Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time"

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jul 10, 2015, 10:55:48 AM

Author
Randy Pitchford - Aliens: Colonial Marines Lawsuit Was "A Huge Waste of Time" (Read 64,709 times)

Bio Mech Hunter

"That whole thing was a huge waste of time."

Like the game itself and the six f***ing years we waited for it... >:(

robbritton

Well, I guess if anyone is an expert in huge wastes of time, it's you, Randy.

Hemi

sad, sad little man.... He will get what he deserves in the end, they always do.

Adam802

what a scumbag.

Ash 937

I did enjoy anticipating the game and I did enjoy discussing its development woes with the community as it happened through the years.  I picked up my copy of A:CM for $7.99 on Amazon nearly a year after I returned the game unopened on the second day after its release when the horrid reviews poured online. I don't think the game is worth more than $7.99. 

I will never buy another game from GBX.

The only justice for the fans imho came when Alien Isolation was released.  Thank Creative Assembly for doing what GBX was never capable of doing themselves!!

acrediblesource

I think these comments are incredibly insulting to the development community, they are hateful and uncalled for. I get more personal messages from moderates to control myself, yet these comments from the community persist.
SHAME ON THIS!

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Bio Mech Hunter on Jul 10, 2015, 06:40:50 PM
"That whole thing was a huge waste of time."

Like the game itself and the six f***ing years we waited for it... >:(

Well said.

Jekku

I know Pitchford isn't solely to blame, but I lost respect for him because he marched forward proudly and drummed up excitement for it like it was going to be the next best shooter.  Colonial Marines isn't a bad game, but for what was "promised" and advertised, it didn't come very close to delivering.

I've said it before, but I'd rather not give any more money to Gearbox.  Hopefully, they won't disappoint with the next Borderlands game... otherwise... I don't think they will be able to recover and that will be awful for all the people there who do work hard.

PRJ_since1990

I feel like we as a community of like-interested individuals have a right to protest and defend our interests to an extent. I don't believe anyone here is doing anything wrong or harmful. Pitchford has dug himself into an infinitely deep hole in the Aliens community eyes, one where he shall never surface. We have little to no respect for the man or how he has handled this entire matter from concept to reality, from reception to this lawsuit being adjourned.

High hopes were crushed and money was spent that can never be refunded. Personally, I love the collectors edition I purchased. I do not regret it. I enjoyed the game to an extent but I realize it wasn't half as awesome as it was promised.

Chris!(($$))!

Quote from: Jekku on Jul 11, 2015, 04:24:16 AM
Colonial Marines isn't a bad game,

Sorry to disagree with you but it was a bad game. AvP2010 was a game that alright but fell short of our expectations. A:CM was almost like they WANTED to insult us.

windebieste

Engineer

Engineer

This game was my biggest motivation to upgrade to a newer console. I wouldn't have bothered to dish out hundreds of dollars for a new console if I had known the game was going to be as big of a disappointment as it was. And I certainly wouldn't have preordered the collectors edition!! I feel I have a right to be pissed; as well as everyone else here who felt like they were taken advantage of.

But on a positive note, alien isolation was a pleasant surprise that came out of nowhere and exceeded my expectations!!

Thomas

Thomas

....... the game we were all waiting for is NOT the game we got. I would just like to know what happend to the build they showed off which looked great, was it all a prerendered cgi trailer masked as gameplay or did it never excist.

I will however be honest and tell you all that i still play it, not because its an amazing game but because i like the setting and seems  a lot of fun to play. Its a mess and looks nothing like what we all expected but i still see the potential to what it could have been.

Now if we could only get someone like "the creative assembly" to give us an "aliens colonial marines". I still now that it can be done, but we can thank Sega, Gearbox,Nerve studio and timegate studios for the fact that this will proberly never happen now.

To randy himself all i can say is F**K YOU. You lied to all of us, along with all your co-horts. You lied to the gaming press and here is the worst part you all pretty much got away with it.

You were all busy pointing fingers at each other and not taking any responsibility yourselves.......

The_Angry_Barbarian

The_Angry_Barbarian

Randy Pitchford just proves himself to be a joke of a human being saying that, his whole argument is precedented on his own voice saying "we never said the game was like that" when if you do a quick search on youtube you'll discover that the E3 footage that was highly used to sell the product at first instance was not in the finished product in fact there was no such trace of it ever being made for the game despite Pitchford himself saying the footage comes from the latter half of the second act or something like that (need to rewatch the footage again) which is directly saying this is in the game. It was used to advertise the game and the game didn't have it in the final product so to deny it being false advertising is utterly retarded when the evidence is plain for all to see. I mean they had all that time between the E3 footage and the game's release to say "the footage we showed you earlier is no longer in the game" they could have even have shown some actual footage but it seems they had so little faith in what they'd done that they didn't.

They sold a generic shooter with an Aliens mask I think we spent more time shooting Weyland Yutani personel than we did the title monster which became increasingly removed. I mean the promised footage from E3 was incredible that sold the game to pretty much everybody but we didn't get it and then Pitchford is surprised when people get angry with him. He knows he's guilty he even began blocking twitter users for saying they disliked the game even if it wasn't blaming him and just a simple statement of not being a fan of the game.To criticise the legal system from a viewpoint that holds no ground to do so is simply moronic. I know that legal system have their flaws (I work in that sector) but to say that people creating a lawsuit against him goes against justice is a f*cking joke.

I love how he thinks the justice system was bribed to hear the case because the claimants were using mafia tactics seriously what the f*ck? I appreciate I don't know every fact to do with the case but "mafia tactics" is he high? Rather than start bashing the people criticising him he should respect the criticism and work out what he was doing that was wrong, admit it (I know it's difficult for him) and work to right those wrongs. Randy Pitchford is a child who can't stand being told his creation sucks and thinks no one can say anything because his company created the successful Borderlands games which personally I'm not really a fan of but that's going off the point. I've read a load of stuff saying that Gearbox was pressured into the release and hadn't fully decided on the story when they released it.

Granted studio pressure is going to have a knock on effect but usually at that stage of development it probably won't affect that much of the finished product and more importantly given the amount of time Gearbox had been developing the game for and as it was building off a cancelled game but using similar mechanics and that cancelled game had produced footage itself I mean what was Pitchford and his team doing all this time? Sitting around and w*nking every time Bill Paxton said something funny in Aliens most likely. As you can probably tell I'm not too happy with Pitchford getting away with it nor am I impressed with the bullsh*t that spews from his mouth when he's criticised. The fact of the matter is whether he is CEO or whatever of Gearbox or not he should count himself lucky he still has a job following this.:-

Anonymous

Anonymous

Since the game released did not look close to the game in demos on release date the multiplayer is dead which was a very strong selling point for ACM.

You people charged full price for a game with no multiplayer or resemblance to the demo a game people waited ages on and have the balls to say "all it took was to stand up to them" its more like all it took was to "stand on TOP of them with a rich ass lawyer" that is all that is. At least tell it straight...nahh keep lying to keep your job and get promoted. Randy is like Burke from Aliens. lol this story is better than the one in the actual ACM game. lol at least people are giving this story more attention than the actual game. smmfh :-  :-  :-

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed