. 

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 17, 2015, 02:00:16 PM
I think we can all agree that we want the film to be good.  Its just that some (including myself) are skeptical of Blomkamps approach.  Although its not confirmed it has been suggested that he'll be retconning half the series which is a controversial move to put it lightly.  On top of that no one can deny that his last two films have been of diminished quality in terms of story telling.  So the critics have valid concerns and him showing a picture of a replica does nothing to dissuade them.  I'd rather he just come out and say where his film fits within the continuity and get it over with.

Well said. It's like your boss bringing in donuts for everybody when there are rumours going around that there are layoffs looming...

hfeldhaus

Quote from: marrerom on Oct 17, 2015, 02:00:16 PM

This ^^

As for the Pulse rifle, what's the point of the rail system and attachments? The pulse rifle is an 80's gun. Look cool and shoot from the hip, dousing it in tinsle defeats the gun. Keep it simple and if you want integrate the laser but keep the Iron sights.

reecebomb

Quote from: whiterabbit on Oct 17, 2015, 09:41:23 AM
wow.

Personally I'd love if NB would do AVP3 instead. The man could pull it off and make a great AVP movie.

This. He would be perfect for a AVP movie, a proper Alien sequel will need a director like Denid Villeneuve to pull it off succesfully. I know that i may come off as a negative nancy around here, i just hope we get something that has substance next to the pretty tech and explosions. NB could very well surprise us, he is still better than most young directors out there and District 9 is still ace. To early to tell but seems like he isn't on the same level as Scott, Cameron, Fincher or Jenuet, but well see. Hope for the best.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: hfeldhaus on Oct 17, 2015, 02:44:16 PM
As for the Pulse rifle, what's the point of the rail system and attachments? The pulse rifle is an 80's gun. Look cool and shoot from the hip, dousing it in tinsle defeats the gun. Keep it simple and if you want integrate the laser but keep the Iron sights.

It's not the 80s anymore. As much as I love the PR, I hate that it doesn't have any sights. The handle could/is/maybe supposed to be iron sights but it's poor. One of the very very very very few things A:CM did right was having attachments. It should be able to field more than whats on it. The future is about modular weaponry. What grounds Alien and Aliens so well is that it seems futuristic but modern at the say time.

Nothing wrong with this being a M41-B Pulse Rifle.

That said...I do dislike the PEQ box and the flash-hider. The PEQ box seems redudant as the Sight Mark on the rifle atm has a dual sight version with a laser sight as well as the reflex itself and it ruins the flow of the weapon too much. The flash hider I just don't like the asthetic.

hfeldhaus

hfeldhaus

It's not the 80's but if the modern version looks like this then no thanks. It's been said in this thread but it looks like a CoD gun and that's never a good thing. If Blomkamp wants to make a 'true' sequel to Aliens he should adhere to the style, like CA did with Alien Isolation. The sights aren't a problem either, it's a gun of aesthetics not practicality.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed