Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Started by Corporal Hicks, Aug 15, 2015, 11:36:24 AM

Author
Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 (Read 45,951 times)

Corporal Hicks

Michael Biehn is currently in attendance at the Sheffield Film and Comic Con. I’m also at the convention and Michael Biehn just finished his talk. It primarily focused on his work aside from Aliens but the topic of Alien 5 inevitably came up.

Biehn confirmed that Neill Blomkamp had talked to him about Alien 5 but he hasn’t read a script nor has he been offered a role. He also confirmed that Neill Blomkamp’s Alien 5 will in fact be ignoring Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection as if they never happened.

michael biehn corporal hicks Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Biehn also spoke briefly about his relationship with Neill Blomkamp. Neill had asked Biehn to audition for a role on Chappie. He didn’t specify which role but he did say that he recorded a tape and sent it off but ultimately didn’t get the role. Despite this Biehn said he was “certain” he would be in Alien 5 and he was “optimistic” about Alien 5.

Michael Biehn at the Sheffield Film & Comic-Con Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Michael Biehn at the Sheffield Film & Comic-Con

It’s been speculated that Michael Biehn would be reprising his role as Corporal Hicks ever since Neill Blomkamp shared his Alien 5 concept art at the start of the year. It showed a much older Corporal Hicks with the left side of his face burnt by acid.

Michael Biehn "Optimistic" About Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5

Hicks

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

This basically means that Alien 5 is still a long way from filming if Biehn hasn't even signed a contract yet. Unless of course they are planning on using someone else for his role.

I wonder if he auditioned for Vincent's role in Chappie and lost out to Jackman's greater star power?

Perhaps Corporal Hicks can corner Biehn somewhere and press him for more info?  ;)

Ultramorph

Thanks for the info!

It does worry me that production still seems so far off. That means the chance that the project goes up in smoke is still pretty high.

Xenomorphine

Interesting to learn he could have reunited with Weaver on that project!

This seems to be the first 100% confirmation from someone who's actually spoken to Blomkamp that it will be a retcon attempt.

I'll miss Ripley 8's potential, but at least that teleporting egg will no longer need an explanation. Can only hope that the production is as entertaining as it deserves to be.

marrerom

QuoteHe also confirmed that Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 will in fact be ignoring Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection as if they never happened.

UGH. What a terrible idea.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Aug 15, 2015, 12:24:11 PM
This basically means that Alien 5 is still a long way from filming if Biehn hasn't even signed a contract yet. Unless of course they are planning on using someone else for his role.

Yeah - I'm still not expecting much from this soon. Maybe they'll start steaming ahead towards the end of the year but it's nice to know it's not being rushed.

QuoteI wonder if he auditioned for Vincent's role in Chappie and lost out to Jackman's greater star power?

Exactly my thoughts.

QuotePerhaps Corporal Hicks can corner Biehn somewhere and press him for more info?  ;)

Unfortunately not lol Back home now.

Adam802

Quote from: marrerom on Aug 15, 2015, 03:29:28 PM
QuoteHe also confirmed that Neill Blomkamp's Alien 5 will in fact be ignoring Alien 3 and Alien Resurrection as if they never happened.

I'm actually happy about that. Excited to see how this goes.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Adam802 on Aug 15, 2015, 04:26:22 PM
Quote from: marrerom on Aug 15, 2015, 03:29:28 PM

I'm actually happy about that. Excited to see how this goes.

You and the majority I would imagine.

Rankles75

I'm more than fine with this.... :)

RakaiThwei

So Alien 5 is an alternative Alien 3 then? As long as we don't see Ripley waking up in bed only to find Hicks in the shower, I'm fine with this. I don't like that it's a retcon but you know what? I'm keeping and following the original timeline.

predxeno

Yeah, it seemed obvious from the get-go that Alien 5 was a retcon of Alien 3 and Rez based on all the comments Blomkamp and even Weaver said about it.  I'm glad Biehn is optimistic about this film being made because I just read an article from Bloody Disgusting that is more pessimistic and cynical.

RakaiThwei

Now we got two timelines like the Halloween and Godzilla franchises. Assuming what I said above doesn't hold true with Hick in the shower.

Ultramorph

Hopefully the optimism isn't misplaced. I think it's good that we're getting an alternate Alien 3. While I agree that Ripley 8 had a good amount of potential, it has been 18 years and general audiences don't seem to remember the fourth (or third) film very fondly, so it doesn't surprise me that that part of the series is getting dropped.

I just hope they have an inventive central story element. The concept art of Ripley in the xeno-suit and the Derelict in some kind of warehouse gives me hope, especially since Scott is working on this in addition to Prometheus 2.

Weylan

Sad news...

Was hoping Blomkamp's idea wasn't a legit retcon...I guess he more or less lied that he wasn't going to 'undo' Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection.

Then again this is what Biehn said...I'll definitely wait for FOX or Blomkamp to confirm it.

Sad to see a poor retcon fan fiction idea getting made into film...

predxeno

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 15, 2015, 08:00:03 PM
Now we got two timelines like the Halloween and Godzilla franchises. Assuming what I said above doesn't hold true with Hick in the shower.

That's assuming that this movie gets made, I am very cautious now what with Bloody Disgusting's theorizing.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed