Prometheus 2 Holding Up Alien 5

Started by Darkness, Aug 17, 2015, 06:26:52 PM

Author
Prometheus 2 Holding Up Alien 5 (Read 45,267 times)

Darkness

Darkness

There's a new article on Bloody Disgusting who have a source suggesting that Blomkamp's Alien 5 is being held up by Prometheus 2. Not a real surprise. They do speculate that Alien 5 will shoot in 2017 with a release in 2018. Prometheus 2 will be shooting next year for release in 2017.

QuoteWhile Twentieth Century Fox is still hot on the project, our sources tell us that they're being forced to hold off until after Ridley Scott gets into production on his long-gestured Prometheus sequel. This means a lengthy development process for Blomkamp's Alien, and a potential release in 2018.

"Alien 5 is still very much in the works, as Fox remains hot on the idea," our regular tipster tells us. "Blomkamp continues to work on the script (only an outline existed previously) and refine the tale he is telling. Ridley Scott is still producing, but has insisted on Prometheus 2 being made first."

Blomkamp will continue to slowly prep Alien 5 while Scott goes off and makes Prometheus 2 early next year.

But there's an even larger roadblock that's being avoided by the feet dragging. Our insider says the "delay" will allow Blomkamp more time to develop his project and afford him the ability to work around any scheduling issues that may arise in reference to Sigourney Weaver's involvement with James Cameron's Avatar sequels.

If all goes well, Blomkamp will likely shoot Alien 5 sometime in 2017, ahead of a release the following year. So that gives fans a one-two punch of Scott's Prometheus 2 in 2017 and Blomkamp's own Alien film in 2018.

Things are subject to change, of course, but this is the current plan, so says our source.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/3357432/blomkamps-alien-happening-youre-going-patient/

marrerom

marrerom

Hopefully this delay will give Blomkamp ample time to receive feedback and criticism and use that to solidify the script.

Alien³

Alien³

...and not retcon Alien 3+4.

:-*

Gazz

Gazz

Quote from: marrerom on Aug 17, 2015, 07:05:22 PM
Hopefully this delay will give Blomkamp ample time to receive feedback and criticism and use that to solidify the script.

Instantly my first thought. This is good news. Blomkamp's 2 year turnover did him no favours with Chappie. Maybe a longer preproduction period will help him refine the script and bring on whoever he needs.

marrerom

marrerom

Quote from: Alien³ on Aug 17, 2015, 07:25:52 PM
...and not retcon Alien 3+4.

:-*

Yes, this goes without saying.

Ultramorph

I can't say that I'm surprised by this, assuming that it's true. In looking forward to both films, so getting them back-to-back in 2017 and 2018 would be pretty cool.

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

Of note is the alleged insider source's quote:

"...not sure if Biehn's assertions about it ignoring 3 & 4 are accurate. It's basically far too early to tell on that front right now."

It's quite possible he went on an assumption, based on being only given an outline and told his character would be included.

Perfect-Organism

Makes sense that it would be 2018.  Looking forward to a stellar retcon of Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection.

Doggo33

Doggo33

I don't consider 'Prometheus' canon and I don't think any notice of it should be taken when making 'Alien' films. Then again, if it isn't stated that 'Alien 3' and 'Alien: Resurrection' were dream, so instead it's just ignored, I won't consider 'Alien 5' canon either.

Mr. Clemens

I'm glad Fox isn't trying to hold Prometheus 2 back in favour of Alien 5 (the more obvious earner). I feel like Prometheus needs a sequel way more than Alien does...

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

When I read this update.. I got the image of darkened, cloudy skies. I do not know why but this doesn't strike me as good.

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: darkvegett0 on Aug 17, 2015, 10:43:10 PM
Prometheus is a terrible movie and people who say otherwise are retarded

... Sooooo.... If I thought Prometheus was okay, as in, not the greatest movie in the series but definitely not the worst either, does that only make me half retarded?

Mr. Clemens

Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 17, 2015, 11:07:57 PM
Looks like I'm retarded enough to say otherwise...

I thought about replying to him, but just reported instead. Never done that before!

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Mr. Clemens on Aug 17, 2015, 11:30:38 PM
Quote from: System Apollo on Aug 17, 2015, 11:07:57 PM
Looks like I'm retarded enough to say otherwise...

I thought about replying to him, but just reported instead. Never done that before!
I'm glad to hear this... Trolls! Tisk! :-)

Ash 937

Ash 937

Quote from: marrerom on Aug 17, 2015, 07:05:22 PM

Yes, and if Prometheus 2 is as bad as the first film, maybe he can tweak his script to conform more to his original idea.  I still don't like the idea of Bloomkamp having to modify his original vision to accommodate a sequel to a film that had such a poorly executed vision.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed