Sigourney Weaver on Alien 5 – “Neill’s Fulfilling His Childhood Dream”

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 21, 2015, 07:06:05 AM

Author
Sigourney Weaver on Alien 5 – “Neill’s Fulfilling His Childhood Dream” (Read 26,893 times)

pred169

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 27, 2015, 05:52:24 PM
Ok, you got me there! :-)

But I prefer to think of it as the alien is not a mutation; it just is what it is. The black goo from prometheus I don't even like to think about! Lol
Haha I hear you there. I hate that I had to quote it. Felt like ace ventura afterwards pouring toothpaste in my mouth...setting my clothes on fire before taking a cold shower...plunger to the mouth.  [emoji23]

But I rather enjoyed your point of view as well. It was nice to have a good debate without someone going into rage mode.

Xenomorphine

I don't think it was properly explained why the walls began to change. There was air in there, otherwise there would have been a veritable explosive decompression. :) And if there hadn't been any oxygen in there, it would have taken a while before they could breathe it.

It seemed more like a security system activating upon sensing the door was forced open. Storm seemed just as deliberate.

Engineer

Quote from: pred169 on Jul 27, 2015, 07:15:34 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jul 27, 2015, 05:52:24 PM
Ok, you got me there! :-)

But I prefer to think of it as the alien is not a mutation; it just is what it is. The black goo from prometheus I don't even like to think about! Lol
Haha I hear you there. I hate that I had to quote it. Felt like ace ventura afterwards pouring toothpaste in my mouth...setting my clothes on fire before taking a cold shower...plunger to the mouth.  [emoji23]

But I rather enjoyed your point of view as well. It was nice to have a good debate without someone going into rage mode.

Dido! :-). Yea I always feel a sense of guilt whe I use prometheus in a debate! It almost feels like I'm cheating on alien! Haha, jk. But more seriously, prometheus just muddied the waters more than anything...

Xenomorphine- what do you mean by the storm seemed deliberate?! As in, a security measure activated a weather-based weapon system?!?

Xenomorphine

That was the impression I got. The timing seemed too coincidental.

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 28, 2015, 01:20:41 AM
Hmmm... Interesting thought.

pred169

pred169

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 28, 2015, 01:25:58 AM
Hmmm... Interesting thought.
Very interesting. I never really considered that. It's possible. U.S. has been working on the H.A.A.R.P. project for awhile now and can supposedly trigger violent natural disasters on cue in certain locations. Now granted I never considered that part of the movie deliberate. I though they knew the storm was on the horizon and that's why they had a certain window of time to work with. I'll have to watch it again.

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 27, 2015, 07:27:22 PM
I don't think it was properly explained why the walls began to change. There was air in there, otherwise there would have been a veritable explosive decompression. :) And if there hadn't been any oxygen in there, it would have taken a while before they could breathe it.

It seemed more like a security system activating upon sensing the door was forced open. Storm seemed just as deliberate.

Not all airtight rooms have an explosive concussion when exposed to oxygen. In fact most operating rooms in a hospital are airtight. And the room where they keep the sterilized instruments is pressurized and all oxygen is removed. Yet there isn't an explosive force when opened. Another example would be a static free room at a computer chip factory. Alot of static free rooms are also lower oxygen content.  And as far as it taking awhile before they can breath in the room.....no. once a room is flooded with oxygen it is breathable. It may be lower oxygen and will feel heavier and harder to breath for a few seconds but this dissipates after a few seconds as the air enters the room. The worst they could expect would be a popping or ringing of the ears or shortness of breath for a bit.

Xenomorphine

Hospital rooms still do have air in them.

The sheer size of the chamber would have mandated a while before someone could just walk in and casually breathe, if there had been no oxygen, I would have thought. It was huge - and led off into those other tunnels.

pred169

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 31, 2015, 12:55:46 AM
Hospital rooms still do have air in them.

The sheer size of the chamber would have mandated a while before someone could just walk in and casually breathe, if there had been no oxygen, I would have thought. It was huge - and led off into those other tunnels.

Operating rooms not standard hospital rooms. And yes O.R. still have oxygen just a lower content. The instrument rooms however do not have oxygen to them when closed. They are kept oxygen free for sterilization purposes.
   As far as the room and the tunnels. Like i said once flooded with oxygen its pretty much instantaneous. Its not like a fart that lingers and takes its time to reach the other side of the room. Oxygen reacts very quickly. Like i said the most they would experience would be shortness of breath and ears popping and ringing. I don't remember the room leading into other tunnels though. I'll have to rewatch it and see.

NickisSmart

It could just be bad writing.

OmegaZilla

If the movie tanks, that quote is going to resonate within the internet like a plague. Damn.

oduodu

oduodu

Wasn't it also finchers dream to direct an alien movie ?? Wasn't it also spaihts and lindeloff's dream to be involved in an alien movie ??

Sorry if I sound negative.

I don't know enough to know how good a director he is. Why not fincher ?? Why gamble on an inexperienced director ? Apart from prometheus no other alien movie has ever been directed by an experience established (movie) director (at the time the movie was made) or was fincher an established director ?

D. Compton Ambrose

I just hope he puts the welfare of the fans and canonical consistency/decent writing above his desire to fulfill said childhood dream.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 26, 2015, 07:31:04 PM
Why not fincher ??

Doubt Fincher would touch the Alien franchise with a 10 foot barge pole again.

Quote from: oduodu on Aug 26, 2015, 07:31:04 PM
Why gamble on an inexperienced director ? Apart from prometheus no other alien movie has ever been directed by an experience established (movie) director (at the time the movie was made) or was fincher an established director ?

Fincher had only directed music videos up until he got the Alien 3 gig.

Scott and Cameron had only directed one feature film each before Alien and Aliens.

Alien 5 would be Blomkamp's fourth major feature film.

oduodu

oduodu

Eighth passenger

So basically he is statistically the most established director to direct an Alien franchise movie. ?

At the time of the making of the movie.

Is he a good director ??

NickisSmart

Correct. Well, not including the director of Alien: Resurrection, I think.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed