Arnold Schwarzenegger Has Not Been Contacted About Predator 4

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 30, 2015, 12:11:44 PM

Author
Arnold Schwarzenegger Has Not Been Contacted About Predator 4 (Read 39,670 times)

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 09, 2015, 02:55:29 PM
In the novel, which was written based on the script and movie itself, they try to portray the predator pov by describing what the predator sees, hears and thinks. Those portions are written in a different font to emphasize that it's a different view point. The novel's predator pov describes the predator distinctly focusing on harrigan because he seems to be more worthy prey based on his actions. It also describes it using different vision filters and magnifications to focus in on harrigan and block everything else out. How did it do this? With some sort of "telepathic" connection with the helmet and its sensors. I found this within the first 18 pages... The rest of the book probably has dozens of other examples.

I can't remember which novel it was but I'm sure another talks about the Predators using their mandibles inside the mask to control certain functions. does anyone else remember that?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: The_Angry_Barbarian on Jul 11, 2015, 04:07:16 PMGotta say I think for Predator 4 to be a success we need Arnie back in the franchise as an older Dutch.

Because Arnie's recent films have been such runaway successes.

pred169

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 13, 2015, 07:34:53 AM
Quote from: The_Angry_Barbarian on Jul 11, 2015, 04:07:16 PMGotta say I think for Predator 4 to be a success we need Arnie back in the franchise as an older Dutch.

Because Arnie's recent films have been such runaway successes.
Yeah but its not because his acting is horrible. you can't hold him responsible for poor storyline or screenwriting. It's not his fault the script or the story sucks. And most of the films he's been in have already been done a million times over. I think the problem is he's doing roles he's comfortable playing. The type he would have played pre-governor, and doesn't realize those type of films haven't been all that successful because they've all been played out. I think the return of a character such as Dutch would be beneficial for both the movie and his acting career.

HuDaFuK

Quote from: pred169 on Jul 13, 2015, 12:42:32 PMYeah but its not because his acting is horrible.

But at the same time you can't claim the success of Predator 4 hinges on his participation, because clearly he's not the big-name draw he once was.

Whiskeybrewer

I like the fact that each Predator film has been a different set of characters. it brings something new each time. I wouldnt have Arnie back, maybe just reference his character, but i would have Adam Baldwin's character back from number 2

Engineer

Engineer

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 13, 2015, 07:17:56 AM
In the novel, which was written based on the script and movie itself, they try to portray the predator pov by describing what the predator sees, hears and thinks. Those portions are written in a different font to emphasize that it's a different view point. The novel's predator pov describes the predator distinctly focusing on harrigan because he seems to be more worthy prey based on his actions. It also describes it using different vision filters and magnifications to focus in on harrigan and block everything else out. How did it do this? With some sort of "telepathic" connection with the helmet and its sensors. I found this within the first 18 pages... The rest of the book probably has dozens of other examples.

I can't remember which novel it was but I'm sure another talks about the Predators using their mandibles inside the mask to control certain functions. does anyone else remember that?
That doesn't ring any bells for me, but I haven't read all the books yet either. Funny thing is, while I was typing the post you quoted, I had a 'what if' thought that the predator had a keyboard imbedded in his helmet right where it's mouth is, and it used its mandibles to type in commands. Lol. That's what all those clicking sounds are about!!! Jk

Woah! Sorry hicks, I dunno how this quote thing messed up like this. :-/

I had all the text in the right place...
Edit: fixed quote display...

pred169

pred169

Quote from: HuDaFuK on Jul 13, 2015, 12:47:41 PM
Quote from: pred169 on Jul 13, 2015, 12:42:32 PMYeah but its not because his acting is horrible.

But at the same time you can't claim the success of Predator 4 hinges on his participation, because clearly he's not the big-name draw he once was.
Oh I completely agree. I am by no means insinuating that he will be the reason for the movies demise or rise. I was just stating that I feel his acting is still up to par he's just picking the wrong roles. Of course you never know... maybe he's just doing lesser roles until he can find his groove again. I thought he did an excellent job in terminator genisys.
  Back to the new predator film... yes I agree it has been great that the series has continued without tying them all to a sole actor. I also feel that a return to one of the original characters would be a refreshing experience. It's something most don't see coming. It's been said before that the chances of having an encounter more than once in a lifetime is stretching it thin. I say... why not. That could be exactly what the series needs. Something that hasn't been attempted before. A "round two" if you will. Now I'm not suggesting the preds try to find him because he survived before. I'm not even suggesting that he went off the rails and started trying to track them around the world. But a chance encounter some 20-30 years down the road could make for an exciting plot. Because he's seen them in action before he knows what tricks they have so the predator or predators have to change up their tactics and weaponry if they want to complete their hunt and collect their trophies. Yes its a slim chance that a second encounter could ever happen but so is winning the lottery and we see that all the time. Do you not think that would make for an interesting turn of events?

Quote from: Whiskeybrewer on Jul 13, 2015, 12:57:04 PM
I like the fact that each Predator film has been a different set of characters. it brings something new each time. I wouldnt have Arnie back, maybe just reference his character, but i would have Adam Baldwin's character back from number 2
Yeah that would be acceptable as well. Someone who has seen them in action and is tasked with tracking and capturing one.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: pred169 on Jul 13, 2015, 03:26:48 PM
Yeah that would be acceptable as well. Someone who has seen them in action and is tasked with tracking and capturing one.
But you see Baldwin as a side character like agent keyes knew about the predator so him being the mane character would ruin the tense and him knowing the predator how it operates would be a downside.

pred169

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 13, 2015, 04:32:12 PM
But you see Baldwin as a side character like agent keyes knew about the predator so him being the mane character would ruin the tense and him knowing the predator how it operates would be a downside.

Not necessarily. Him taking over after Keyes could be very eventful. And as far as him knowing how the predator operates that could actually be more suspenseful. Especially with his attitude.  Garber already displayed his arrogance and napoleon complex. Him being put in charge would probably stroke his ego even more and leave him open to mistakes. Not to mention technically he didn't really see anything with the predator. He watched the monitors. And when the pred realized he was walking into a trap he went apeshit and killed everyone so fast that you really couldn't see what was going on in the building. The monitors all went blank. All he knows is the feeding habits and the movements of ONE of the predators. They all have different methods of hunting.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Engineer on Jul 13, 2015, 03:06:57 PM

That doesn't ring any bells for me, but I haven't read all the books yet either. Funny thing is, while I was typing the post you quoted, I had a 'what if' thought that the predator had a keyboard imbedded in his helmet right where it's mouth is, and it used its mandibles to type in commands. Lol. That's what all those clicking sounds are about!!! Jk

LOL the clicking sound = super fast mandible typing!  :P

Well folks, it looks like Engineer has finally solved the mystery of Predator clicking.

Engineer

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jul 14, 2015, 06:43:17 PM
Quote from: Engineer on Jul 13, 2015, 03:06:57 PM

LOL the clicking sound = super fast mandible typing!  :P

Well folks, it looks like Engineer has finally solved the mystery of Predator clicking.

I just found the predator's resume online; under "skills" it said:

Typing speed
70 WPM by hand
120 WPM by mandibles

Lmao, jk

pred169

Quote from: pred169 on Jul 13, 2015, 04:41:04 PM

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 13, 2015, 04:32:12 PM

Not necessarily. Him taking over after Keyes could be very eventful. And as far as him knowing how the predator operates that could actually be more suspenseful. Especially with his attitude.  Garber already displayed his arrogance and napoleon complex. Him being put in charge would probably stroke his ego even more and leave him open to mistakes. Not to mention technically he didn't really see anything with the predator. He watched the monitors. And when the pred realized he was walking into a trap he went apeshit and killed everyone so fast that you really couldn't see what was going on in the building. The monitors all went blank. All he knows is the feeding habits and the movements of ONE of the predators. They all have different methods of hunting.
After watching Predator 2 yet again something kinda stuck out and made me think of this thread immediately. When keyes was talking to harrigan and explaining about the predator he mentions iwo jima, Cambodia, and  Beirut. And then stated they were drawn to heat and conflict. That whole explanation tells us that they have been studying these creatures since at least world war II. And the fact that keyes group arrived in LA so soon after the arrival of the preds suggest that they are somehow able to track the arrival of preds. Maybe even hunting patterns. They knew about the active camouflage, his eating patterns, weaponry, vision, and how it moved. They knew tons about them. Which in turn makes the slim possibility of someone running into them more than once.....not such a slim possibility anymore. So dutch running into one after x amount of years or even tracking them isn't such a stretch after all.

THE CITY HUNTER

Why has not Danny Glover been contacted about predator 4 >:( >:(

pred169

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 21, 2015, 07:00:43 PM
Unfortunately he hasn't aged very well. I don't think he'd be up for another action flick. Although I have to agree... I would rather enjoy him reprising his role as well.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: pred169 on Jul 21, 2015, 07:31:23 PM
Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jul 21, 2015, 07:00:43 PM
Unfortunately he hasn't aged very well. I don't think he'd be up for another action flick. Although I have to agree... I would rather enjoy him reprising his role as well.
:(

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed