Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 191,499 times)

426Buddy

I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite dark horse alien series, has the potential thats for sure.

My only minor complaint is that i'm not huge fan of the style of the cover art, although that's merely my personal taste, as they are done very well.

Perfect-Organism

Quote from: 420Buddy on Mar 02, 2016, 04:20:00 PM
I have a feeling this is going to be my favorite dark horse alien series, has the potential thats for sure.

My only minor complaint is that i'm not huge fan of the style of the cover art, although that's merely my personal taste, as they are done very well.

There's also a Mark A. Nelson variant.  That's epic!  Nelson is THE original Aliens legend...

426Buddy

426Buddy

There's also a Mark A. Nelson variant.  That's epic!  Nelson is THE original Aliens legend...

Thats the one I ended up preordering, too bad he isn't doing covers for each issue though, that would have been amazing.

Ultramorph

Previews World has a new interview with Brian Wood about Defiance. Is it Aliens Day yet?

http://www.previewsworld.com/Home/1/1/71/977?articleID=175736

Corporal Hicks

They all sound so dedicated and you can see it in everything we get! This wait is unbearable.

Ultramorph

You can definitely see the passion everyone involved has.

Also, in case anyone is still unsure about how standalone Defiance will or won't be, this came up in a Twitter conversation:
https://twitter.com/DarkHorseComics/status/705482057237942272
QuoteYes, it's not connected to the Life & Death series

426Buddy

Can't believe i'm this hyped for something Aliens again, I'm more hyped for this than I am Covenant (and I'm pretty excited for Covenant too)

Perfect-Organism

Thank goodness.  I want my stand-alone Aliens series.

LordCassusSnow

Give me more Alien and less Aliens. I want more gothic horror movie in space and less of the usual canon fodder for one liner marines weve been gettin over n over n over. I know James Camerons movie was a huge success but it was just a sequel. Alien sets up the beast how its supposed to be. A game of cat and mouse against a seemingly invincible beast who lurks in the shadow awaiting its prey. If someone could put something like Alien Out Of The Shadows in comic form i'd be completely blown away!

Perfect-Organism

It would indeed be great if the new Alien novels from Titan were adapted into comic form.

KiramidHead

Isn't Out of the Shadows the one where Ripley comes out of hypersleep between the first two movies? If so... yeah, no. That's dumb.

Perfect-Organism

I think the premise was terrible, but the execution was terrific.  It was fun to read a Ripley / Ash story too.  It makes for a great "What if?" story.  If you treat it that way, it's an excellent read.  For Fox to say it's canon, is an insult to the intelligence of the fans though.

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: Perfect-Organism on Mar 04, 2016, 05:58:34 PM
I think the premise was terrible, but the execution was terrific.  It was fun to read a Ripley / Ash story too.  It makes for a great "What if?" story.  If you treat it that way, it's an excellent read.  For Fox to say it's canon, is an insult to the intelligence of the fans though.

Totally. Fun read, but not something one would ever say 'happened'. Lebbon couldn't even be bothered to count the cryotubes in the Narcissus, fer cryin' out loud...  :P

Corporal Hicks

The latest tease from Tristan!

Looks like Seegson Security but the tag would imply not. Loving the DAO shotgun too!

HuDaFuK

Sweet! Loving the oldschool look mixed with the Marine-inspired armour.

Was sad we never really got to see Seegson Security in Isolation.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed