PlayArts Predator

Started by Ultramorph, Jul 31, 2015, 12:06:00 AM

Author
PlayArts Predator (Read 788 times)

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I couldn't find a topic about this doing a search, so I figured I would start one.

I saw this really strange, but pretty neat, Predator figure from Square Enix on Amazon. It comes out in September.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XUIVXAA/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=1H5IZZZW8Q6TW&coliid=I3IAJL2EWBF1EP

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

...I actually really like that! It's quite different but it works, I think!

Ultramorph

Ultramorph

I agree, it's a pretty cool alternate take on the Predator. The sixth month financing is mighty tempting.  ;D

Born Of Cold Light

Born Of Cold Light

That's dope.  I like the ornate design of the costume, like it's some kind of Predator royalty.

Corporal Hicks

Corporal Hicks

It looks almost like organic armour.

RakaiThwei

RakaiThwei

I'll pass, I saw this months ago when it was announced and I just don't like the way it looks. To me it doesn't really look much like a Predator, but an Orc from Lord of the Rings because of the armor and weapons. Mind you that's just my opinion, and I felt as if Square could've done something else. They're giving all the other lines a futuristic, sleek appeal but with Predator? I felt they dropped the ball on this one. If they were going for a tribal feel, I felt like they didn't do that well enough.

I had read that they had referenced the Japanese Oni for this version of the character, but I would've preferred something more tribal. They could've referenced something with an Incan or Mayan reference as a tribute to the first movie since people associate the Predator with the jungle.

PRJ_since1990

PRJ_since1990

Quote from: RakaiThwei on Aug 05, 2015, 04:02:37 PM
I'll pass, I saw this months ago when it was announced and I just don't like the way it looks. To me it doesn't really look much like a Predator, but an Orc from Lord of the Rings because of the armor and weapons. Mind you that's just my opinion, and I felt as if Square could've done something else. They're giving all the other lines a futuristic, sleek appeal but with Predator? I felt they dropped the ball on this one. If they were going for a tribal feel, I felt like they didn't do that well enough.

I had read that they had referenced the Japanese Oni for this version of the character, but I would've preferred something more tribal. They could've referenced something with an Incan or Mayan reference as a tribute to the first movie since people associate the Predator with the jungle.
Agree 100%. I saw the design when it was first revealed and I really couldn't see myself owning it, especially not for the outrageous price tag. I think I will pass on this one until it inevitably goes on some super sale (I can't see this one being a hot seller tbh).

The design itself is unique, I'll give it that. But overall it doesn't look or feel Predator enough. The Samurai Predator from Hot Toys captures the look of the Samurai and blends it nicely with the fictitious creature and its characteristics. This one seems more abstract... like someone just started drawing a Predator and added a bunch of organic elements and bones. I see why folks like it but it's not for me.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed