John Davis: Shane Black's Predator Sequel will Reinvent Franchise

Started by ace3g, Aug 14, 2015, 02:05:12 AM

Author
John Davis: Shane Black's Predator Sequel will Reinvent Franchise (Read 36,860 times)

Corporal Hicks

I'm working on a project that incorporates the original Hunter.  :) I don't really have much to say on it yet but it should be fun.

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 26, 2015, 01:45:34 PM
I'm working on a project that incorporates the original Hunter.  :) I don't really have much to say on it yet but it should be fun.

I hope you portray 'hunter' better than the novelization did! :-)

Corporal Hicks

It'll be based on the Hunter script portrayal of the Predators.

THE CITY HUNTER

Just done a video on this:

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Aug 26, 2015, 01:01:39 PMI'm curious about what happened to Billy. Would you mind spoiling it for me?

Spoiler
The Predator splits him open from crotch to sternum with its spear (its primary weapon in the book) and tears out all of his insides.
[close]

pred169

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2015, 07:46:47 AM
Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Aug 26, 2015, 01:01:39 PMI'm curious about what happened to Billy. Would you mind spoiling it for me?

Spoiler
The Predator splits him open from crotch to sternum with its spear (its primary weapon in the book) and tears out all of his insides.
[close]
Nice...[emoji4]

Infected

The part that he did Iron Man 3 concerns me, that was one of the worst Marvel movies together with Thor 2.

RakaiThwei

Quote from: Infected on Sep 06, 2015, 11:52:34 AM
The part that he did Iron Man 3 concerns me, that was one of the worst Marvel movies together with Thor 2.

What concerns me is Fred Dekker writing this movie. Don't get me wrong, I like many of Dekker's movies like Night of the Creeps and Monster Squad but let's not forget that the man wrote and directed Robocop 3, a movie which killed the Robocop franchise but also Fred's career as a director.

Ironic enough, Shane also had a part in Robocop 3 as a minor role.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Sep 01, 2015, 07:46:47 AM

Spoiler
[close]

Whoa!

Thanks for answering, Huda.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 06, 2015, 12:32:41 PMWhat concerns me is Fred Dekker writing this movie. Don't get me wrong, I like many of Dekker's movies like Night of the Creeps and Monster Squad but let's not forget that the man wrote and directed Robocop 3, a movie which killed the Robocop franchise but also Fred's career as a director.

How many of RoboCop 3's problems were created by the studio though? By all accounts it was they who pushed for a kid-friendly movie after the first two.

Infected

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Sep 06, 2015, 12:32:41 PM
Quote from: Infected on Sep 06, 2015, 11:52:34 AM

What concerns me is Fred Dekker writing this movie. Don't get me wrong, I like many of Dekker's movies like Night of the Creeps and Monster Squad but let's not forget that the man wrote and directed Robocop 3, a movie which killed the Robocop franchise but also Fred's career as a director.

Ironic enough, Shane also had a part in Robocop 3 as a minor role.
Loved Night of the Creeps though, classic :D

Robocop 3 was bad in its execution, if it was done in the same style as 1 and 2 i think we would have gotten a worthy ending to the series.

Xenomorphine

But the second one was forgettable, too. The only great thing about it was Cain's robotic design.

Even the first one isn't as good as I used to remember it being when little. It's a fascinating concept, but I don't think any of the films have really done justice to the premise. Aside from ED-209's design, much of the decent stuff was essentially ripped from 'Judge Dredd' (quite literally in the case of the 'crotch shot' scene).

Infected

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Sep 07, 2015, 11:57:08 AM
But the second one was forgettable, too. The only great thing about it was Cain's robotic design.

Even the first one isn't as good as I used to remember it being when little. It's a fascinating concept, but I don't think any of the films have really done justice to the premise. Aside from ED-209's design, much of the decent stuff was essentially ripped from 'Judge Dredd' (quite literally in the case of the 'crotch shot' scene).
ehm i loved Robocop2 :D

HuDaFuK

I've said it before, but RoboCop 2 is one of those sequels that gets way more hate than it deserves just because it doesn't live up to the superb original. Watch it for what it is and it's immensely enjoyable.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed