Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2015, 10:55:48 AM

Author
Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time" (Read 64,710 times)

The Xenomorph Warrior

They should at least make a re-make of this shit game to hopefully make it good again. I'd like to see what it would be like when it isn't a pile of shit.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: The Xenomorph Warrior on Apr 30, 2016, 04:10:16 PM
They should at least make a re-make of this shit game to hopefully make it good again. I'd like to see what it would be like when it isn't a pile of shit.
I dont see that anytime soon.

The Cruentus

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Apr 18, 2016, 08:12:22 AM
Quote from: chainsawsquirrel on Apr 15, 2016, 09:05:13 PMWell for one thing, the actors who they did manage to hire (Al Matthews, Michael Beihn & Mark Rolston and a Hudson impersonator), no disrespect to any of them, but they're not exactly big time actors anymore.

Judging by Biehn's performance, he knew full well the game was a piece of shit too. I smell contractual obligation.

I think I read somewhere that Biehn admitted as much, he knew the game was bad and couldn't be bothered to put effort in it and judging by the lack of effort by the voice coach/director, he isn't the only one who couldn't be bothered.

Engineer

I remember reading that somewhere too.

Also heard James Cameron and Ridley Scott had bad things to say about the game too...

Xenomania

I'm just glad I didn't buy Colonial Marines or well, any Gearbox game after Half-Life Opposing Force. :P

Engineer

This one and halo PC were the only 2 gearbox games I bought. I'll never buy another though!

Corporal Hicks

Quote"The only other gaming experience that I had was I did a voice [Corporal Hicks] in the Aliens game that they made [Aliens: Colonial Marines]," Biehn says. "That wasn't fun at all. I just didn't really have any fun.

"It seemed kind of passionless. I think in movies, television, and the gaming world, you get some people that are really, really passionate, and some people that are just going through the paces. They think that because they have a brand name they're going to get a hit game or hit movie out of it. That certainly was the situation on [Aliens: Colonial Marines]."

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2013/07/25/the-80s-strike-back-the-complete-story-behind-blood-dragon.aspx?PostPageIndex=2

The Cruentus

Yep, that was it I believe and I can't say I blame him, why put effort into something that is a failure?

Local Trouble

I think Biehn was hopeful that Aliens would leave the door wide open for him to have a starring role in whatever sequel they ended up making.  I can't say I blame him for being salty about the way it all turned out.

I wonder if he's aware of the Gibson script and what might have been if not for the end of the Cold War.  Someone should mention it if they ever get to interview him.  ;D

Xenoscream

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 11, 2016, 11:10:08 AM

"It seemed kind of passionless. I think in movies, television, and the gaming world, you get some people that are really, really passionate, and some people that are just going through the paces. They think that because they have a brand name they're going to get a hit game or hit movie out of it. That certainly was the situation on [Aliens: Colonial Marines]."

Wow, that really says it all. So Gearbox were just going through the motions, after all the shit that they were the biggest fans ever. Compare this to how the Alien cast felt about recording lines for Isolation. Urgh f'king Gearbox...

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed