Ridley Scott Talks Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Oct 05, 2015, 12:04:28 PM

Author
Ridley Scott Talks Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 25,466 times)

Perfect-Organism

There remains the high possibility that Neill may drop the ball.  I love Alien 3 but would still prefer to have a better or different film made as a continuation of Aliens.  It's just that the end of the story for the main characters, was too abrupt and forced.  But there is no film out there for which the expectations of a sequel are so high as Aliens 5.  That makes Neill's job that much harder.  Will he succeed?  We can only cross our fingers and hope.

LiquidMonster

LiquidMonster

My story idea I posted on here would make Alien 3 and Resurrection fans happy. Basically we find out that Weyland inserted clones of Ripley, Newt and Hicks onto the Sulaco shortly after ALIENS. These clones are whom we see in Alien 3 and Resurrection. Still better than a "bad dream" imho.

Here it is: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=52496.msg2048262#msg2048262

QuoteThe Sulaco was boarded shortly after Ripley, Hicks, Bishop and Newt go into hypersleep after the events in Aliens by Weyland Yutani personnel. Ripley and co. are taken prisoner and kept in suspended animation as Weyland Corp studies them. They extract DNA from each of them and clone them(which due to the methods employed, accelerate their natural aging process). These clones are placed back on the Sulaco with eggs so that Weyland can view/record the lifecycle of the Aliens. This explains the events in Alien 3 and Resurrection.

The film begins with Bishop slowly waking Ripley and Hicks along with Newt(who has been recast due to obvious real life aging issues). Bishop explains to Ripley and Hicks that he managed to free them from a top secret Weyland holding facility. He shows them security footage of Weyland extracting their DNA and growing clones of them and then replacing them in the Sulaco with Alien eggs on board.

Bishop manages to find out that LV 426 was indeed the Alien homeworld all along and that Weyland had purposely set up mining colonies there to study the Alien lifecycle before contact was lost with Hadley's Hope. He goes on to explain that they need to nuke the planet from orbit but Bishop has decoded a faint distress signal from somewhere below LV 426's surface.....that of Hudson's. Hicks gathers a team of marines that "can be trusted" and realizes that they must again go back to LV 426 to investigate Hudson's distress signal(and see if he's even alive before they nuke the planet for good).

Once on the planet, they re-enter the Derelict as that's where Hudson's distress signal seems to be coming from. They find new underground tunnels leading to a massive, secret underground Weyland Yutani facility(remember that concept art Blomkamp released? ;)  ) where Hudson managed to escape to and is now being held against his will.

Naturally, once they rescue Hudson, they realize they must get back into orbit to nuke the entire planet. More Aliens are let loose from maniacal Weyland scientists along with a Queen and King alien as our heroes must fight their way back up to the planet's surface and get back into orbit to end the nightmare for good.

While this story will probably be dismissed as a bad "fan fiction", the few Alien fans I work with really seem to dig the basic premise of the plot as it simply doesn't dismiss Alien 3 and Resurrection as "bad dreams". Those movies *did* in fact happen but with CLONES of our heroes.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Oct 05, 2015, 09:03:14 PM
My story idea I posted on here would make Alien 3 and Resurrection fans happy. Basically we find out that Weyland inserted clones of Ripley, Newt and Hicks onto the Sulaco shortly after ALIENS. These clones are whom we see in Alien 3 and Resurrection. Still better than a "bad dream" imho.

Here it is: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=52496.msg2048262#msg2048262

QuoteThe Sulaco was boarded shortly after Ripley, Hicks, Bishop and Newt go into hypersleep after the events in Aliens by Weyland Yutani personnel. Ripley and co. are taken prisoner and kept in suspended animation as Weyland Corp studies them. They extract DNA from each of them and clone them(which due to the methods employed, accelerate their natural aging process). These clones are placed back on the Sulaco with eggs so that Weyland can view/record the lifecycle of the Aliens. This explains the events in Alien 3 and Resurrection.

The film begins with Bishop slowly waking Ripley and Hicks along with Newt(who has been recast due to obvious real life aging issues). Bishop explains to Ripley and Hicks that he managed to free them from a top secret Weyland holding facility. He shows them security footage of Weyland extracting their DNA and growing clones of them and then replacing them in the Sulaco with Alien eggs on board.

Bishop manages to find out that LV 426 was indeed the Alien homeworld all along and that Weyland had purposely set up mining colonies there to study the Alien lifecycle before contact was lost with Hadley's Hope. He goes on to explain that they need to nuke the planet from orbit but Bishop has decoded a faint distress signal from somewhere below LV 426's surface.....that of Hudson's. Hicks gathers a team of marines that "can be trusted" and realizes that they must again go back to LV 426 to investigate Hudson's distress signal(and see if he's even alive before they nuke the planet for good).

Once on the planet, they re-enter the Derelict as that's where Hudson's distress signal seems to be coming from. They find new underground tunnels leading to a massive, secret underground Weyland Yutani facility(remember that concept art Blomkamp released? ;)  ) where Hudson managed to escape to and is now being held against his will.

Naturally, once they rescue Hudson, they realize they must get back into orbit to nuke the entire planet. More Aliens are let loose from maniacal Weyland scientists along with a Queen and King alien as our heroes must fight their way back up to the planet's surface and get back into orbit to end the nightmare for good.

While this story will probably be dismissed as a bad "fan fiction", the few Alien fans I work with really seem to dig the basic premise of the plot as it simply doesn't dismiss Alien 3 and Resurrection as "bad dreams". Those movies *did* in fact happen but with CLONES of our heroes.

I like that idea, I was sorta thinking a similar thing of them cloning Ripley as I liked Alien 3 and Resurrection.

Plus, your explanation saves a lot of headaches about "how did the egg get on the Sulaco?" Weyland-Yutani just put it there in the name of science.

Predatorium

"pretty good" isn't good enough. My guess is that both movies will be disappointments, just like Prometheus and Chappie.

Perfect-Organism

No cloning PLEASE.  Either have the balls to do a proper retcon or just walk away from the project already.  It's just such a poor literary tool to go around cloning, so you can take the story in a different direction so you can preserve the previous canon.

Neill should talk to Cameron and I am sure Cameron would say to do a retcon.  Alien 3 was a slap in his face..

NickisSmart

The Martian was amazing. Easily the best film Ridley's done in 20 years. I am not just that much more excited for Alien: Paradise Lost. 

Sgt. Apone

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Oct 05, 2015, 09:03:14 PM

Why would they have them cloned? Doesn't make much sense.

HuDaFuK

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Oct 05, 2015, 09:03:14 PMMy story idea I posted on here would make Alien 3 and Resurrection fans happy.

No it wouldn't. Because cloning them all makes no sense. Why would they do it? What do they have to gain? Why invest so much time and effort? There's literally no logical reason.

Not to mention, how would they have a clone of Newt when they don't even know that she's survived events until they blast off? I presume growing a clone takes some time. It at least needs to mature. So do they just have clones of the entire colony populace waiting on ice so they can pick out the ones they need?

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Oct 05, 2015, 08:06:53 PMNeill's off to a great star with District 9, Elysium and Chappie were less than well regarded. Like M. Night Shyamalan he seamed to be on going down hill. Will Alien be Neill's equivalent of M. Night's Last Airbender? I hope to be proven wrong.

This is what worries me more than anything. Coming off the back of District 9 I'd be far more thrilled that Neill's in charge, but his subsequent films have been decidedly uneven.

Alien³

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Oct 05, 2015, 03:03:41 PM
Granted, it's not 100% confirmed but from what we know it's going to retcon 3 and 4. People need to be prepared for that.

I'm prepared.

Now preparing for the storm thats brewing in some of these threads. :laugh:

whiterabbit

Quote from: Alien³ on Oct 11, 2015, 12:16:46 AM
Granted, it's not 100% confirmed but from what we know it's going to retcon 3 and 4. People need to be prepared for that.

I'm prepared.

Don't talk about storms. Terminator Genisys is still fresh kill you know. :P

THE CITY HUNTER

I'm prepared.

Its like the IRA split here Alien 3 fans with the officials.Wait just wait.When alien 5 and its "sequels" come out then we will see who is happy

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

I'm prepared.

Spoiler
[close]
;)

Whiskeybrewer

hfeldhaus

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Oct 12, 2015, 04:32:14 PM

I'm prepared.

Its like the IRA split here Alien 3 fans with the officials.Wait just wait.When alien 5 and its "sequels" come out then we will see who is happy

The hardest thing to accept is the premise, which is stupid as hell, and the fact that it's going to retcon/split the fan Base. The casual audience won't mind and that's why it's getting made, not because Blomkamp has any respect for the series.

whiterabbit

I don't need a sequel; I just want another Aliens movie.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed