Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance

Started by RidgeTop, Sep 30, 2015, 06:29:00 AM

Author
Dark Horse Announces Aliens: Defiance (Read 188,670 times)

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Recently I had the pleasure of meeting the artist who did the Aliens comic of Fire and Stone, Patric Reynolds, at Salt Lake Comic Con. Although I did take some issue with the static, highly referenced look of the Aliens he did in the comic, he seemed like a very nice guy and is definitely a skilled artist. We were talking about Fire and Stone and I asked if he had been contacted about doing art for a follow up. He said he had not but did tell me that Dark Horse will be announcing a new series, not necessarily a sequel to Fire and Stone, at New York Comic Con next weekend. We'll post any information regarding announcements for it here, assuming his info was accurate. Watch this space.   

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

I've seen the same reported on Weyland-Yutani Bulletin from someone who also came from the SLCC. I'm curious to see what they have in store for us.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Nice! It would be cool if it was a more self-contained story.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

From Dark Horse's recently announced NYCC schedule:

http://www.darkhorse.com/Blog/2151/dark-horse-announces-new-york-comic-con-2015-sched
QuoteFRIDAY, OCTOBER 9

Title: Dark Horse: CLASSIFIED!

Date: 10/9/2015

Time: 11:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m.

Description: The can't-miss Dark Horse panel of NYCC 2015! Join Dark Horse creators Brian Wood and Matt Kindt, some surprise guests, and Dark Horse Comics publicist Steve Sunu for the first word on new series and announcements, including creator-driven original series and all-new TOP SECRET projects!

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 30, 2015, 11:55:10 AM
Nice! It would be cool if it was a more self-contained story.

I'd like to see more over-arching storylines but without being so jarringly connected as Fire and Stone.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I just hope it's not a comedic or superhero crossover.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 03, 2015, 10:32:46 PM
I just hope it's not a comedic or superhero crossover.

If there is a crossover, I hope it's with IDW to do a TMNT crossover.

Seriously, IDW's TMNT series is just as good as the original Mirage series. And they treat their crossovers as canon.. look at the Ghostbusters/TMNT crossover, that's actually canon.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

That could be fun. Isn't there a TMNT villain that's a rip-off of the xenomorph?

I kind of want an X-Files crossover.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Ultramorph on Oct 03, 2015, 11:37:47 PM
That could be fun. Isn't there a TMNT villain that's a rip-off of the xenomorph?

Depends on the TMNT Universe you're thinking.. Yes, TMNT has a multiverse and Turtles Forever canonically linked them together. But there are.. two kinds of Xenomorph type enemies in TMNT. In the Wolf-Murakami TMNT Universe, it's the Killer Pizzas. They were definitely based off of the Xenomorph. And of course in the Nickelodeon TMNT Universe, there are the Squirrelnoids.

But if IDW and Dark Horse were to do an AVP/TMNT crossover, I'd prefer a crossover with only the first two Predator films kept into account, and the four Alien films with none of Prometheus considered. Shit, if anything... AVP does fit in the TMNT universe, considering how many alien life forms there are.

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I would love to see Mulder and Scully puzzle over how much Prometheus' black goo is like the black oil from X-Files.  ;D

Born Of Cold Light

I want to go back to the Inominata, and see the final result of Dr. Church's experiments.

vikingspawn

vikingspawn

I'd like for them to bring back Thing From Another World comics.   Matches perfect with the Aliens universe.

Born Of Cold Light

Oh, and it's high time we got the Red Aliens back.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How do you know the Red's didn't win on the Homeworld?  :P They just haven't been removed from there yet so everyone is still dealing with the old strain.

Besides, I did enjoy the novelization's version of them where they said the change in tone was just so subtle that no-one would be able to notice and not a full on red like in the comics. But it was only done in the comic to make it so obvious.

RidgeTop

RidgeTop

Dark Horse are doing their new series announcements tomorrow at 11:00am EST.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed