Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions

Started by Corporal Hicks, Sep 17, 2015, 09:12:13 AM

Author
Prometheus 2 To "Begin" Answering Questions (Read 25,900 times)

Corporal Hicks

As Ridley Scott and his fellow filmmakers continue making the press rounds for his upcoming science-fiction, The Martian, based off the fantastic Andy Weir novel, Ridley Scott is starting to talk more about Prometheus 2. In an interview with Collider, Scott talked about the questions Noomi Rapace’s Elizabeth Shaw and Michael Fassbender’s David 8 will have when they reach their destination in Prometheus 2:

“It starts off with a very grand idea—or a grand question, really. Who are they and why did they create such evil biology and bacteriology? And [in creating], to protect themselves from what? So the questions are answered there, or rather, beginning to be answered in Prometheus 2.”

Ridley Scott and Noomi Rapace on the set of Prometheus.

Ridley Scott and Noomi Rapace on the set of Prometheus.

Much of the story for Prometheus 2 is unknown. The last we heard of the screen writing was that Michael Green had written a script by Jack Paglen. Scott recently told interviewers that Prometheus 2 would start production in February 2016 and that he had been scouting for locations in Australia.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Its assumed that the evil biology and bacteriology "Xenomorphs and black goo/mutagen agent" are a form of weapon the Engineers intend to use to wipe out the Human race. When Scott refers to it as a means to protect themselves is that implying there's an event greater threat to the Engineers?  :o

Alien³

Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 17, 2015, 09:24:55 AM
When Scott refers to it as a means to protect themselves is that implying there's an event greater threat to the Engineers?  :o

My guess would be...

Very excited for round 2.

T Dog

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 17, 2015, 09:37:34 AM
Quote from: XENOMORPHOSIS on Sep 17, 2015, 09:24:55 AM
When Scott refers to it as a means to protect themselves is that implying there's an event greater threat to the Engineers?  :o

My guess would be...

Very excited for round 2.
Ehhhhh that makes no sense........

Also I don't like that he said "begins to answer question".......he better not be doing another have assed story.

XENOMORPHOSIS

Forgive for miss phrasing this, the impression from Scott quote suggest that the Engineer utilise that Xenomorph as a mean of defence against some unknown force. "And [in creating], to protect themselves from what?"

Its strongly implied we're the enemy that the engineer intends to wipe out via the Xenomorphs, but it almost seemed that Scott was suggesting there's something else the Engineers wanted to use the Xenomorphs against.

Xenomorphine

EVIL BIOLOGY AND BACTERIOLOGY! RUN FOR THE HILLS!

NOT GOOD BACTERIOLOGY! EVIL BACTERIOLOGY!

Quote from: Alien³ on Sep 17, 2015, 09:37:34 AM
My guess would be...

Attempting to turning one set of monsters into a completely different set of monsters doesn't seem like a very logical countermeasure...

Also, it's meant to be the third film where the Alien might possibly be somehow referenced again, not a second.

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 17, 2015, 09:49:26 AM
Also I don't like that he said "begins to answer question".......he better not be doing another have assed story.

Keeping expectations lowered seems like a safe bet. He's never acknowledged the flaws in any interview. The most he's spoken of about it, is that he was happy with the released version and was happy people liked it (through buying tickets). If you didn't like the formula of the last one, there isn't any indication it shall be changed.

Alien³

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 17, 2015, 10:01:19 AM
Attempting to turning one set of monsters into a completely different set of monsters doesn't seem like a very logical countermeasure...

Depends on what happens if the alien comes in contact with the black goo. Something we haven't seen.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 17, 2015, 10:01:19 AM
Also, it's meant to be the third film where the Alien might possibly be somehow referenced again, not a second.

It was heavily referenced in Prometheus already.

FiorinaFury161

Don't know what to say but... excited!

T Dog

We should probably be careful.....Ridley tends to spill a lot of beans pre movie......

It's worth noting that The Martian is getting good reviews because Ridley didn't develop it or have any hand in directing the writing........
The majority of what Scott develops does not turn out well......

D. Compton Ambrose

I smell money bait.

System Apollo

What if the engineer's threat  were a race considered to be the architects?

I hate making up ideas but I thought this was rather interesting to share, just food for thought.

Something makes the setting and something else casts the actors.

The architects make worlds and galaxies while the engineers make life to populate them. And of course, because it is a movie, they have some conflict.

T Dog

Quote from: System Apollo on Sep 17, 2015, 02:32:55 PM
What if the engineer's threat  were a race considered to be the architects?

I hate making up ideas but I thought this was rather interesting to share, just food for thought.

Something makes the setting and something else casts the actors.

The architects make worlds and galaxies while the engineers make life to populate them. And of course, because it is a movie, they have some conflict.

Doubt it. Say it'll just be some other war race.
These guys maybe

Ultramorph

Yeah, I doubt the xenos will feature as the big bad in this movie. My money is on some kind of Lovecraftian Giger space god, which is what I would prefer. Hopefully the studio is actually brave enough to do something risky.

T Dog

Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 17, 2015, 06:24:28 PM
Yeah, I doubt the xenos will feature as the big bad in this movie. My money is on some kind of Lovecraftian Giger space god, which is what I would prefer. Hopefully the studio is actually brave enough to do something risky.

Maybe the Engineers were persecuted and enslaved themselves?

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Quote from: tmjhur on Sep 17, 2015, 06:32:27 PM
Quote from: Ultramorph on Sep 17, 2015, 06:24:28 PM

Maybe the Engineers were persecuted and enslaved themselves?

That's entirely possible. Back when Prometheus came out, I remember Scott compared the Engineers to the fallen angels in Paradise Lost, so that lends some weight to the idea that they're in rebellion against some kind of god.

The quote, via Alien Explorations (http://alienexplorations.blogspot.com/2012/07/questions-about-god-and-paradise-lost.html):
QuoteMovies.com: We're not going to get a slow build in this second film, then. These guys are volatile from the start?
Ridley Scott: In a funny kind of way, if you look at the Engineers, they're tall and elegant ... they are dark angels. If you look at [John Milton's] Paradise Lost, the guys who have the best time in the story are the dark angels, not God. He goes to all the best nightclubs, he's better looking, and he gets all of the birds. [Laughs]
Movies.com: So Milton was one of your influences for the Engineers?
Ridley Scott: That sounds incredibly pretentiously intellectual. (http://www.movies.com/movie-news/ridley-scott-prometheus-interview/8232)

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed