Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 192,280 times)

Glaive

Glaive

Quote from: vikingspawn on Oct 07, 2015, 05:58:57 PM
I'd like for them to bring back Thing From Another World comics.   Matches perfect with the Aliens universe.
You and me, both!!

Whiskeybrewer

Whiskeybrewer

Quote from: Glaive on Jan 13, 2017, 12:26:28 PM
Quote from: vikingspawn on Oct 07, 2015, 05:58:57 PM
I'd like for them to bring back Thing From Another World comics.   Matches perfect with the Aliens universe.
You and me, both!!

Same. I loved those series. Although still havent read Issue #4 of Eternal Vows and its bloody difficult to get hold of lol

locusta

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 12, 2017, 04:05:51 PM
It hurts knowing we could have had an issue full of
Spoiler
queen art
[close]
done by Tristan.

Tristan no more being connected to that series is a major throw back imo. Not wanna be criticizing or offending anybody else´s art or style, but Tristan´s is simply the best right now, the comic part of the franchise ever had.

HuDaFuK

So I finally managed to get a hold of #8. I liked it, but less than the last few. The whole dreamscape setting took me a couple of reads to make sense of what was going on, but there were some neat snippets in there. Also liked that
Spoiler
Hollis may not be so fine after all. I'd be pretty happy if they did include the Chestburster cancer thing.
[close]

Quote from: Russ840 on Dec 30, 2016, 09:05:30 PM
Spoiler
i don't think the return to earth is new either as Extravehicular seems to have then in earths atmosphere.
[close]
that's is just my assumption though so I could be wrong.

Nope, it's stated in that issue that they were entering the atmosphere of some other planet, not Earth.

Russ840

Ah ok. I have only read that story once as opposed to the other 8 issues which I keep reading. I'll have to take another look. 

Did no one else get a Mark A Nelson vibe from the aliens in issue 8 ?

Perfect-Organism

Got some catching up to do.  Hope 6, 7, and 8 are good...

426Buddy

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 23, 2017, 03:24:23 PM

They are good, especially number 6.

Still the best Aliens comic series in a long time even without Tristan.

Russ840

Quote from: 426Buddy on Jan 23, 2017, 03:46:29 PM
Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Jan 23, 2017, 03:24:23 PM

They are good, especially number 6.

Still the best Aliens comic series in a long time even without Tristan.

Agreed. I would say in the running for best. Just my opinion though. 

Prez

Prez

Looking forward to picking up issue 9 and The Volume 1 Trade this Thursday!

HuDaFuK

Shit, is the collected edition coming out already? That came around far quicker than I was expecting!

Corporal Hicks

It's nearly been a year. I'm going to hold out on the collected editions. Hoping for another fancy pants hardback release.

Russ840

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jan 24, 2017, 12:14:02 PM
It's nearly been a year. I'm going to hold out on the collected editions. Hoping for another fancy pants hardback release.

And I think it would be a safe bet that the fancy pants would have lots of Tristan's prelim artwork and over great extras

Ultramorph

Aliens: Defiance #12 - May 31
Spoiler

QuoteBrian Wood (W), Stephen Thompson (A), Dan Jackson (C), and Stephanie Hans (Cover)

On sale May 31

FC, 32 pages

$3.99

Ongoing

After her return to Earth, Zula Hendricks fully expects to answer for her defiance. But instead of military tribunals, what she experiences is a chilling look into the future of warfare, courtesy of Weyland-Yutani's R&D labs. Her mission may not be over just yet.

"Defiance . . . has the potential to be the new benchmark. Go get it."—Hulking Reviewer
[close]

Maybe Defiance won't end at #12?

426Buddy

Not liking that cover much.

I don't understand why dark horse won't give us more Raymond Swanland covers.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Jan 25, 2017, 01:08:40 AM
Maybe Defiance won't end at #12?

They did always say there was a possibility it would go on longer. And I have no issue with that.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed