Begins Filming in January?

Started by Ultramorph, Aug 02, 2015, 11:26:19 PM

Author
Begins Filming in January? (Read 23,659 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Over on Scified they posted a scan from the newest Total Film, and there's a reference to Prometheus 2, saying it starts filming in January. It isn't a quote from Scott, though, so grain of salt and all that.

http://www.scified.com/site/prometheusmovies/prometheus-2-begins-filming-in-january

CainsSon

CainsSon

Rik Barnett? Really? Is he supposed to be Vicker's younger brother?
I really want this to be true, because I want both films productions to basically supersede the previous'... But I think it may be debunked.

Gerald Stiltz

Gerald Stiltz

I want to see the engineer society answer the question about the decision to reset Earth & dispense the black goo. I want an explanation of the deacon's life span & function.I want to see the android's value after Shaw repairs him. I'd like to know of humans thriving 2k years after being marked for reset, how that fact impacts the engineers positions, politics & social order.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 03, 2015, 03:56:15 AM

Just rumour at the minute: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2013/05/23/rik-barnett-for-prometheus-sequel/ I don't think I've read it anywhere that doesn't link back to Prometheus Movie News.

I'm really happy to see some Prometheus 2 news that isn't all the recycled bullcrap from Master Herald and their ilk. You can generally trust Total Film but without a quote or official confirmation it's still something to be taken with a grain of salt. The Martian will be winding down with release at the end of September so depends on how much has already been done for Prometheus 2.

T Dog

T Dog

Well this at least confirms that Ridley is poised to still direct this himself. Whether it's January or not we shall see. Very glad he's taken to Prom2 over Blade Runner 2.

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2015, 07:19:35 AM
Quote from: CainsSon on Aug 03, 2015, 03:56:15 AM

Just rumour at the minute: http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2013/05/23/rik-barnett-for-prometheus-sequel/ I don't think I've read it anywhere that doesn't link back to Prometheus Movie News.

I'm really happy to see some Prometheus 2 news that isn't all the recycled bullcrap from Master Herald and their ilk. You can generally trust Total Film but without a quote or official confirmation it's still something to be taken with a grain of salt. The Martian will be winding down with release at the end of September so depends on how much has already been done for Prometheus 2.
Im getting ready for work on the East Coast here, so I dont have time to dig up the link, but Scofied also posted an article where an inside source, revealed minimal plot details, but specified that this insight occurred when Jack Paglen was replaced by Michael Green (?) for the rewrite.
The idea was that someone from WY has disregarded Shaw's warning, not to return to LV223 and instead sent a team full of androids and some military tech there to investigate in hopes of finding the original Prometheus crew had made contact. They also suggested that - in an interesting twist - the androids may be programmed as military themselves.

You should be able to find the link through the one this thread references... My apologies if this was already discussed.

oduodu

oduodu

just hope Ridley WILL direct this. If he does then then i dont mind waiting a bit.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Aug 03, 2015, 07:19:35 AM
You can generally trust Total Film but without a quote or official confirmation it's still something to be taken with a grain of salt. The Martian will be winding down with release at the end of September so depends on how much has already been done for Prometheus 2.

Looks reasonably solid. That January quote is new, it's not some recycled nonsense like that "March 2016" release date that's been doing the rounds on the interwebz for a while now.

Quotejust hope Ridley WILL direct this. If he does then then i dont mind waiting a bit.

Scott said Prometheus was "the most fun he's had on a movie for many years". Would make sense if he returns for a second helping although this would be his first sequel ever.

markweatherill

markweatherill

Quote from: Gerald Stiltz on Aug 03, 2015, 06:37:19 AM
I want to see the engineer society answer the question about the decision to reset Earth & dispense the black goo. I want an explanation of the deacon's life span & function.I want to see the android's value after Shaw repairs him. I'd like to know of humans thriving 2k years after being marked for reset, how that fact impacts the engineers positions, politics & social order.

Well, I don't think they can use QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED again :).

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

How about This Time Questions Will Definitely Be Answered?

Xenomorphine

Xenomorphine

THE SEARCH FOR MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS...

T Dog

T Dog

Quote from: markweatherill on Aug 03, 2015, 01:41:47 PM
Quote from: Gerald Stiltz on Aug 03, 2015, 06:37:19 AM

Well, I don't think they can use QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED again :).

Classic Lindelof associated BULLSHIT!

CainsSon

CainsSon

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Aug 03, 2015, 02:45:45 PM
THE SEARCH FOR MORE QUESTIONS THAN ANSWERS...
Here's how id voiceover the trailer:

They went looking for answers
What they found was a mystery beyond interpretation
And a nightmare
Summed up with the vague warning
"There is only death here"
Now a new team will return
Looking for more answers
To questions they dont know how to ask
What they'll find will boggle the mind with more vague threats to humanity
Because humanities last hope isnt human after all
Journey to stand on the threshold of all human understanding and discover the greatest mysteries
Ever encountered
And dare to answer the greatest questions ever asked
Face to face with the face of our own existence
Or some other vaguely mystical shit like that

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

Answers will be questioned.  ;D

oduodu

oduodu

Caineson

LMFAO !!!!

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed