Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 192,246 times)

Russ840

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 03, 2017, 03:10:40 PM
I know this has been denied, but I feel like the whole "the ship is screwed, we have to go back to Earth" angle is change from what was originally intended. Even the covers (see issue 8 ), alongside Extravehicular, point to a different story.

I also hope they haven't forgotten about
Spoiler
Hollis studying the xenos to try and wipe them out. Hasn't been mentioned since issue 7.
[close]

Still enjoying the series a hell of a lot, though.

I think you're right dude. It does feel that way. Along with Tristan himself saying that the story had experienced changes from its inception.

Ultramorph

DH has a preview of #11 up. Beware of spoilers, as usual.
http://www.darkhorse.com/Comics/29-860/Aliens-Defiance-11#prettyPhoto
Spoiler
It's always interesting when we get to see Earth in the comics. Can't wait to see the weapons test mentioned in the solicitations.
[close]

Russ840

Really not happy to see the artist changes again. Annoying that Thompson has been credited and still is but the cover shows a new artist that has not been in the series yet.

I think this series has really been messed about with throughout production.

Russ840

Issue 11 is not bad at all. A weaker issue but i still found myself enjoying it.

Spoiler
not really sure where the flashbacks are meant to have happened or what they mean. Hopfully we find out.
[close]

The art was not as jarring as i thought it would be when i saw the preview. It matches up ok nut i do think that is more to do with the colourist.

Whiskeybrewer

Picked up Issue #11 Today. shall read it when i get home

drsmuts

Read 11....it really feels like a totally different book to the first issues. Could have been a classic but the constant art changes and unfocused plot has really dragged it down.

Ultramorph

Just read #11. It was better than I was expecting.
Spoiler
I still love the character work, and it's cool to be on Earth witnessing some shady business between W-Y and the Marines. The art was also surprisingly good.

The flashbacks are getting to be a bit tired, though. So Hollis has a second queen inside her?

I'm very curious to see if they can pull off a satisfying ending.
[close]

426Buddy

Quote from: Ultramorph on Apr 26, 2017, 10:26:56 PM
Just read #11. It was better than I was expecting.
Spoiler
I still love the character work, and it's cool to be on Earth witnessing some shady business between W-Y and the Marines. The art was also surprisingly good.

The flashbacks are getting to be a bit tired, though. So Hollis has a second queen inside her?

I'm very curious to see if they can pull off a satisfying ending.
[close]

I felt similarly, not a bad issue but the random dream flashback sequences were really disorienting.  Its kinda been there for the whole series but its really gotten  worse in the last few issues.
Spoiler

From what i could tell, hollis was flashbacking the queen birth, the company is going to scrape out some alien residue that is still in her, killing her intentionally in the process.
[close]
It was confusing and very disappointing. But hey its not all bad, its not like its another A :CM lol.

Ultramorph

I'm sort of despairing at the likelihood they can wrap everything up in one issue.

Whiskeybrewer

Somehow I think I missed Issue #10 lol Seemed to be a bit of a random jump, so Im gonna have to go through my collection to find it

For me this series has kinda gone off the boil somewhat

Ultramorph

I hope the last issue winds up being double-sized, because there are so many threads still hanging.

Corporal Hicks

They could have made the narrative a little clearer on this issue.
Spoiler
At first, it seemed like they were trying to say that Zula had been facehugged but then it ends up being that they just want whatever genetic material is left inside Hollis?
[close]

Artwork is looking pretty good though!

Russ840

Yeah. I didnt quite get the flashbacks. They felt out of place.

Whos_Nick

Anyone know what's been going on with the delays for this book?

Russ840

Quote from: Whos_Nick on May 03, 2017, 03:58:39 AM
Anyone know what's been going on with the delays for this book?

It appears to be artist issues.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed