New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art

Started by Darkness, Jul 16, 2015, 07:16:11 PM

Author
New Alien 5 Ripley/Hicks Concept Art (Read 39,626 times)

HuDaFuK

Quote from: LiquidMonster on Jul 21, 2015, 03:26:22 PMYou just *KNOW* that Blomkamp has asked about Ridley and Cameron's Alien sequel ideas.

Why on Earth would he do that? I think he's been very clear that this story is his baby, and it's an idea he's had for a long time.

Engineer

I knew Ridley Scott was involved as a producer, but I had it in my head that his story suggestions were strictly to keep things in line with prometheus 2. I hadn't even considered the possibility of Ridley offering up suggestions from his own alien 5 treatment...

HuDaFuK - I vaguely recall reading somewhere that blomkamp had made some story changes to his base-idea after talking with Ridley Scott. I'm just not sure if those story changes were minor or major...

Xenomorphine

Seem to recall something about the story being heavily influenced by Weaver when they talked together. Don't remember the exact quote, but it was around that time when the project took on full traction.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 21, 2015, 04:21:14 PMHuDaFuK - I vaguely recall reading somewhere that blomkamp had made some story changes to his base-idea after talking with Ridley Scott. I'm just not sure if those story changes were minor or major...

Blomkamp implied those were changes imposed by Ridley to stop any conflict with Prometheus 2, but he said they were fairly minor.

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 21, 2015, 04:34:13 PM
Seem to recall something about the story being heavily influenced by Weaver when they talked together. Don't remember the exact quote, but it was around that time when the project took on full traction.

Yeah, Ripley wasn't going to be in it at all until he worked with her on Chappie. Essentially it was Weaver who changed his mind regarding the inclusion of Ripley.

QuoteHell, being Ridley is executive producing, I wouldn't be surprised for him getting story credit along with Cameron, Blomkamp and Weaver!

Ridley has never written a screenplay before (discounting his student film). You probably don't want him near a script anymore than Blomkamp.

Engineer

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 21, 2015, 05:06:25 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jul 21, 2015, 04:21:14 PMHuDaFuK - I vaguely recall reading somewhere that blomkamp had made some story changes to his base-idea after talking with Ridley Scott. I'm just not sure if those story changes were minor or major...

Blomkamp implied those were changes imposed by Ridley to stop any conflict with Prometheus 2, but he said they were fairly minor.
That's pretty much what I had heard. But you never know; if Ridley had his own ideas for alien 5, he and/or weaver could have easily influenced blomkamp's story with suggestions. I don't think his story was (or is) set in stone yet, but I could be wrong about that too I guess...

Xenomorphine

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 21, 2015, 05:31:14 PM
Yeah, Ripley wasn't going to be in it at all until he worked with her on Chappie. Essentially it was Weaver who changed his mind regarding the inclusion of Ripley.

Something like that, yeah. Everyone seems to be name-calling Blomkamp because Ripley and Hicks have featured so heavily in the concept art, but it's more likely that was a result of alterations resulting from Weaver discussions.

Engineer

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 21, 2015, 06:00:02 PM

Something like that, yeah. Everyone seems to be name-calling Blomkamp because Ripley and Hicks have featured so heavily in the concept art, but it's more likely that was a result of alterations resulting from Weaver discussions.
Now THAT, I did not know!! :-)

Whiskeybrewer

Now thats an interesting factoid.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 22, 2015, 09:48:43 AM

Now thats an interesting factoid.

http://www.avpgalaxy.net/2015/02/25/neill-blomkamp-talks-alien/

QuoteNEILL BLOMKAMP: It did have to do with having Sigourney on Chappie. It's just something that I've always wanted to one day be a part of. Those first two [Alien] films are probably my favorite films ever made. I didn't know if it would ever happen. I just always wanted to participate in it if I was able to.

Over the years, I came up with a story for a film in that universe that I wanted to make. And then when I talked to her about her experience making those films and what she thought about Ripley and everything else, it informed and changed the film I wanted to make into something different.

It just sort of stuck with me. A year later, when post-production was winding down on Chappie, I started fleshing out the idea for a film that would contain Sigourney. Fox never knew. I just worked on it when I could. Before I knew it, I had this really awesome film with a lot of artwork and a lot of backstory. And then I didn't know whether I was going to make it or not. So I just kind of sat on it for a while."

𝔗𝔥𝔢 𝔈𝔦𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔥 𝔓𝔞𝔰𝔰𝔢𝔫𝔤𝔢𝔯

Originally he was planning a sequel to Alien 3 which would have precluded Ripley and Hick's inclusion.

QuoteMy apprehension with Alien was that I had never worked with someone else's material. And not even someone else – at this point it was like... I'm going to count Fincher in with the third one. They're all three awesome filmmakers. So it's not about living up to it and being nervous about it, I just don't want other people to tell me what to do. Which is a different thing. 'Well we think in this film this should happen because it happened in that one.'  That kind of scared me a little bit so then I was like 'I'm just not going to do it, I'm just going to put it out.' But then I spoke to Sigourney [Weaver]. And I love Sigourney and her wanting to execute the story  that I wrote, and she thinks it's the right story for Ripley. So I was like 'Nah, I'm fully going to do this.'
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/03/04/how-district-9-director-neill-blomkamp-got-the-alien-gig

So those going on about how he is just a Hix & N00t fanboi, it's not that clear-cut.

Vermillion

Lol N00t

Mulosba

all of this is fantastic stuff and has me stoked for the release date!

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Mulosba on Jul 24, 2015, 04:41:52 AM
all of this is fantastic stuff and has me stoked for the release date!
This has made me worried

MrSpaceJockey

Quote from: The Eighth Passenger on Jul 20, 2015, 09:45:43 PM
Quote from: MrSpaceJockey on Jul 20, 2015, 02:53:13 AM
Who knows for sure if the cop was even Korean.  Just because he spoke a Korean phrase doesn't necessarily mean he's Korean - in Blade Runner, there is something called "city speak" which was a new language birthed from the culture mishmash melting pot of 2019 Los Angeles.  In the same scene posted, Gaff speaks sentences to Deckard that are composed of Hungarian, Chinese, Japanese, Spanish, French, and German words and phrases.

Good point but we know at least he was Asian. The Sushi Master and Chew both speak clean Japanese and Chinese respectively, so it's not too far fetched to assume the cop only spoke Korean.

Both also spoke English. Korean phrase could've been part of cityspeak.  Just because someone is Asian doesn't mean they can only speak one language.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed