NASA's RS-25 Engine Completes 500-Second Test

Started by Immortan Jonesy, Aug 14, 2015, 02:06:36 AM

Author
NASA's RS-25 Engine Completes 500-Second Test (Read 701 times)

Immortan Jonesy

NASA's RS-25 engine could bring mankind to Mars, someday. Or at least this is the main goal, which could be possible after all, due to the successful test.

The engine burned for a full 545 seconds during its test. The early results look promising.

whiterabbit

What a piece of crap. Is that the best America can do?

Immortan Jonesy

Immortan Jonesy

Are you kidding me? the power is just mind boggling. Furthermore, it is for a trip to Mars, not to Alpha Centauri  :P

However, this propulsion system could change the things, but unfortunately it's almost like a fantasy:

http://io9.com/no-german-scientists-have-not-confirmed-the-impossibl-1720573809

whiterabbit

That's not likely going to work... it's just disappointing that we don't have light speed yet. I mean come on we should be working our way up to ridiculous speed by now.

RagingDragon

Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 14, 2015, 09:33:59 AM
That's not likely going to work... it's just disappointing that we don't have light speed yet. I mean come on we should be working our way up to ridiculous speed by now.
Lol it's like white rabbit becomes less credible with every single post. :laugh:

whiterabbit

Quote from: RagingDragon on Aug 21, 2015, 12:20:12 AM
Quote from: whiterabbit on Aug 14, 2015, 09:33:59 AM
Lol it's like white rabbit becomes less credible with every single post. :laugh:
Dude we'll be at Ludicrous speed before you know it... if I had my way.  :P

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed