Arnold Schwarzenegger Has Not Been Contacted About Predator 4

Started by Corporal Hicks, Jun 30, 2015, 12:11:44 PM

Author
Arnold Schwarzenegger Has Not Been Contacted About Predator 4 (Read 41,112 times)

pred169

Maybe have him in charge of a privately owned search and rescue team. And because of his past he refused to go anywhere near another jungle and only does urban or desert combat zones thinking the preds only come to the jungle. Then he finds himself smack dab in the middle of yet another predator hunting spree in the middle of Afghanistan or someplace just as harsh. That would be a plot I would like to see.

The Alien Predator

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jun 30, 2015, 12:34:12 PM
I think Arnie would be able to fit in in advisory role pretty easily. Doesn't have to be an action role - and even then, he's still capable of that.

"Lissen to mee, wot you need tuh doo ees covah yoursehlf in muhd! Don't carry whepuns! Eet dident keel Anna becaz she waz not ahmed!"

*Predator playback* "Hasta la vista, baby!"

"GET DAHWN! DO EET NAOOUURGH!"

I would love to see Ahnuld return, as you said, he'd pick perfectly as an advisor. Heck, he could return for an interrogation scene where the government is trying to find out more about what he knows on the Predators.

RakaiThwei

I'm surprised Arnold doesn't consider any of the Predator movies to be worthy after the first. Well, I knew that he didn't like Predator 2, and and I sort of figured the same for the AVPs, but I would've thought he liked PREDATORS.. Huh..  :-\

Ash 937

What are they waiting for?  Arnold hasn't necessarily been burning up the box office since he got out of public office.  I'm sure that his going price is considerably less than what it was in the 1990's (minus inflation, of course). 

If I were Shane Black, I would've contacted Arnold yesterday.

THE CITY HUNTER

Enough of Arnie, what makes a good predator is the suspense and the investigation like imagine Arnie in predator 2 he know how the predator works you can imagine him telling the whole city to wipe shit all over themselves  from the sewer to cover up their heat or imagine RJ in THE THING knowing  how it works so he gets everyone blood sample.It is not Ripley in Aliens who has the character build up.

pred169

Quote from: THE CITY HUNTER on Jun 30, 2015, 09:49:52 PM
Enough of Arnie, what makes a good predator is the suspense and the investigation like imagine Arnie in predator 2 he know how the predator works you can imagine him telling the whole city to wipe shit all over themselves  from the sewer to cover up their heat or imagine RJ in THE THING knowing  how it works so he gets everyone blood sample.It is not Ripley in Aliens who has the character build up.
I disagree. Not all predators act the same. Their hunting prowess is much like their personalities. Each is different. And as far as arnie I think he would do well in another film. Not as an investigator but more a passing role. A "I tried to avoid this but you woke a sleeping giant" role.
Something like maybe he avoided the CIA, NSA, and other agencies trying to debrief him about his run in. He's been off the grid for quite awhile and is suddenly tracked down by an agency after a containment team fails to capture a predator and gets pinned down and his brother gets caught in the middle of it.
I feel like it would be a very powerful plot detail if they could set it to where dutch was overly shaken up by his near death experience. Living off the grid, avoiding large cities, drinking, sleep deprived, and on the verge of loosing his sanity. He completely avoids anywhere there is conflict. A total recluse. And then after  his feeble attempt of moving on and forgetting the past. He is then tracked down and fearing for his brothers life he faces the demon from his dreams yet again. Only this time there's no mud to hide his heat signature...

Xenomorphine

Ripley got a shitload of character development in her second film. More than the first.

As for Dutch, he was already debriefed (and probably had every motivation in the world to give as much information as he could remember). He has no reason to be in another story except for blatant fan-service and that's exactly why it would feel forced.

Kel G 426

Quote from: Guan Thwei 1992 on Jun 30, 2015, 05:56:33 PM
"Lissen to mee, wot you need tuh doo ees covah yoursehlf in muhd! Don't carry whepuns! Eet dident keel Anna becaz she waz not ahmed!"

*Predator playback* "Hasta la vista, baby!"

"GET DAHWN! DO EET NAOOUURGH!"

LOL  :D

We have our script writer right here, folks.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 12:43:54 AM
As for Dutch, he was already debriefed (and probably had every motivation in the world to give as much information as he could remember). He has no reason to be in another story except for blatant fan-service and that's exactly why it would feel forced.

Not at all. He could fit very easily into a story. There's quite a lot you could do with his character.

Xenomorphine

Nothing which couldn't be done just as well by a new character.

Corporal Hicks

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 11:45:52 AM

Granted. But bringing the actual Dutch in, without replicating the backstory for a new character, brings some weight in. And some over-arcing continuity which the Predator films lack.

THE CITY HUNTER

Quote from: Corporal Hicks on Jul 01, 2015, 11:55:39 AM
Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 11:45:52 AM

Granted. But bringing the actual Dutch in, without replicating the backstory for a new character, brings some weight in. And some over-arcing continuity which the Predator films lack.
Maybe like predator 2 is that dutch is Peter Keyes and you see him in the point of Harrigan and instead of the showdown between him and THE CITY HUNTER ;) you seem Arnold vs THE CITY HUNTER

pred169

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 12:43:54 AM
Ripley got a shitload of character development in her second film. More than the first.

What is it with you and fan service.... Everytime someone mentions tying in a previous movie to an upcoming movie 9r adding an element in that could tie the two together that all you have to say is "no...then it would just be fan service." You do realize the point of doing sequels IS fan service. The original is put out to test the waters and see how much money they can make. Then if it's liked they do a sequel banking on FANS returning to see yet another film. If it weren't for the fans they wouldn't do a sequel. There are several films that had plans of sequels and because the first one tanked there were no others produced. Fans dictate the length of a film franchise....not continuity. Yes continuity is important but when its all said and done its about money...thus fan service is the ultimate plot point to any sequel. So my question is why complain about fan service. Did you not seek out this forum and join because you are a "fan"? Do you not read the novels and watch the older movies repeatedly because you're a fan? I hated economics in college you don't see me picking up an economic digest today. But I loved the alien and predator films and I'll sit and watch them over over. As well as read the novels. Food for thought.

DUB1

No to Arnie coming back. The Predator doesn't need to be stuck with it's own Ripley. If any familiar characters return though, I'd rather they be Lex, Isabella or Royce.

And why are people constantly bringing up Arnie's opinion of P2? Does it influence their opinion of it?

HuDaFuK

Quote from: Xenomorphine on Jul 01, 2015, 12:43:54 AMHe has no reason to be in another story except for blatant fan-service and that's exactly why it would feel forced.

Again, I thought the original idea of having him fulfil the Keyes role in Predator 2 had merit. Would be fun to see Dutch twisted into some kind of Ahab by his experiences, consumed with hatred for the Predators. Could probably still get away with casting him in a part like that, so long as it didn't involve him punching a Predator in the face.

AvPGalaxy: About | Contact | Cookie Policy | Manage Cookie Settings | Privacy Policy | Legal Info
Facebook Twitter Instagram YouTube Patreon RSS Feed